ImageImageImageImageImage

MEM/CLE trade: Speights on the move, Griz escape Lux tax

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: MEM/CLE trade: Speights on the move, Griz escape Lux tax 

Post#121 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Bankai wrote:Cavs are rebuilding the right way and managing to grab 1st Round picks out of scrap deals. Their only downside is that they have been questionable at drafting. Because of this, they are currently no better than the Raptors who havent rebuilt fully, but when it came to drafting, so far has drafted better.

I don't agree with this at all. TT, Waiters and Zeller are all very good young pieces to their core moving forward.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#122 » by sisibilio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm

TT and Zeller are fine (not great) for the positions they were picked, but Waiters looked pretty mediocre every time i've seen him. Would you switch him for Ross?
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#123 » by Viatical » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Go for it. Larry Coon it up.

Every year, they calculate the new cap based on projected Basketball Related Income, and (you'll never believe this) the players association and the league get together and argue about what that number should be. One group generally wants it low, the other high. Every year they'll be doing this. Yes, just like during the lockout. And that's how babies are made. Wait, no that's how the salary cap is determined.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q13

Pope Larry Coon, that God of Gods, that Man of Men wrote:Starting in 2012-13 the salary cap is calculated based on projected amounts for Basketball Related Income (BRI) and benefits for the upcoming season. The projected BRI is a matter of negotiation between the league and players association. Each year the sides meet to try to agree on an amount. If they cannot agree before the end of the July Moratorium, they instead use:

The set amount for national broadcast rights (which is determined in advance), plus
The BRI for the previous season (other than national broadcast rights), increased by 4.5%.

Consider yourself Cooned.

*drops microphone*

*apologizes profusely*

*offers to pay for broken microphone*
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#124 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

fredericklove wrote:After next year...

Noel
TT/Speight
Wiggins or Parker
Waiter
Irving

beautiful.

Didn't you have my quote about Harrison Bust averaging something like 8/6 as your sig? You said that I was crazy and he'd average something like 16ppg his rookie year and made my quote as your sig. I see that you took it down. Wonder why..... :naaa:
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#125 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:57 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
PBI wrote:This is what rebuilding looks like, friends.

the Cavs should know. they've been doing it for...what, now...3+ years? and look at the standings!

Just like OKC. The problem is too many of you young guys have this quick fix entitlement mentality.
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#126 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

sisibilio wrote:TT and Zeller are fine (not great) for the positions they were picked, but Waiters looked pretty mediocre every time i've seen him. Would you switch him for Ross?

Waiters:
30 mpg, 15ppg, 3 apg, 3rpg, 1 steal pg, 38% fg, 32% three point, 13 PER

TRoss:

17 mpg, 7ppg, 1apg, 2rpg, 1 steal pg, 40% fg, 33% three point, 11 PER

You tell me.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,204

Post#127 » by Scase » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
team edward wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:the Cavs should know. they've been doing it for...what, now...3+ years? and look at the standings!
Exactly. Rebuilding means staying terrible for as long as possible. But while you stay terrible, you are curling up like a cobra, and then one season your picks have all become all-stars and you land a big free-agent and you STRIKE! That's how it works every time.

yep. works like that every time. still waiting for the Bobcat snake to strike. same with the Wizards.

Totally right, not doing a proper rebuild is where it's at. The raptors have been doing it the last 7 seasons.....and look at the standings!
Props TZ!
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#128 » by sanity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Cavs are in an awesome position to be a perennial playoffs team again. Drafting high does pay off eventually, at least in terms of your chances at getting a game-changing player. We haven't had one in many years now and its very bleak we'll come about one via FA---especially being nearly capped out.

Bobcats might not be there with Cleveland, but MKG isn't a slouch... and it does look as if Walker was a great pick for them based on his improvements this season. Their process might be slow and dreadful, but I'd still consider them to be in a better position than us moving forward in the near future. We have practically sucked as equally bad as them (if by a few higher slots in the standings) over the last half decade or so
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#129 » by sisibilio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:
sisibilio wrote:TT and Zeller are fine (not great) for the positions they were picked, but Waiters looked pretty mediocre every time i've seen him. Would you switch him for Ross?

Waiters:
30 mpg, 15ppg, 3 apg, 3rpg, 1 steal pg, 38% fg, 32% three point, 13 PER

TRoss:

17 mpg, 7ppg, 1apg, 2rpg, 1 steal pg, 40% fg, 33% three point, 11 PER

You tell me.

Speaking of rookies i prefer the eye test to the stats, which aren't exactly outstanding in Waiters case BTW.

Player A - 37 mpg, 20 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5.8 apg 45% fg, 18 PER
Player B - 23 mpg, 9.9ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.8 apg 40% fg, 14 PER

You tell me.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#130 » by kmatrixg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
team edward wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:the Cavs should know. they've been doing it for...what, now...3+ years? and look at the standings!
Exactly. Rebuilding means staying terrible for as long as possible. But while you stay terrible, you are curling up like a cobra, and then one season your picks have all become all-stars and you land a big free-agent and you STRIKE! That's how it works every time.

yep. works like that every time. still waiting for the Bobcat snake to strike. same with the Wizards.

The Wizards look eons better with Wall at the point. They're what, 4-2 since he came back?
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#131 » by kmatrixg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:

Noel
TT/Speight
Wiggins or Parker
Waiter
Irving

beautiful.

Didn't you have my quote about Harrison Bust averaging something like 8/6 as your sig? You said that I was crazy and he'd average something like 16ppg his rookie year and made my quote as your sig. I see that you took it down. Wonder why..... :naaa:

He's also a rookie on a great team, with 3 offensive options ahead of him. If he were playing for the Cavs, it wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest he'd be averaging 12ppg
Leolovinliberal
Banned User

Post#132 » by Leolovinliberal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 am

kmatrixg wrote:
Leolovinliberal wrote:

Noel
TT/Speight
Wiggins or Parker
Waiter
Irving

beautiful.

He's also a rookie on a great team, with 3 offensive options ahead of him. If he were playing for the Cavs, it wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest he'd be averaging 12ppg

Uh.........not sure why you responded. I said before the draft that he was the epitome of mediocrity and he would be a career 8/7 player. Freddy said that he would be an 18ppg All Star. He decided to use my quote as his sig and then when HB was playing much closer to my predictions than his, he mysteriously changed his sig.

Return to Toronto Raptors