ImageImageImageImageImage

What is wrong with Derozan?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Re: What is wrong with Derozan? 

Post#81 » by grumpwalter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

What's wrong with him? Nothing, we were overrating him, like we do with many other players.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#82 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I think Demar just doesn't have that next-level talent. I do not doubt his heart and work ethic, but sometimes people just aren't designed to be elite. Average borderline starter SG, but no star potential here.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#83 » by The_Hater » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Now that teams are gearing to stop DD a little bit, his offensive limations have become very apparent. He can't space the floor with range or find his teammates when double teamed. Considering that he's a good but not an elite scorer to begin with, that makes him very easy to stop defensively.

Anyways, he wasn't that good to begin with. Just add him to the list of overpaid, one dimensional 6th men that BC seems to covet.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#84 » by Truthrising » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 pm

I still don't understand why Derozan is spoiled playing 37+ mins, this guy has been spoiled given mins without proving anything since he started his rookie year. We honestly need to trade away these one dimensional players.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#85 » by Neutral 123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 pm

truthrising wrote:I still don't understand why Derozan is spoiled playing 37+ mins, this guy has been spoiled given mins without proving anything since he started his rookie year. We honestly need to trade away these one dimensional players.

This is on BC. Demar isn't spoiled, he's just not good enough to be 'the guy', but is forced into that role because there just is no talent on the team. It's almost a shame, I wonder what he could have developed into, in terms of being a quality role player, if he wasn't forced to try to be like Kobe for almost his entire career.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#86 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

truthrising wrote:I still don't understand why Derozan is spoiled playing 37+ mins, this guy has been spoiled given mins without proving anything since he started his rookie year. We honestly need to trade away these one dimensional players.

He is still one of our best weapon outside of Bargnani and Lowry/Calderon. Unless you think Fields or Pietrus should take his minutes.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#87 » by wolfv » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 pm

You really don't understand? You know who our gm is, right? He has been very loyal to his guys and it's come to bite him in the @ss

If DD is going to continue to start than it can't be with another guy who also can't shoot in Fields. IT's too bad Pietrus has been such a dud with his shot.
Truthrising
RealGM

Post#88 » by Truthrising » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Were likely not going to the playoffs, so I see no reason to give Derozan heavy mins when we already know what type of player he is, and to say he's one of main offensive weapon apart from Lowry and Bargnani..is pure BS. We have other players that are a lot more efficient and can provide the same amount of offense and also be sufficient onthe defensive in Anderson and Davis.

All i'm saying given that this should be a developmental year is that we should at least give more mins to Ross to grow his game.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#89 » by Scase » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Indeed wrote:

He is still one of our best weapon outside of Bargnani and Lowry/Calderon. Unless you think Fields or Pietrus should take his minutes.

Yeah not like we have another SG on a rookie contract that is a good defender and can actually hit shots as well as get to the rim. Not like he could use developmental minutes or anything.
Props TZ!
Pass it
Rookie
And1: 883

Post#90 » by Pass it » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm

How did Demar's athleticism decline so quickly? Was it the extra 10 pounds? If so he'll never become an SF as some pple were trying to point out. Ross is already starting to outshine him and if he doesn't go back to his niche of driving, posting up I don't see how much longer he can stay as a starter.

It's like Demar's athleticism has diminished at double the rate of Vince's decline. Dude's only 23 and is already losing his lift.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#91 » by Big Shot » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm

After a serious thought, I've come up with a better question:

What is wrong with Colangelo? :D With his credential (at least on paper before he came to Toronto), you would think he could have done a much better job than what he has done so far for this franchise.

For every wrong move he did in the past, we could still find a reason and make some sense out of it. But not for this early DD's extension. Everyone knows he could have waited till this summer and got to see clearly what he has in DD instead of rushing into an early decision.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#92 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 pm

truthrising wrote:Were likely not going to the playoffs, so I see no reason to give Derozan heavy mins when we already know what type of player he is, and to say he's one of main offensive weapon apart from Lowry and Bargnani..is pure BS. We have other players that are a lot more efficient and can provide the same amount of offense and also be sufficient onthe defensive in Anderson and Davis.

All i'm saying given that this should be a developmental year is that we should at least give more mins to Ross to grow his game.

DeRozan is still a far better offensive player than Davis, while he goes to the line more often than Anderson. Meanwhile, Ross is not ready for big minutes, and he probably needs another year of experience.

Again, I am not objecting to trade Bargnani and DeRozan, but there is no point of trading them for nothing. And if we can find upgrade who makes the team better even with Bargnani and DeRozan, I wouldn't object to observe longer. There is not many options for us, and our goal is to make the team better, not blindly put our faith in unproven ones, because they share the same problem. Eg. trading a pick for DeRozan? It doesn't mean the pick ends up better than DeRozan.
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#93 » by roundhead0 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

With Calderon starting you're going to either get looks to the bigs in PnR or else to players on the perimeter for outside jumpers. This doesn't suit Demar so well. Add in AA taking so many shots and it's not hard to see why Derozan's usage and scoring has dropped.

I also see opponents packing the interior a bit more against him. Raps don't always create good spacing.

Lowry and Derozan IMO were set up to work more with Bargnani pulling a big out to the perimeter.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#94 » by Danchan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Most of the people finally see the light. My work here is done. U dont hold on to garbage for the sake of not having an empty hand. U get rid of it ASAP so u have a free hand and an active mindset to grab something else.

Trade him for pick expiring whatever.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#95 » by Hero » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Danchan wrote:Most of the people finally see the light. My work here is done. U dont hold on to garbage for the sake of not having an empty hand. U get rid of it ASAP so u have a free hand and an active mindset to grab something else.

Trade him for pick expiring whatever.

Who is going to trade for him when he's making 10 mil a year.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#96 » by JV4MVP » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

The sad thing is that he has $40,000,000 guaranteed and really has no incentive to improve whatsoever. His breakout season may well be 2016-2017.

BC is a ******* idiot. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a kickback from the Derozan, Bargnani and Fields' families.
erekose200
Senior
And1: 126

Post#97 » by erekose200 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

He's just not very good. He never was.
Truthrising
RealGM

Post#98 » by Truthrising » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 am

Regression2u wrote:The sad thing is that he has $40,000,000 guaranteed and really has no incentive to improve whatsoever. His breakout season may well be 2016-2017.

BC is a ******* idiot. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a kickback from the Derozan, Bargnani and Fields' families.

This

BC has to be to be the dumbest GM in RAptors history to have offered Derozan to that absurd contract, he must've learned his lesson from the Bargnani that you don't bet based on a speculation. Maybe i'm wrong because he did after all draft Bargnani and Derozan based on speculation and hype rather than any concrete evidence that they would turn out to be decent players.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka

Return to Toronto Raptors