ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situation)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Re: Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situati 

Post#81 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 am

T dot wrote:It gives me hope to see there are fans still out there that support the Boos, and want this team to improve. Those of you who are against Booing and wanting change, please do us all a favor, don't support this team, you are ruining this team like BC. This team doesn't need support, it has MLSE running it (one of the richest organizations in sports), what this team needs is a PUSH and to be called out on its disgusting management and lazy players and hope a change comes eventually.

Yes. You will change a corporate monopolys practices that way. Thats the spirit! :roll:
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#82 » by DHK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 am

T dot wrote:It gives me hope to see there are fans still out there that support the Boos, and want this team to improve. Those of you who are against Booing and wanting change, please do us all a favor, don't support this team, you are ruining this team like BC. This team doesn't need support, it has MLSE running it (one of the richest organizations in sports), what this team needs is a PUSH and to be called out on its disgusting management and lazy players and hope a change comes eventually.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
actually..I'm baffled and amazed at how much stupidity resides in this post.
Well done, sir.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#83 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 am

Amen.... BC and Barfs fanbois be damned!!!
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#84 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
DHK wrote:I can't believe people are justifying the booing that went on in the ACC.
If we want to hate on someone, do it on the forums, do it on twitter, bash the player amongst your friends or whatever, you simply do not boo your own player when he has done nothing to deserve it outside of being in a massive funk and having defiencies as a player.

The whole point in the OP was we shouldnt be allowed to on the forums.

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:this board is literally becoming unreadable from what it used to be.

The game thread is a prime example, its literally unreadable at this point. Its not all posters either, theres some good ones left but theres some who just need to stop overreacting after every little thing.

As for booing, a team/player/whatever, its all subjective, some think its justified, some think its classless(?). Who cares, the fact that there was so much emotion and atmosphere in the ACC, lets focus on the positive? Great crowd tonight, apart from the booing (if that offended anyone).

When the **** did I say anyone isn't allowed on the forum. I said the overreacting should stop not to disallow people from posting

I suggest the mods lock this because its going to get ugly.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#85 » by JYD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 am

Can someone explain the logic for not booing a player who doesn't try? Surely nobody is arguing Bargnani is giving effort..I would love to hear this one.

Not booing him will make him try harder?
Not booing him will give him trade value?
T dot
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#86 » by T dot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Just shut up already that is the stupidest thing I've ever read

And what is so stupid? Wanting this team to improve?
SirBounceAlot
Banned User
And1: 42

Post#87 » by SirBounceAlot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Holy crap shut up vvv. Rapsobessesed is right that this place has become unreadable beacuse it's ALL whinning.
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#88 » by Raps Maniac » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Noone cares about Bargnani. The fact is we, as fans should care, for the future of this team. And by booing him, like Rapsobsessed7 said, is only making it harder on him to perform, just shut your mouths, let him raise his value by putting up some freaking points. Fans of most other teams overhype their scrubs, we're booing our own players, who are still ON THIS team. No wonder BC couldn't trade him. He never said anything bad about the city, or demand a trade like Carter or Bosh, so I dont understand this? Plus, its not like he's a douche like Hedo, he doesn't have problems with coaches, and has never really shown bad character. Let BC trade him and get something of value back for him in the summer, then we can boo him all we want.

Other team's fans would have booed him a long time ago.

And you know that... how?
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#89 » by Black Milk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 am

Wham! wrote:Can someone explain the logic for not booing a player who doesn't try? Surely nobody is arguing Bargnani is giving effort..I would love to hear this one.

Exactly, we've tried the not booing him approach for 7 years and it hasn't paid off. I think the fan's are justified in trying something new at this point.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#90 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Look I don't give a **** what people think of me or if they agree with me or not. I don't feel my opinion is important this is a basketball forum where I could care less if people enjoy my posts or not. As a forum what do you expect to see? A bunch of articles? It's for posting opinions.

What do you think a "forum" is? This topic is relevant to the Raptors, he was booed every time he entered the game or touch the ball. That's my problem. Hate the guy, I don't care. He didn't derserve the booing today and do I expect my opinion to change anything? No. I would hope some realize to give the guy a break but hey do what you want.

Im glad you asked, this a great forum for the Leafs. Have a look at how many threads are repeated, and how big their threads are.

Check out one of my personal favs 2+2. Daniel Negreanu who im sure is probably the most famous poker player in Canada? was reprimanded for spamming and complained about too here. I read a thread daily in the NVG subforum thats at 155 pages deep.

SoSH is a great baseball/RedSox forum, Do you see alot of repeating threads?. Try Dawgsaloon, if you can get past the racism.

I could go on doing this for awhile, but I think you get the point. If everyone thought like you, that every single thought you have should be a new thread, based on some posters in a game thread, this place would be unreadable as you mentioned in the OP. The issue isnt booing Bargnani, thats the narrative, the issue is redundancy of threads and in particular, using the game thread to perpetuate a narrative you could have easily just put in, surprise, the game thread.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#91 » by MEDIC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

Agreed. It is super pathetic & petty for our fans to be booing any of our players....especially while we are winning & fighting for a playoff spot. At this point who gives a sh*t about Bargnani. The team is playing well.

It's like the fans are focusing on such small meaningless things & forgetting the big picture. Can you imagine what some of the players think of the Toronto fans when fans boo the guy? He's still their teammate.

It's gotten to the point where fans don't even know why they are booing. They are just doing it to be a-holes.

Time for the fans at the ACC to put their big boy pants on, forget the past & support this team in their playoff fight.

They are like a bunch of jaded ex-girlfriends that can't forget the past & move on....

Pathetic.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
T dot
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#92 » by T dot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am

Wham! wrote:Can someone explain the logic for not booing a player who doesn't try? Surely nobody is arguing Bargnani is giving effort..I would love to hear this one.

Exactly, i wanna hear this one too!
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#93 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am

Duffman100 wrote:Does anyone follow Frank Isola on twitter? An opposing team's journalist is calling out Bargnani on his lack of effort. Think about that.

Here's a few from tonight:

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

You know how the great players make it look as if they're not even trying?. Well, Bargnani ain't great and he's also not trying.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Bargnani, as Marv Albert would say, "is hearing it from the crowd." At this rate, he'll sign a 10-day contract with Olimpia Milano next year

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

The Raptors have some hard playing dudes on their team...with the exception of you know who
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#94 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 am

Can we all agree that Andrea pretty much has to go this offseason? I mean, I can't stand this bullcrap anymore. At least, we wouldn't have to hear our own team booed anymore.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,635

Post#95 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 am

Lazy a$$ players that don't give a s*** should be booed all the time. Maybe Bargnani will learn his lesson for the next team he's on.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#96 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 am

SirBounceAlot wrote:Holy crap shut up vvv. Rapsobessesed is right that this place has become unreadable beacuse it's ALL whinning.

Okay ill shut up, clearly whining about people whining is okay, but whining about players not okay. Take care guys.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#97 » by JYD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 am

Raps Maniac wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Other team's fans would have booed him a long time ago.

And you know that... how?

Probably because historically we've seen how fans like NY fans treat players who don't perform well. Yeah they will boo guys who don't perform well..even if they're trying. Bargs doesn't try at all.

I would say in the past Bargs has had a certain level of effort that was not great..but not boo-worthy..and maybe his lack of performance was a lot more related to lack of ability.

But now, he's completely dialed out and he looks like he's got next to zero interest to giving an effort. He looks like he wants to get out of it by getting sent home..I'd be happy to oblige and amnesty him, personally.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#98 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 am

It's not Bargs fault he was picked first overall

It's not Bargs fault the Raptors tried to turn a jump shooter into a centre.

It's not Bargs fault Colangelo told coaches not to lean on him like they would a Bosh, or an Amir, or an Ed Davis.

Colangelo damaged this player.

The fans sent a message tonight. That's fine, but if we want Bargs to help us win one or two games going forward, it is time to give him some support.

Continued booing will result in him dissolving into nothing. You think Carter tanked his value? Bargs will have negative value if the fans continue with their booing strategy.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#99 » by Black Milk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:38 am

MEDIC wrote:Agreed. It is super pathetic & petty for our fans to be booing any of our players....especially while we are winning & fighting for a playoff spot. At this point who gives a sh*t about Bargnani. The team is playing well.

It's like the fans are focusing on such small meaningless things & forgetting the big picture. Can you imagine what some of the players think of the Toronto fans when fans boo the guy? He's still their teammate.

It's gotten to the point where fans don't even know why they are booing. They are just doing it to be a-holes.

Time for the fans at the ACC to put their big boy pants on, forget the past & support this team in their playoff fight.

They are like a bunch of jaded ex-girlfriends that can't forget the past & move on....

Pathetic.

Your point is valid for booing former players like VC and Bosh but not for current player who are overpaid, under-performing and not giving 1/1000th the effort fellow team-mates like Amir Johnson
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#100 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
SirBounceAlot wrote:Holy crap shut up vvv. Rapsobessesed is right that this place has become unreadable beacuse it's ALL whinning.

Okay ill shut up, clearly whining about people whining is okay, but whining about players not okay. Take care guys.

I'm not whining, nice try though. Anyways take care! I suggest you PM Howard Mass on how Real GM should run.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks

Return to Toronto Raptors