ImageImageImageImageImage

Everyone on our roster pretty much complement eachother

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Re: Everyone on our roster pretty much complement eachother 

Post#21 » by Big Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:
Big Shot wrote:
MEDIC wrote:
I just don't see how this team moves forward without making a BIG trade. This team needs to add an all-star in a bad way.......preferably a SF.

I absolutely agree. Gay seems to be harder to get with the trade of yesterday. They should look at Granger when he returns. They should trade DD for Evans if they can. A backcourt of Lowry and Evans with Granger at the wing is a very competitive and fun team to watch.

And why does Sac say yes to this? Evans is a better player who wasn't just overpaid for four more years.

That's why I said if they can. I know the possibility is slim. Sac would probably do it for the durability of the players. Or for some unknown reason which I don't know. Last time I checked Sac didn't extend Evans and there must be a reason. At least it shows Evans is not an absolute keeper in their plan.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#22 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Big Shot wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:
Big Shot wrote:I absolutely agree. Gay seems to be harder to get with the trade of yesterday. They should look at Granger when he returns. They should trade DD for Evans if they can. A backcourt of Lowry and Evans with Granger at the wing is a very competitive and fun team to watch.

And why does Sac say yes to this? Evans is a better player who wasn't just overpaid for four more years.

That's why I said if they can. I know the possibility is slim. Sac would probably do it for the durability of the players. Or for some unknown reason which I don't know. Last time I checked Sac didn't extend Evans and there must be a reason. At least it shows Evans is not an absolutely keeper in their plan.

I just think it's odd to make projections about something that will not happen. Almost definitively. And whether or not they keep Evans isn't really the issue. Why would they take on four more years of Derozan at that price? They'd have to be nuts to do that.
Big Shot
Analyst

Post#23 » by Big Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:
I just think it's odd to make projections about something that will not happen. Almost definitively. And whether or not they keep Evans isn't really the issue. Why would they take on four more years of Derozan at that price? They'd have to be nuts to do that.

It won't be odd if you keep your mind open and realize that any trade possibility can expand within the time of negotiation. Say Raps take back a long tern contract and then who's to say it won't happen?
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#24 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Spacing wrote:
Indeed wrote:Amir/Davis complements Calderon, but Lowry doesn't like the 2 bigs, where he has no room to drive. He has to completely change his game to adept the 2 bigs without getting space.

And I am not sure Anderson likes to settle for jump shots with 2 bigs down low. A winner like him loves to get to the rim and score closer to the basket.

And I'm not sure you watch the games.

And I'm not sure you any of the games, and I'm not sure you know how to make a response.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#25 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Big Shot wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:

It won't be odd if you keep your mind open and realize that any trade possibility can expand within the time of negotiation. Say Raps take back a long tern contract and then who's to say it won't happen?

They don't have any long-term contracts.
Big Shot
Analyst

Post#26 » by Big Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:
Big Shot wrote:

They don't have any long-term contracts.

Actually the length of the contract is a moot point.

If Sac wants to keep Evans, they have to re-sign him into a long term contract. The contract is not a guaranteed better one than DD's.

If they don't want to keep him, they would have to explore a trade sooner or later if not now.

All I'm saying is while it may be a long shot it's not like impossible.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#27 » by 5DOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

If we were to blend every player's strengths and create one player, would he even be a superstar in the league?
abUser
Junior
And1: 11

Post#28 » by abUser » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

They each suck where the others can't suck. They are simply substraction by addition.

Return to Toronto Raptors