ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situation)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Re: Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situati 

Post#61 » by DHK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

I can't believe people are justifying the booing that went on in the ACC.
If we want to hate on someone, do it on the forums, do it on twitter, bash the player amongst your friends or whatever, you simply do not boo your own player when he has done nothing to deserve it outside of being in a massive funk and having defiencies as a player. Guess what? Every play has a fault, including the stars.
What does boo-ing the player exactly accomplish?
You shatter the little confidence he has remaining, he's now fully aware that the fans have completely turned their backs on him with no point of return and where home court is supposed to be a place where the home team is given an advantage, an area where players flourish more than they usually do; you're creating the opposite effect on the said player.

Grow up people. You are entitled to "boo" with the whole freedom of speech b/s, but it's classless and childish.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,474

Post#62 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

Does anyone follow Frank Isola on twitter? An opposing team's journalist is calling out Bargnani on his lack of effort. Think about that.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#63 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Actually no, come here after a loss or days after and look at the numerous threads made about players who had a bad game. I'm using today's game thread as ONE example.

I come here often. So your point is look at the numerous negative threads that clutter this place, we should have ones complaining about said threads?

You know how many threads ive made apart from the Papers in the last id say year or so? maybe 2 both of which posting articles. the reason this place is unreadable is because every single minutiae is extrapolated to death on this board, and rather then confining it to one thread like every single forum on the internet, this one prefers 80 4-5 page threads, repeating over and over again. And worse the mods actively participate, and in the case of DG88 (whos a good guy), thanks the man because he believes the same narrative.

Am I the only one who doesnt really care what anyone thinks? I appreciate the differing perspectives, and esp when people add insight into things, but I could care less if someone agrees with me or not. Again this isnt facebook, just find a thread, specifically the game thread in this instance and put it there. Ill be wrong alot over time, and I accept that, I dont actively root against the Raptors, and hope to see them win. Having said that, everyone is entitled to agree, disagree, whatever. The issue is cluttering the forum not negative/positive outlooks.

But the reason you didnt, and why most wont is because they feel their opinion is that important it deserves its own thread. It doesnt, and that in essence was my point. Anyways I dont want to single you out, as I post this same diatribe in many threads, but take care.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#64 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

DG88 wrote:Bargs didn't deserve the boos today that's for sure. I rag on Bargs a lot and there are times where he deserves the boo birds but not tonight. This board has been bipolar since I got here and I doubt it's going to change with all the cynicism on this board. Humans in general are irrational especially when it comes to having emotional ties to something. Thank you for the post Rapsobsessed7 at least I know you're one of the few rational posters on this board.

It'd be bipolar to cheer for the guy one game, then boo him the next. The booing is a 7 year culmination of awful play, no interest, lazy, lack of conditioning, lack of effort etc etc. People shouldn't stop booing him so he can be traded, he needs to be traded because he's being booed and deservedly so.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#65 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

bigbadstevenson wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:... Hes on our team and he needs to play well so everyone gets their wish, cool it on the booing.

The game thread is a prime example, its literally unreadable at this point. Its not all posters either, theres some good ones left but theres some who just need to stop overreacting after every little thing.

Peace.

Is Bargnani reading this message board? How is the game thread a "prime example" of booing that will negatively affect his confidence?

Go read the game thread. I used that example to portray the flip flop of opinions in posts. One minute you'll see Derozan is garbage, wait 10 minutes and everyone's in love. That example wasn't directed at Bargnani
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Post#66 » by Camboflage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 am

I love our fans, that atmosphere though.

Suck it up, you got drafted number 1 and make millions, the least you can do is try a bit on a childs game, amongst other men.

I'm booing next time i go.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#67 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
bigbadstevenson wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:... Hes on our team and he needs to play well so everyone gets their wish, cool it on the booing.

The game thread is a prime example, its literally unreadable at this point. Its not all posters either, theres some good ones left but theres some who just need to stop overreacting after every little thing.

Peace.

Is Bargnani reading this message board? How is the game thread a "prime example" of booing that will negatively affect his confidence?

Go read the game thread. I used that example to portray the flip flop of opinions in posts. One minute you'll see Derozan is garbage, wait 10 minutes and everyone's in love. That example wasn't directed at Bargnani

It could just be that we simply have polarizing players who are maddeningly inconsistent with their games, hence the extreme swings you get from the fans here.

Just a thought RE: the flip-flopping.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,474

Post#68 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 am

Raps Maniac wrote:
Noone cares about Bargnani. The fact is we, as fans should care, for the future of this team. And by booing him, like Rapsobsessed7 said, is only making it harder on him to perform, just shut your mouths, let him raise his value by putting up some freaking points. Fans of most other teams overhype their scrubs, we're booing our own players, who are still ON THIS team. No wonder BC couldn't trade him. He never said anything bad about the city, or demand a trade like Carter or Bosh, so I dont understand this? Plus, its not like he's a douche like Hedo, he doesn't have problems with coaches, and has never really shown bad character. Let BC trade him and get something of value back for him in the summer, then we can boo him all we want.

Other team's fans would have booed him a long time ago.
Tortiglioni
Starter
And1: 3,945

Post#69 » by Tortiglioni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

Bargnani essentially provides zero value to the team on the court. So please stop with the "we need Bargnani" garbage. Keep booing, folks.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#70 » by Beardman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

I don't care for a millionaire being booed. Put the ball in the net and the booing will stop.

Cry me a river, all of you.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#71 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

Duffman100 wrote:Does anyone follow Frank Isola on twitter? An opposing team's journalist is calling out Bargnani on his lack of effort. Think about that.

The defending of Barfs has always been mind boggling. I mean there is NOTHING redeeming about this guy. No effort, no emotion, on and off the court, a dull personality.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#72 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 am

Freeze DeRozan & Gay out of the offense and let's see how much they contribute. Bargnani is a more efficient scorer than both of them.
Major Giz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,308

Post#73 » by Major Giz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 am

JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#74 » by JYD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 am

Duffman100 wrote:Does anyone follow Frank Isola on twitter? An opposing team's journalist is calling out Bargnani on his lack of effort. Think about that.

I would recommend people focus on Bargs when they watch the game, and they'll see why he gets booed. This isn't about missing shots...he doesn't even fight for boards, doesn't even look ready to catch a pass or do anything with it when he gets the ball..even on offense he puts himself in the post and doesn't even bother to push back on Chandler to get position..1 second of effort and he jogs back out.

I think it was 2 games ago he did the flakiest thing I've seen yet. There was an open Wiz player at the 3 pt line..like wide open with no chance for anyone to close. All Bargs had to do was turn his back and try to box out for the board. Do you know what he did?

As the player took the open 3, Bargs started jogging lightly towards him..not even trying to contest..just towards him taking himself out of rebounding position. Then of course, a Wiz player jumped in and grabbed the miss, right where Bargs was standing.

He doesn't try, period. If getting booed from not giving effort hurts this dainty thing even more, better off to send him home so he can roll in his tens of millions of dollars. Play Acy and Fields and Gay and Gray more up front. Enough of this coddling shiat, it's gone on way too long for this guy.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#75 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 am

DHK wrote:I can't believe people are justifying the booing that went on in the ACC.
If we want to hate on someone, do it on the forums, do it on twitter, bash the player amongst your friends or whatever, you simply do not boo your own player when he has done nothing to deserve it outside of being in a massive funk and having defiencies as a player.

The whole point in the OP was we shouldnt be allowed to on the forums.

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:this board is literally becoming unreadable from what it used to be.

As for booing, a team/player/whatever, its all subjective, some think its justified, some think its classless(?). Who cares, the fact that there was so much emotion and atmosphere in the ACC, lets focus on the positive? Great crowd tonight, apart from the booing (if that offended anyone).
T dot
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#76 » by T dot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 am

It gives me hope to see there are fans still out there that support the Boos, and want this team to improve. Those of you who are against Booing and wanting change, please do us all a favor, don't support this team, you are ruining this team like BC. This team doesn't need support, it has MLSE running it (one of the richest organizations in sports), what this team needs is a PUSH and to be called out on its disgusting management and lazy players and hope a change comes eventually.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#77 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Actually no, come here after a loss or days after and look at the numerous threads made about players who had a bad game. I'm using today's game thread as ONE example.

I come here often. So your point is look at the numerous negative threads that clutter this place, we should have ones complaining about said threads?

You know how many threads ive made apart from the Papers in the last id say year or so? maybe 2 both of which posting articles. the reason this place is unreadable is because every single minutiae is extrapolated to death on this board, and rather then confining it to one thread like every single forum on the internet, this one prefers 80 4-5 page threads, repeating over and over again. And worse the mods actively participate, and in the case of DG88 (whos a good guy), thanks the man because he believes the same narrative.

Am I the only one who doesnt really care what anyone thinks? I appreciate the differing perspectives, and esp when people add insight into things, but I could care less if someone agrees with me or not. Again this isnt facebook, just find a thread, specifically the game thread in this instance and put it there. Ill be wrong alot over time, and I accept that, I dont actively root against the Raptors, and hope to see them win. Having said that, everyone is entitled to agree, disagree, whatever. The issue is cluttering the forum not negative/positive outlooks.

But the reason you didnt, and why most wont is because they feel their opinion is that important it deserves its own thread. It doesnt, and that in essence was my point. Anyways I dont want to single you out, as I post this same diatribe in many threads, but take care.

Look I don't give a **** what people think of me or if they agree with me or not. I don't feel my opinion is important this is a basketball forum where I could care less if people enjoy my posts or not. As a forum what do you expect to see? A bunch of articles? It's for posting opinions.

What do you think a "forum" is? This topic is relevant to the Raptors, he was booed every time he entered the game or touch the ball. That's my problem. Hate the guy, I don't care. He didn't derserve the booing today and do I expect my opinion to change anything? No. I would hope some realize to give the guy a break but hey do what you want.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#78 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

T dot wrote:It gives me hope to see there are fans still out there that support the Boos, and want this team to improve. Those of you who are against Booing and wanting change, please do us all a favor, don't support this team, you are ruining this team like BC. This team doesn't need support, it has MLSE running it (one of the richest organizations in sports), what this team needs is a PUSH and to be called out on its disgusting management and lazy players and hope a change comes eventually.

Just shut up already that is the stupidest thing I've ever read
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#79 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

T dot wrote:It gives me hope to see there are fans still out there that support the Boos, and want this team to improve. Those of you who are against Booing and wanting change, please do us all a favor, don't support this team, you are ruining this team like BC. This team doesn't need support, it has MLSE running it (one of the richest organizations in sports), what this team needs is a PUSH and to be called out on its disgusting management and lazy players and hope a change comes eventually.

That's sheer, unmitigated crap.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#80 » by DHK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
DHK wrote:I can't believe people are justifying the booing that went on in the ACC.
If we want to hate on someone, do it on the forums, do it on twitter, bash the player amongst your friends or whatever, you simply do not boo your own player when he has done nothing to deserve it outside of being in a massive funk and having defiencies as a player.

The whole point in the OP was we shouldnt be allowed to on the forums.

I was addressing the second point about the boo-ing at the ACC itself.
I could care less if there's hundreds of posts bashing the a player on RealGM.
It's simply childish to wish for misfortune for a player on your team.

Return to Toronto Raptors