ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Hope Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kibago
Rookie
And1: 491

Re: Playoff Hope Thread 

Post#561 » by Kibago » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:57 am

DHK wrote:
Sherman Douglas wrote:As a Bucks fan I'm just wondering...why do you guys want the 8th seed so bad? Are you that excited about a sweep against Miami? I'm not. I hope you guys get the 8th seed.

We dont have a pick this year, we reap no benefits.
We also havent been to the playoffs in 5 seasons, and desperate for post-season action.
Also, with the Rudy Gay trade we have a very small time window for us to get it done..this and the next 2 seasons.
Also, playoffs will be invaluable for guys who havent tasted it..which is our entire core minus Gay and Lowry.

Truthfully, I'm fine if the Raptors just barely misses out. The stronger record we have = worse record for OKC = the Lowry trade doesnt look as bad anymore but as a Raptors fan, I want them to make it.

This, except you can add 'probably wouldn't be a sweep' to it. NBA sweeps without dysfunction or injury as a factor are pretty rare, and we can match up ok with Gay for LeBron. I'd expect five games, most of which would be entertaining.
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#562 » by Mikestro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:As a Bucks fan I'm just wondering...why do you guys want the 8th seed so bad? Are you that excited about a sweep against Miami? I'm not. I hope you guys get the 8th seed.

We have no draft pick this year, so there's no point in us losing. Playoff experience is invaluable for a young team like ours even if we do get swept.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#563 » by witnessraps » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am

Bankai wrote:Miami Heat is going to sweep the Raptors if they make the playoffs as 8th seed, no doubt.
But if New York magically got the 1st seed (cause I dont think the Raptors will get 7th) and faced the Knicks, then honestly, I like our chances at pulling off the upset.

indiana is already the second seed. Knicks are only 2 games ahead of 6th place...and no one is catching Miami.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#564 » by DHK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 am

Bankai wrote:Miami Heat is going to sweep the Raptors if they make the playoffs as 8th seed, no doubt.
But if New York magically got the 1st seed (cause I dont think the Raptors will get 7th) and faced the Knicks, then honestly, I like our chances at pulling off the upset. History dictates we always play them well.

Havent you seen the General NBA thread on the likely outcome of the Miami vs Toronto series?
Raps in 4.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#565 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 am

aside from making the playoffs and getting experience for our young players, we keep our pick this year if we make the playoffs (pretty much the only way we can improve our talent level outside of trades and internal development), and it improves our chances at retaining Gay and Lowry longterm.

Basically it doesn't hurt us to try and make the playoffs this season - if we make it, we keep our pick and improve heading into next season, if we don't, we convey the most favourable pick possible from our POV.
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#566 » by RINSE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

Whats with the douchey comment lol? We love our team, that's why.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#567 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

Epic comeback after starting 4-17. Shows team is moving in the right direction. Plus, we get to keep our draft pick if we make playoffs.
overdose
Analyst
And1: 1,506

Post#568 » by overdose » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

4 games back.

Those 2 games vs the Bucks are going to be HUGE!!!
SkywalkerAC
RealGM

Post#569 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:03 am

4 games back baby.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#570 » by Sherman Douglas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah I forgot about the draft pick thing.
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#571 » by Yoga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:03 am

DHK wrote:
But if New York magically got the 1st seed (cause I dont think the Raptors will get 7th) and faced the Knicks, then honestly, I like our chances at pulling off the upset. History dictates we always play them well.

Havent you seen the General NBA thread on the likely outcome of the Miami vs Toronto series?
Raps in 4.

Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#572 » by Sherman Douglas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:03 am

RINSE wrote:

Whats with the douchey comment lol? We love our team, that's why.

I don't think it was a douchey comment.
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#573 » by thunderforce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 am

If we do make the playoffs then not only do we get invaluable experience but we also get to keep our first round pick . If we don't make the playoffs we loose our first round pick so you can see why we want to win .
Ramako
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#574 » by Ramako » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 am

Mikestro wrote:

We have no draft pick this year, so there's no point in us losing. Playoff experience is invaluable for a young team like ours even if we do get swept.

We'll have a draft pick this year if we make the playoffs.
Ricchhard
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#575 » by Ricchhard » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 am

Our boys really need the experience from playoffs this season, even if it's in 4.
RaptorLakerJay
Senior
And1: 271

Post#576 » by RaptorLakerJay » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 am

Wow, Raptors have some very crucial games. And those two games against the Bucks will definitely be huge!
Snowcrash
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#577 » by Snowcrash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 am

The playoff experience will accelerate the development of players like Aaron Gray and Alan Anderson.
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#578 » by Mikestro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 am

Ramako wrote:
Mikestro wrote:

We'll have a draft pick this year if we make the playoffs.

Oops, yeah totally forgot about that. Thanks for clarifying.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned about us beating the Bucks. They play very well together and have a more talented roster.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#579 » by DHK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 am

Yoga wrote:
DHK wrote:

Raps in 4.

Raps in 4

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1235613&start=135
SkywalkerAC
RealGM

Post#580 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 am

Pretty glad I didn't put $500 on Raps making playoffs like I was going to but boy would I be losing my **** at this point.

Return to Toronto Raptors