ImageImageImageImageImage

At what point does DD's defense become a serious concern?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Re: At what point does DD's defense become a serious concern 

Post#241 » by Danchan » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:34 am

True_Shooting wrote:lolz. Remember when Dime Magazine wrote an article saying DD would be better than Vince? Vince could play to 40 years old and he'd still be better than DD is now.

I would hate DD less if he quit talking about how he's going to go "HAM" every year. This year he thinks we'd be championship contenders by 2017.
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#242 » by BIG match » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:39 am

slow reaction time and very bad lateral quickness. not a good combination
BIG match
Banned User

Post#243 » by BIG match » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:43 am

I have a theory that the second any player starts making double digit millions it immediately changes them in a bad way. Derozan seems to be suffering from ego inflation
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,525

Post#244 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:45 am

BIG match wrote:I have a theory that the second any player starts making double digit millions it immediately changes them in a bad way. Derozan seems to be suffering from ego inflation

Well he had his best season this year

It's just 2011-2012 was unbelievably far away from a 9.5 mil/yr player. He played at like a 2-3 mil/yr level last year. Well done BC.
BIG match
Banned User

Post#245 » by BIG match » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:51 am

BC has pretty much become the GM that is garaunteed to pay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he has to. Players must love this guy. As a matter of fact this is probably his game plan. Since he cant really attract players through other sources just be widely known as the guy that will give you your payday. Once again BC, you never cease to amaze me
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#246 » by Throwback24 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:54 am

BIG match wrote:slow reaction time and very bad lateral quickness. not a good combination

He's just a very flat footed and immobile player. He even looks slow when he makes straight line drives to the rim which astounds me.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Phalosopher
Junior
And1: 11

Post#247 » by Phalosopher » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:55 am

Always remember why someonr like BC overpays.....IT IS NOT THEIR DAMN MONEY..lol
Danchan
Banned User

Post#248 » by Danchan » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:56 am

Toronto, vacation house for the nba. Players forced to come here and "do the time" are awarded for taking 1 for the team
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,525

Post#249 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 2, 2013 1:58 am

Honestly, I'd take AA over him because his 3pt shooting at least spaces the floor a bit... plus I think AA is the better defender because he's a more instinctually sound player.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#250 » by Spacing » Tue Apr 2, 2013 2:13 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Honestly, I'd take AA over him because his 3pt shooting at least spaces the floor a bit... plus I think AA is the better defender because he's a more instinctually sound player.

He's perceived as a better defender just because DD is that bad. AA is not an upgrade by an means.
True_Shooting
Banned User
And1: 60

Post#251 » by True_Shooting » Tue Apr 2, 2013 3:05 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
BIG match wrote:I have a theory that the second any player starts making double digit millions it immediately changes them in a bad way. Derozan seems to be suffering from ego inflation

Well he had his best season this year

It's just 2011-2012 was unbelievably far away from a 9.5 mil/yr player. He played at like a 2-3 mil/yr level last year. Well done BC.

No, he was better two years ago than this year. Better advanced stats. Most of his stats per 36 minutes were better two years ago as well. There cannot be an objective argument that he's been better this year than he was in 10-11.
Throwback24
RealGM

Post#252 » by Throwback24 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:39 am

Please don't lock the thread mods. This thread is still relevant and Demars defense is still putrid and costing us games.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#253 » by sanity » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 am

Eric Koreen should be fired for that article he wrote
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#254 » by Boogie! » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 am

defense? so far, his offense by comparison is making him look like an average defender.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Throwback24
RealGM

Post#255 » by Throwback24 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:45 am

sanity wrote:Eric Koreen should be fired for that article he wrote

There are realgm posters who hold more weight in the Toronto sporting arena than some of the people that write about our teams.
Danchan
Banned User

Post#256 » by Danchan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 am

mirrornick wrote:
Danchan wrote:
mirrornick wrote:He's not as bad as you make it seem to be. Watch any other SG's. They can almost never stay infront of their men. It's how it is. It's hard to stay in front of anybody in this league.

and yet Derozan has trouble blowing by people on offense.

lol , you're very delusional if you believe that.

Tonight i saw a real SG in harden who blew by our defenders at every possession. Then we have Derozan who catches the ball and passes it right back without a dribble in OT.
I restate: derozan have trouble blowing by anyone unless he catches them completely out of position.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#257 » by Patman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 am

It only becomes a concern if he somehow does NOT actually turn into a James Harden.

So, basically, I'm not worried. 8-)
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#258 » by Death Knight » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:16 am

Reignman wrote:
Death Knight wrote:
Reignman wrote:
Smart move not getting into this debate and just spewing nonsense from the sidelines. Glad you've learned over the years.

The only thing I've learned is that nothing will get through the heads of fanboys like you. Especially the ones who think their basketball knowledge is superior to the rest, when it's not. I'd get a better argument talking to me knees.

You just keep riding that DeRozan bus and watch DeRozan in his 5th, 6th, 7th, etc....season amount to nothing of significance.

That's good DK, keep it generic and continue avoiding getting into this debate, seems you truly have learned.

I'm loving that the biggest argument you made in this thread is "You just keep riding that DeRozan bus and watch DeRozan in his 5th, 6th, 7th, etc....season amount to nothing of significance" Derp derp.

Jokes.

Seems like I participated in this thread.

When it comes to wing players, it should only take 2-3 seasons to evaluate them. You wait any longer to make a decision, you're asking for trouble.

Bigs take longer to develop, but not wing players. 5th season for DeRozan already. There's no need to hold out for 6th, 7th, etc...
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#259 » by Illuminati_ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:43 am

It's a big concern and it forced Casey to try to hide him with Ross taking his assignments. That than lead to easy buckets by parsons...

Right now his role on O is by far a bigger concern.
T-D0G
Senior
And1: 389

Post#260 » by T-D0G » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 am

Illuminati_ wrote:It's a big concern and it forced Casey to try to hide him with Ross taking his assignments. That than lead to easy buckets by parsons...

Right now his role on O is by far a bigger concern.

His whole game is a concern. He has taken Bargnani's role as the most useless player on the floor.

Return to Toronto Raptors