ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: "Disrespected" Scalabrine Challenges Fans to 1-on-1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Re: OT: "Disrespected" Scalabrine Challenges Fans to 1-on-1 

Post#61 » by carl_english » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

vergogna wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw[/youtube]

LOL HE GOT PUNKED
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#62 » by tracey_nice » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm

fatal9 wrote:When I was a junior in high school I played against Stacey Dales (WNBA player), and she pretty much owned our entire team filled with guys who were bigger. We were actually pretty good, but her jumper was automatic, after you missed a shot, you weren't going to see the ball again. LOL @ guys in this thread who think they could take on Jose, not only would he score on you 10 times in a row with ease, he'd shut you down too. He's a bad defender when he's facing elite NBA athletes, but he still has better size and defensive fundamentals than your typical good streetballer.

i agree that jose would smash any regular person but wnba sucks. you should be ashamed of yourself.
Gibby
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#63 » by Gibby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 pm

lol @ the guy who thinks some realgm bros could take Jose 1 on 1. Jose wouldn't do great against actual legit basketball talent 1 on 1, but the dude is like 6'3, has amazing shooting, his quicks/ups are out of this world compared to your average B-Baller, etc. I have to assume this guys joking
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#64 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm

vergogna wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw[/youtube]

Wow nostalgic video. I used to be on streekball.co.uk all throughout hs... they had awesome videos.

Stuart Tanner was sick. Streetball legend out there.
fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Post#65 » by fatal9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

tracey_nice wrote:
fatal9 wrote:When I was a junior in high school I played against Stacey Dales (WNBA player), and she pretty much owned our entire team filled with guys who were bigger. We were actually pretty good, but her jumper was automatic, after you missed a shot, you weren't going to see the ball again. LOL @ guys in this thread who think they could take on Jose, not only would he score on you 10 times in a row with ease, he'd shut you down too. He's a bad defender when he's facing elite NBA athletes, but he still has better size and defensive fundamentals than your typical good streetballer.

i agree that jose would smash any regular person but wnba sucks. you should be ashamed of yourself.

lol, I was like 16. You say this now, but it's a different story when someone can drop 15-20 foot jumpers like they are layups. A good WNBA player would run your local gym based on shooting ability alone.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqcLQTEDZw[/youtube]
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#66 » by PRESTIGE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

I know plenty of guys that are bigger and more athletic than Jose, but no way would they be able to beat him 1 on 1. He would destroy them with skill easily. He's already one of the best shooters in the league being contested by NBA caliber defenders. Now think about how easy it would be for him to do it against average joes. These guys do it for a job.

But I would be really interested in knowing how the average joe would fare against a WNBA player. I would say the more exceptional players would take the average joe easily, but I really think many of the average players would play evenly with a modestly skilled guy.
fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Post#67 » by fatal9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I do wonder about some NBA players in the 50s though...

morci
Junior
And1: 5

Post#68 » by morci » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

DonkeyPunch wrote:A good friend of mine played against Robert Sarcre in High School, and this guy, who can do nothing but block shots in the NBA, DOMINATED the game in every facet.

Sacre looks like a nice prospect to me. If he is allowed to develop (which is far from guaranteed since he's a late second rounder) he has a place in the league.
Otherwise he'll go to Europe (where they look for actual talent and not for your draft position), will improve and get back in the NBA where is 30 and people will wonder how they missed a decent player.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#69 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 am

Sojourn wrote:if u had good lateral quicks, taller than caledron and stronger- you could contest his jump shots and post him up on every possession which he wouldnt be able to stop. again to reiterate, i'm not downplaying his skills as a nba player but he lacks the qualities to be a good one on one player.

If someone or you have these qualities then you wouldn't be working a slave 9-5er job bud and playing amateur ball runs @ the local Y, your ass would be in some NBA/euroleague bench somewhere earning millions of dollars, now get'outta here with that bullsh@%.

Return to Toronto Raptors