yardbarker

What is wrong with Derozan?

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Morris_Shatford, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007

Post#91 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm by Big Shot

After a serious thought, I've come up with a better question:

What is wrong with Colangelo? :D With his credential (at least on paper before he came to Toronto), you would think he could have done a much better job than what he has done so far for this franchise.

For every wrong move he did in the past, we could still find a reason and make some sense out of it. But not for this early DD's extension. Everyone knows he could have waited till this summer and got to see clearly what he has in DD instead of rushing into an early decision.
Big Shot
Starter
And1: 57

Post#92 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 pm by Indeed

truthrising wrote:Were likely not going to the playoffs, so I see no reason to give Derozan heavy mins when we already know what type of player he is, and to say he's one of main offensive weapon apart from Lowry and Bargnani..is pure BS. We have other players that are a lot more efficient and can provide the same amount of offense and also be sufficient onthe defensive in Anderson and Davis.

All i'm saying given that this should be a developmental year is that we should at least give more mins to Ross to grow his game.

DeRozan is still a far better offensive player than Davis, while he goes to the line more often than Anderson. Meanwhile, Ross is not ready for big minutes, and he probably needs another year of experience.

Again, I am not objecting to trade Bargnani and DeRozan, but there is no point of trading them for nothing. And if we can find upgrade who makes the team better even with Bargnani and DeRozan, I wouldn't object to observe longer. There is not many options for us, and our goal is to make the team better, not blindly put our faith in unproven ones, because they share the same problem. Eg. trading a pick for DeRozan? It doesn't mean the pick ends up better than DeRozan.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 347

Post#93 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 pm by roundhead0

With Calderon starting you're going to either get looks to the bigs in PnR or else to players on the perimeter for outside jumpers. This doesn't suit Demar so well. Add in AA taking so many shots and it's not hard to see why Derozan's usage and scoring has dropped.

I also see opponents packing the interior a bit more against him. Raps don't always create good spacing.

Lowry and Derozan IMO were set up to work more with Bargnani pulling a big out to the perimeter.
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 591

Post#94 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:50 pm by Danchan

Most of the people finally see the light. My work here is done. U dont hold on to garbage for the sake of not having an empty hand. U get rid of it ASAP so u have a free hand and an active mindset to grab something else.

Trade him for pick expiring whatever.
-sig by triplemke23
Danchan
Head Coach
And1: 1,576

Post#95 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm by Hero

Danchan wrote:Most of the people finally see the light. My work here is done. U dont hold on to garbage for the sake of not having an empty hand. U get rid of it ASAP so u have a free hand and an active mindset to grab something else.

Trade him for pick expiring whatever.

Who is going to trade for him when he's making 10 mil a year.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 8,013

Post#96 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm by JV4MVP

The sad thing is that he has $40,000,000 guaranteed and really has no incentive to improve whatsoever. His breakout season may well be 2016-2017.

BC is a ******* idiot. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a kickback from the Derozan, Bargnani and Fields' families.
JV4MVP

Head Coach
And1: 3,249

Post#97 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm by erekose200

He's just not very good. He never was.
erekose200
Senior
And1: 123

Post#98 Re: What is wrong with Derozan?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm by truthrising

Regression2u wrote:The sad thing is that he has $40,000,000 guaranteed and really has no incentive to improve whatsoever. His breakout season may well be 2016-2017.

BC is a ******* idiot. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a kickback from the Derozan, Bargnani and Fields' families.

This

BC has to be to be the dumbest GM in RAptors history to have offered Derozan to that absurd contract, he must've learned his lesson from the Bargnani that you don't bet based on a speculation. Maybe i'm wrong because he did after all draft Bargnani and Derozan based on speculation and hype rather than any concrete evidence that they would turn out to be decent players.
I was wrong about DeMar DeRozan and he's going to be even better next year.
truthrising

Head Coach
And1: 1,139

Previous

Return to Toronto Raptors