ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again. 

Post#21 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm

They should trade him to the Raptors for Demar. Demar isn't injury prone.
Bucket! Bucket!
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#22 » by Double Helix » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

He's got a strange body-type actually (Davis). He's basically all limbs. Short torso. 9'0 standing reach. He's like a Justin Bua painting or Bill Cosby sketch from the 1970s brought to life.

I think everybody looks at him and assumes he's never worked out a day in his life and that he has tons more weight to put on but I'm not convinced. You look at his traps and his deltoids and they both look as though he's focused on working those two areas out. To quote "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" I think he worked out his "vanity muscles" before entering the league and that he may max-out skinny in the same way that KG, Bosh or Camby all did. You never know though. And each of those guys put on varying degrees of weight anyway.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,242

Post#23 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

God Squad wrote:I also thought that he's been very injury prone to the point I think ROY goes to Lilliard.

To the point? I say Lillard is a ROY no matter AD's injuries. Davis has been given complete green light and was pretty bland I think. He often settles with off balanced jumpshots, which are nice and all, but aren't very good shots. He is obviously the most talented big, but John Henson and Andre Drummond were just as impressive IMO.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#24 » by sanity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Camby is playing into his 40s
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#25 » by RapsFanInVA » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

How does landing on a guy's foot and rolling your ankle qualify as injury prone? It's just bad luck.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#26 » by Hero » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 am

Yikes. So Drummond might end up being the best player from this draft. And we passed on him. smh
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#27 » by kmatrixg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 am

RapsFanInVA wrote:How does landing on a guy's foot and rolling your ankle qualify as injury prone? It's just bad luck.

See my note on "Ligamentous Laxity"

Some people can land on a guys foot and it not affect them nearly as much as some - see Curry, Stephon.

Double Helix wrote:When I showed the camby picture it was more to remind everybody of the image Camby once had. Skinny, injury-prone... amazing help defence. As others have said though, AD's upside is much higher because he actually has a very impressive looking jumper and a solid handle for his height.

Their frames do remind me of one another though.

When Camby came into the league he was all offense and a struggling rebounder. Somewhere in his development, he stopped focusing on offense and went strictly defense/rebounding. He had a great inside game and a reliable jumper, very similar to the skills you point out in Davis.

In fact, their rookie year per36 numbers are nearly identical.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 02&y2=2013
Jack_Hardstrong
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Jack_Hardstrong » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am

Hero wrote:Yikes. So Drummond might end up being the best player from this draft. And we passed on him. smh

God damn it... If you put it that way... DAMN BC TO HELL!!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors