yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Morris_Shatford, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, Rhettmatic, itbobby007, DG88, Undefeated

Post#16 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm by kmatrixg

Maple Jordan wrote:Anthony Davis has Marcus Camby written all over him. Same type of game, same body type and both are consistently injured.

Definitely an interesting comparison.. It'd be a shame to see Davis have consistent ankle problems because of his play in the olympics.
M3LKM4N wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:Blatche should take the offer on the table.

Blatche should just take the table.
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 114
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#17 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm by SkywalkerAC

Maple Jordan wrote:Anthony Davis has Marcus Camby written all over him. Same type of game, same body type and both are consistently injured.

Camby was consistently injured early in his career, not later. He's played in almost a thousand games.
SkywalkerAC
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#18 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm by Bank Shot

AD is not Camby. He's 19 and he's putting up a higher PER than Camby ever has. His TS% right now is right around Camby's career high as well. Davis is going to be much, much, much better than Camby on the offensive end. Given what he showed at Kentucky and how he's looked this year on defense (really good, his DTRG is 103 while the team's is 109 so you can see the impact) he'll probably be better than Camby on the defensive end as well. Even if Davis does end up being injury prone (I haven't see anything yet to suggest it), it won't be much of a comparison between the two in terms of impact when healthy.
2014-2015 TOP 150, SLEEPERS AND BUSTS, AND PLAYOFF SCHEDS NOW UP!!! PUNT FT%, FG%, PTS, BLKS & AST NOW UP!
For Rankings, Sleepers, and Team Building advice visit:

http://www.EliteFantasyBasketball.com
Bank Shot
General Manager
And1: 1,266

Post#19 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 pm by Double Helix

When I showed the camby picture it was more to remind everybody of the image Camby once had. Skinny, injury-prone... amazing help defence. As others have said though, AD's upside is much higher because he actually has a very impressive looking jumper and a solid handle for his height.

Their frames do remind me of one another though.
Double Helix

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,985

Post#20 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 pm by Bank Shot

Oh ya I know, I know I was responding to the guys above me actually. Should have quoted one.

Agree with the frames. Although I could see AD being bigger. Those shoulders are just massive.
2014-2015 TOP 150, SLEEPERS AND BUSTS, AND PLAYOFF SCHEDS NOW UP!!! PUNT FT%, FG%, PTS, BLKS & AST NOW UP!
For Rankings, Sleepers, and Team Building advice visit:

http://www.EliteFantasyBasketball.com
Bank Shot
General Manager
And1: 1,266

Post#21 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm by I_Like_Dirt

They should trade him to the Raptors for Demar. Demar isn't injury prone.
Prepare to be RASHOWNED!
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 220

Post#22 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm by Double Helix

He's got a strange body-type actually (Davis). He's basically all limbs. Short torso. 9'0 standing reach. He's like a Justin Bua painting or Bill Cosby sketch from the 1970s brought to life.

I think everybody looks at him and assumes he's never worked out a day in his life and that he has tons more weight to put on but I'm not convinced. You look at his traps and his deltoids and they both look as though he's focused on working those two areas out. To quote "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" I think he worked out his "vanity muscles" before entering the league and that he may max-out skinny in the same way that KG, Bosh or Camby all did. You never know though. And each of those guys put on varying degrees of weight anyway.
Double Helix

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,985

Post#23 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 pm by UcanUwill

God Squad wrote:I also thought that he's been very injury prone to the point I think ROY goes to Lilliard.

To the point? I say Lillard is a ROY no matter AD's injuries. Davis has been given complete green light and was pretty bland I think. He often settles with off balanced jumpshots, which are nice and all, but aren't very good shots. He is obviously the most talented big, but John Henson and Andre Drummond were just as impressive IMO.
UcanUwill
Head Coach
And1: 1,237

Post#24 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm by sanity

Camby is playing into his 40s
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,804

Post#25 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm by RapsFanInVA

How does landing on a guy's foot and rolling your ankle qualify as injury prone? It's just bad luck.
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 519

Post#26 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm by Hero

Yikes. So Drummond might end up being the best player from this draft. And we passed on him. smh
Hero
RealGM
And1: 14,235

Post#27 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 am by kmatrixg

RapsFanInVA wrote:How does landing on a guy's foot and rolling your ankle qualify as injury prone? It's just bad luck.

See my note on "Ligamentous Laxity"

Some people can land on a guys foot and it not affect them nearly as much as some - see Curry, Stephon.

Double Helix wrote:When I showed the camby picture it was more to remind everybody of the image Camby once had. Skinny, injury-prone... amazing help defence. As others have said though, AD's upside is much higher because he actually has a very impressive looking jumper and a solid handle for his height.

Their frames do remind me of one another though.

When Camby came into the league he was all offense and a struggling rebounder. Somewhere in his development, he stopped focusing on offense and went strictly defense/rebounding. He had a great inside game and a reliable jumper, very similar to the skills you point out in Davis.

In fact, their rookie year per36 numbers are nearly identical.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 02&y2=2013
M3LKM4N wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:Blatche should take the offer on the table.

Blatche should just take the table.
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 114
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#28 Re: OT: Anthony Davis injures ankle. Again.
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 am by Jack_Hardstrong

Hero wrote:Yikes. So Drummond might end up being the best player from this draft. And we passed on him. smh

God damn it... If you put it that way... DAMN BC TO HELL!!!!
Jack_Hardstrong
Ballboy
And1: 0

Next

Return to Toronto Raptors