yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

DD Can't Be Apart of the Core

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, FluLikeSymptoms, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic, Alfred, Undefeated, DG88, itbobby007

Post#41 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm by JustaKnickFan

Indeed wrote:
JustaKnickFan wrote:DD's rebounding seems very overrated. The more I watch Raptors game, the more I realize that the only rebounds DD grabs are the defensive rebounds where 3 Raptors are around it and maybe only 1 player from the other team.


That is basically how rebounding works. I think other than Lowry, our wings/guards rebounding are average.

Not necessarily, guys like Landry get some pretty nice offensive boards, and will occasionally get a defensive rebound in traffic, and even Calderon will sometimes get a long rebound, while DD only seems interested in getting the rebounds where there isn't much competition for. I rarely see him box out, too.
Minnesota Timberwolves
PG- Kemba Walker/Jordan Crawford/Ish Smith
SG- Courtney Lee/Lou Williams
SF- Kevin Durant/Alan Anderson/Shabazz Muhammad
PF- Zach Randolph/Kyle O'Quinn /Lavoy Allen
C- Anderson Varejao/Kosta Koufos
JustaKnickFan



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,022
And1: 876
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
Top

Post#42 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm by MoMan24

ROBBS wrote:
D-BE-LAW wrote:derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year and can be a solid guard, but I think he can be apart of the core, but not the guy, just a complementary player. We need a franchise player.


Still not a reliable shooter, defender, attacker, or ball handler... As our starting SG who plays huge minutes, he's hurt us in a lot of games. If he continues to be treated like a main guy, we're in trouble for years to come.

Well said, he is given 37 min which means he is a main guy. What gets me angry about this team is guys like Demar are treated like they have done things in this league like Lebron or Kobe so no matter how bad they play or hurting the team he will still get his minutes and that is why we will be in trouble.
MoMan24
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 171
Joined: Mar 20, 2011
Top

Post#43 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 pm by mango2209

I like demar but I don't see him playing up to his contract unless he works soo hard this summer that he miraculously develops above average handles. He has a mid range game, average post up game, and he's a below average defender.

He was able to draw fouls last season but for some reason that has gone away. Could attribute that to lack of respect from refs I guess.

Recently, he's been playing very passively as well. Could attribute that to defenders paying more attention to him I guess.

Basically, demar needs to adjust. Everyone has figured him out. His success in this league will depend on his ability to continue to improve and adjust

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Image
mango2209
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 709
And1: 122
Joined: Feb 3, 2009
Top

Post#44 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm by YoungG

Watch, now DD is going to go off in tomorrows game and everyone will start to change their minds about him once again. In all honesty, he is a very flawed player who is 23 years young. In for him to become something important to not only this team but the league, he's going to have to attend some kind of Point Guard camp and learn from a Defensive specialist.

Teach him how to be a play maker, increase his dribbling ability, teach him how to move with and without the ball.

Defensively teach him how to properly guard the opposition. Force them to a side in order to stop himself from second guessing where the ball handler is going to go.

I think those are the things he really is lacking... Ball handling, play making ability and defensive know how
Image
YoungG
Veteran
Posts: 2,746
And1: 528
Joined: Nov 29, 2011
Top

Post#45 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 pm by TheAlchemist

lol. The thread title implies he can't be separated from the core.

I just want a solid draft pick for him.
TheAlchemist




Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,348
And1: 1,341
Joined: Apr 6, 2010
Top

Post#46 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 pm by hkr

D-BE-LAW wrote:derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year


Unfortunately I haven't seen concrete evidence for that. Derozan's scoring efficiency went down, he's not grabbing more rebounds, not making much more passes, etc. The only thing he has clearly gotten better at is taking more shots which netted him the ridiculous contract extension.

Demar maybe has gotten better at somethings but none of that made him a more productive player that helps the team win more games.
hkr
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,302
And1: 18
Joined: Jun 22, 2009
Top

Post#47 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm by tmac101

hkr wrote:
D-BE-LAW wrote:derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year


Unfortunately I haven't seen concrete evidence for that. Derozan's scoring efficiency went down, he's not grabbing more rebounds, not making much more passes, etc. The only thing he has clearly gotten better at is taking more shots which netted him the ridiculous contract extension.

Demar maybe has gotten better at somethings but none of that made him a more productive player that helps the team win more games.

Contradictory at its best.
tmac101
Junior
Posts: 293
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 21, 2008
Top

Post#48 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am by hkr

tmac101 wrote:
hkr wrote:Unfortunately I haven't seen concrete evidence for that. Derozan's scoring efficiency went down, he's not grabbing more rebounds, not making much more passes, etc. The only thing he has clearly gotten better at is taking more shots which netted him the ridiculous contract extension.

Demar maybe has gotten better at somethings but none of that made him a more productive player that helps the team win more games.

Contradictory at its best.


What I mean is that whatever improvements Demar made hasn't made him a better player at all. In terms of production he hasn't improved as a player except he's taking more shots. He's not scoring more efficiently, he's not grabbing more rebounds, he's not making better passes, and although this is more arguable, he's not defending better either.

I've written this before but that's because all his improvements have been in taking the worst type of shot in basketball, long midrange jumpers. This perpetuation with taking more shots in the midrange made him less valuable as a player.
hkr
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,302
And1: 18
Joined: Jun 22, 2009
Top

Post#49 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 am by theskydrops

Have I read this thread before?




Or three times?
theskydrops
Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 174
And1: 4
Joined: Jan 13, 2010
Top

Post#50 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am by StatsMan99

LOL. It's "a part", not "apart". I agree though that he can't be a part of the core if we are ever to make the playoffs. He's one of the worst players in the league. Go to Wages of Wins and do a search for Demar Derozan if you don't believe me.
StatsMan99
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
Top

Post#51 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 am by StatsMan99

mirrornick wrote:23


He's in his 4th year, and his stats have barely improved at all. In fact, in several areas they've gotten worse. He's not going to improve much from here on out. With SGs, what you see by their 4th year is what you get.
StatsMan99
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
Top

Post#52 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 am by StatsMan99

Throwback24 wrote:His defense is below-average @ best. 35 year old guards blow by him with relative ease and if this is happening at such a young age, can you imagine DeRozan at Kobes age? He'd be practically crippled.


DeRozan won't be in the league when he's Kobe's age.
StatsMan99
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
Top

Post#53 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 am by StatsMan99

Rapsalot wrote:
C_Money wrote:
JustaKnickFan wrote:DD's rebounding seems very overrated. The more I watch Raptors game, the more I realize that the only rebounds DD grabs are the defensive rebounds where 3 Raptors are around it and maybe only 1 player from the other team.


Yes he sucks at rebounding but that is just one of many things that he can't do. He also can't play defence, pass, shoot, or drive to the basket. So really WTF is he actually doing out there?


Wow DD must be out of $$$ from paying the other NBA player to LET him Average almost 18 & 5 there are more than 15 other teams who SG do not produce at these rates. With him sucking so much I would say he must be blackmailing them so we should D League him ASAP


Season stats:

Old-man Vince Carter: 17.8 points/36 minutes on 54.8% true shooting
Demar Derozan: 16.9 points/36 minutes on 51.0% true shooting

Old-man Vince is averaging 0.9 more points/36 minutes, and shooting nearly 4% better than DD.

Old-man Vince Carter is also averaging more rebounds, more assists, more steals, and more blocks per 36 minutes than Derozan. A 6'6" SG who is about to turn 36 years old is averaging three times as many blocks per 36 minutes (1.0 vs. 0.3) as DeRozan, a 6'6" SG who is only 23 years old and supposedly has "great athleticism".
StatsMan99
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
Top

Post#54 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 am by StatsMan99

In fact, here are Demar Derozan's season stats per 36 minutes vs. Vince Carter's, a 15th year player who is about to turn 36 years old, and is near the tail end of his career. Plus he (VC) is only making a little over $3 million per year, while DD is about to make nearly $10 million.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... 2ab95d.png

Edit: it won't let me post a photo because I'm too new. Can someone else post this photo please
StatsMan99
Junior
Posts: 353
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
Top

Post#55 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 am by Chaos Engine

Unfortunately he is. The new Bargnani folks, with his legions on fanboys to defend him!
Image
Image
Chaos Engine
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,717
And1: 1,192
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Top

Post#56 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am by GREY 1769

StatsMan99 wrote:In fact, here are Demar Derozan's season stats per 36 minutes vs. Vince Carter's, a 15th year player who is about to turn 36 years old, and is near the tail end of his career. Plus he (VC) is only making a little over $3 million per year, while DD is about to make nearly $10 million.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... 2ab95d.png

Edit: it won't let me post a photo because I'm too new. Can someone else post this photo please

While I don't disagree with your point, these #'s say as much about VC in a positive way as they do about DD in a negative way. Not a huge VC fan but man good for him.

DD is presented as part of the core and gets the requisite minutes for that shiny new contract.
ImageImage
GREY 1769


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,142
And1: 2,452
Joined: Mar 16, 2010
Top

Post#57 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am by Scase

GREY 1769 wrote:
StatsMan99 wrote:In fact, here are Demar Derozan's season stats per 36 minutes vs. Vince Carter's, a 15th year player who is about to turn 36 years old, and is near the tail end of his career. Plus he (VC) is only making a little over $3 million per year, while DD is about to make nearly $10 million.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... 2ab95d.png

Edit: it won't let me post a photo because I'm too new. Can someone else post this photo please

While I don't disagree with your point, these #'s say as much about VC in a positive way as they do about DD in a negative way. Not a huge VC fan but man good for him.

DD is presented as part of the core and gets the requisite minutes for that shiny new contract.

Which is a depressing viscous circle. He's "core" so he get's signed to a ridiculous contract to lock him up, and then gets force fed ridiculous amounts of minutes to justify the contract.

Makes my head spin. God I hate BC and want him fired.
Image
Props TZ!
(1 of 10)
Scase




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,591
And1: 1,453
Joined: Feb 2, 2009
Location: Ottawa by way of MTL
Top

Post#58 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 am by preacher

It's "a part" not "apart"
preacher


Freshman
Posts: 83
And1: 16
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Top

Post#59 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 am by kwamebargnani

mirrornick wrote:23

4th year in the league. He's been getting undeserving 35 mins of playing time for the past three years, and still hasn't shown more than what an average bench player can do.
kwamebargnani



General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,471
And1: 942
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#60 Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 am by Laowai

For all the crao heaped on Bargs the reality the defense hasn't improved especial points in the paint and both Amir and Davis are better defensively.

Why?
The obvious is DD and Jose are so bad that a cripple or a blind man can beat them.
That allows easy penetration which any big has a problem stopping.

Before the season I stated that I would be happy DD getting 14 to 15pts. but play good defense, rebound and get a few assists. He will never have handles or a 3 pt. shot.
Canadian in China
Laowai
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 25
Joined: Jun 8, 2010
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: _Choco_, IRS, JWiLL02, killerbs, Raps_Swingman, raptoradical, RaptorHusky, ReggieSlater, Shimso, Smitch, sosallycanwait, StatLine, stranger, YoungD23, ®ated