ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situation)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Re: Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situati 

Post#161 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:That's called being proactive! Now they are a much better team because of it. The Raps are still hot garbage, and the only thing they have to show for it is mushy primo pasta and watery tasteless primo sauce!

Raptors are 7-3 since they traded for Gay. Does this factor into your analysis of the team? Nope, bitching about pasta is way more logical. No reason to be happy about our current squad, the same squad that Bargnani hardly plays in and has beaten the knicks twice already. Time to boo Bargnani was years ago, now he has no impact on the team so if a fan boos him it just makes them look like a giant douche. Smh giant douche fans, smdh..

Fanbois, were defending him years ago, not talking about now was the time to boo Barfs. Nah, the time for him to get booed is anytime he remains on the team. Then he can get booed when he returns to play the Raps in an exhibition game for his new Italian league team. LOL 7-3. The team is STILL 10 games under .500.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,508

Post#162 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 am

The idea that real fans don't boo their own teams players is:

Bull****.
A lie.
A complete fantasy.
Untrue.
Inaccurate.
Only stated by the ignorant and/or those who want to further an agenda.
Unintelligent.

I hope I wasn't too vague.

If you believe the above is untrue, I suggest watching sports. Learning anything about sports history. Watch Jets fans on NFL draft day in NY. Watch Yankee or Red Sox fans when their players underperform. Google terms like 'Dem Bums' or Aints fans, paper bags, Tony Romo. Etc.

Toronto is notorious for being extremely polite and reserved excepting with players who spurn us. The Raps forum is NOT noted for being overly negative, but rather, well, Raps in 4!

This idea gets repeated time and again by people who believe they have a monopoly on real fandom, and not only is that itself an ignorant, arrogant position to take, but in this case it is entirely refuted by reality/history.

It is not our job to support the players irrespective of performance. It is their job to earn our support. That's why we are the ones who pay, and they are the ones who get paid.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#163 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:That's called being proactive! Now they are a much better team because of it. The Raps are still hot garbage, and the only thing they have to show for it is mushy primo pasta and watery tasteless primo sauce!

Raptors are 7-3 since they traded for Gay. Does this factor into your analysis of the team? Nope, bitching about pasta is way more logical. No reason to be happy about our current squad, the same squad that Bargnani hardly plays in and has beaten the knicks twice already. Time to boo Bargnani was years ago, now he has no impact on the team so if a fan boos him it just makes them look like a giant douche. Smh giant douche fans, smdh..

Fanbois, were defending him years ago, not talking about now was the time to boo Barfs. Nah, the time for him to get booed is anytime he remains on the team. Then he can get booed when he returns to play the Raps in an exhibition game for his new Italian league team. LOL 7-3. The team is STILL 10 games under .500.

The team is completely different from the team that freatured Bargs and was ten games under 500. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I think you do understand, it just doesnt help your fire bc fire casey trade bargs trade everyone and tank argument, so you would actually prefer to see the raptors lose. smh Neutral 123.. smdh.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 565

Post#164 » by elmer_yuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 am

I personally wouldn't boo Bargnani, but it doesn't bother me that others boo him. He's an overpaid stiff who's been pampered and babied by the team for 7 years. He's no longer an important part of the team. The less he plays the better we do.
I would park him on the bench, and amnesty him this summer.
Hopefully he would donate a big chunk of that undeserved 20+ million to charity.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#165 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:29 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
The team is completely different from the team that freatured Bargs and was ten games under 500. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I think you do understand, it just doesnt help your fire bc fire casey trade bargs trade everyone and tank argument, so you would actually prefer to see the raptors lose. smh Neutral 123.. smdh.

What I prefer? I've had no choice but to see the team lose because of Barfs and BC. The nerve!!
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,628

Post#166 » by G R E Y » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 am

TheRaptor! wrote:This is the reason why always had a sht team, these "fans" don't deserve anything.

Completely nonsensical.

sanity wrote:His piss poor play isn't the result of the fans. However, the negativity of fans is the result of his play.

Amen. What does it accomplish? How about communicate to the world their utter displeasure at the lack of effort? (not commenting on tonight's game as I didn't watch it, but we've gotten enough of a sample size). Whatever you may think of fans booing, the powers that be better be paying attention - it is direct feedback from your paying customers who want to see better effort.

If/when Bargs just plays flat out hard on both ends consistently, fans will jeer at first (kind of like at the goalie who finally makes a save after letting in four), but then will come around.

Toronto fans LOVE hustle. A guy can go 0-7 on O but when he gets after it on D, on the boards, after loose balls, they'll cheer. Bargs very simply needs to give fans something to cheer about. Until then, he's getting an honest assessment of his effort, like it or not.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#167 » by TheRealDeal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 am

I wonder if Bargs' injury has thrown off his shot a little bit. Tearing ligaments in your right elbow can't help, that's for sure. He hasn't been able to hit anything since he got back. Those wide open threes used to be automatic.
Kabatnaz
Banned User
And1: 534

Post#168 » by Kabatnaz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 am

TheRealDeal wrote:I wonder if Bargs' injury has thrown off his shot a little bit. Tearing ligaments in your right elbow can't help, that's for sure. He hasn't been able to hit anything since he got back. Those wide open threes used to be automatic.

Have you ever worked a job where everyone hated you? Once you've checked out mentally, that's the end of it.

Guess the Caliper test was WAY off.
Deimos
Bench Warmer
And1: 68

Post#169 » by Deimos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 am

Imagine when he gets traded, and makes his return to T.O. , the fans will be cheering then forsure. ;)

On a serious note, yes fans shouldn't boo him (thats just a mean). For all we know, maybe he has tried but is a terrible player...lol.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#170 » by TorontoRapture » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 am

GREY 1769 wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:This is the reason why always had a sht team, these "fans" don't deserve anything.

Completely nonsensical.

sanity wrote:His piss poor play isn't the result of the fans. However, the negativity of fans is the result of his play.

Amen. What does it accomplish? How about communicate to the world their utter displeasure at the lack of effort? (not commenting on tonight's game as I didn't watch it, but we've gotten enough of a sample size). Whatever you may think of fans booing, the powers that be better be paying attention - it is direct feedback from your paying customers who want to see better effort.

If/when Bargs just plays flat out hard on both ends consistently, fans will jeer at first (kind of like at the goalie who finally makes a save after letting in four), but then will come around.

Toronto fans LOVE hustle. A guy can go 0-7 on O but when he gets after it on D, on the boards, after loose balls, they'll cheer. Bargs very simply needs to give fans something to cheer about. Until then, he's getting an honest assessment of his effort, like it or not.
From thousands of fans at the game. Most of whom likely have no idea what RealGM is, or care that some internet forum members think they are "fake fans" because they voiced their displeasure in front of those who can do something about it...Including Bargs.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#171 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 am

GREY 1769 wrote:

Completely nonsensical.

+1

F*ck him...he is an overgrown spoiled brat and people want us to just forgive him as we have done throughout his whole damn career. This is like a girl who keeps taking back an abusive boyfriend lol enough is enough....he hasn't done ANYTHING to warrant support. He has had and continues to have a sh*tty attitude about the whole thing and now the blame is being placed on the fans?! gtfo. It's his turn to prove himself to the fans who have supported him year after year with his sh*tty half assed efforts and entitled attitude. Either win the crowd back or stfu and hit the bench. The city has had enough of his sh*t and sh*tty attitude/effort. Bargnani is at fault, simple and plain so if it's something that needs to change it's him not the fans.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#172 » by beanbag » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:F*ck him...he is an overgrown spoiled brat and people want us to just forgive him as we have done throughout his whole damn career. This is like a girl who keeps taking back an abusive boyfriend lol enough is enough....he hasn't done ANYTHING to warrant support. He has had and continues to have a sh*tty attitude about the whole thing and now the blame is being placed on the fans?! gtfo. It's his turn to prove himself to the fans who have supported him year after year with his sh*tty half assed efforts and entitled attitude. Either win the crowd back or stfu and hit the bench. The city has had enough of his sh*t and sh*tty attitude/effort. Bargnani is at fault, simple and plain so if it's something that needs to change it's him not the fans.

I'm not complaining about the boos, just wondering what makes him a spoiled brat?
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#173 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:19 am

beanbag wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:F*ck him...he is an overgrown spoiled brat and people want us to just forgive him as we have done throughout his whole damn career. This is like a girl who keeps taking back an abusive boyfriend lol enough is enough....he hasn't done ANYTHING to warrant support. He has had and continues to have a sh*tty attitude about the whole thing and now the blame is being placed on the fans?! gtfo. It's his turn to prove himself to the fans who have supported him year after year with his sh*tty half assed efforts and entitled attitude. Either win the crowd back or stfu and hit the bench. The city has had enough of his sh*t and sh*tty attitude/effort. Bargnani is at fault, simple and plain so if it's something that needs to change it's him not the fans.

I'm not complaining about the boos, just wondering what makes him a spoiled brat?

His terrible attitude?!

This guy has never been repremended in his career. He doesn't make effort to rebound what's his response?! "It's not rebound-ball it's basketball"....he puts up terrible efforts and sent to the bench what happened?! Colangelo publicly sympathized with him and had him put back in the starting line up because he was "more effective as a starter"....Andrea has NEVER had to earn it on this team. Other than when he's gotten hot (like all streak shooters) and his "magical 13 games" over his 7 year career has he ever shown that he's going to try to put the effort up anywhere else. He acts as entitled and as spoiled of an athlete I've ever seen and NEVER does he apologize for a poor effort or bad outing.

Look at DeRozan, he is far from a great player but every fan knows the EFFORT and the ATTITUDE is there. DeMar isn't even as talented as Bargnani (yeah that's right) but he wins over fans because his heart and mind are in the right place he knows he owes more to the fans and he owes more to himself. Andrea's attitude from day 1 until now is he doesn't owe anyone anything (mr caliper test)...and sure you can get into the bullsh*t arguement of what he "owes" but reality is don't ever think the fans OWE him anything in return (their applause) if he gives them NOTHING either and his attitude is basically f*ck them which has shown year after year. He only cared about himself and now he finds himself by his self. What goes around comes around....he's not apologetic to the fans FOR YEARS (and now); they certainly don't need to be now either. F*ck Bargnani; earn it back.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#174 » by ThatClockWork » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:19 am

Neutral 123 wrote:I don't know why this is so complicated for some of you. The guy's ENTIRE CAREER he's been inconsistent, soft, and lacked effort. You might be new to watching the Raps, as he was coming off the bench for a short time and did basically the same thing. Played with even less effort, and interest than when he started. Everything that could be done with this goofball has been done. He doesn't care, it won't work. Boo him until he's gone. BC should be next. 5 bucks says this stretch of games will be BC's 13 game streak.

Yes. Let's boo the guy while the team is playing better without him and he tries to come back and integrate himself into the team's new style of play, which will also raise his trade value and allow us to use his contract to add a player who can help us in the offseason .. did i get it all?

Yes he has been bad his entire career. I can't even begin to describe the amount of times I have wanted him moved off of this roster (since year 2 when his value was higher). None of that matters now. Can't change the past. Focus on the present. Team morale matters.

He is apart of this team right now. Throwing him under the bus for bad play sends the wrong message to the players that you actually value. Think they would want to stay here if they were in a slump? What if Boston fans called for Ray Allen's head when he was in his shooting slump during the playoffs the first year pierce and KG were together with him? The fans stayed behind him and he came out of it in the finals. Yes it is a completely different situation and he is not on the same plane as those players but the principle argument is still the same!! Stop booing him.

He's got to play better, but your solution toboo him and cast him out isn't helping at all either
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,508

Post#175 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 am

I think it's fair to say he's been spoiled, absolutely. Agree entirely on never having to earn anything with us, having everything given to him, etc.

I am not sure we can say it's made him a brat, though. He might be, might not be...doesn't seem to me to be too different than when he came in.

I think it's safer to say that it would be unusual for someone who has been as coddled as he has not to be affected by it, but I think it's a step too far to be certain he has.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
beanbag
Analyst

Post#176 » by beanbag » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
beanbag wrote:

His terrible attitude?!

This guy has never been repremended in his career. He doesn't make effort to rebound what's his response?! "It's not rebound-ball it's basketball"....he puts up terrible efforts and sent to the bench what happened?! Colangelo publicly sympathized with him and had him put back in the starting line up because he was "more effective as a starter"....Andrea has NEVER had to earn it on this team. Other than when he's gotten hot (like all streak shooters) and his "magical 13 games" over his 7 year career has he ever shown that he's going to try to put the effort up anywhere else. He acts as entitled and as spoiled of an athlete I've ever seen and NEVER does he apologize for a poor effort or bad outing.

Look at DeRozan, he is far from a great player but every fan knows the EFFORT and the ATTITUDE is there. DeMar isn't even as talented as Bargnani (yeah that's right) but he wins over fans because his heart and mind are in the right place he knows he owes more to the fans and he owes more to himself. Andrea's attitude from day 1 until now is he doesn't owe anyone anything (mr caliper test)...and sure you can get into the bullsh*t arguement of what he "owes" but reality is don't ever think the fans OWE him anything in return (their applause) if he gives them NOTHING either and his attitude is basically f*ck them which has shown year after year. He only cared about himself and now he finds himself by his self. What goes around comes around....he's not apologetic to the fans FOR YEARS (and now); they certainly don't need to be now either. F*ck Bargnani; earn it back.

He's definitely been spoiled, but the term 'spoiled brat' infers that he is walking around as though he is better than everyone and I haven't seen evidence of that. I doubt teammates would be coming to his defence if that was the case.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#177 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
beanbag wrote:His terrible attitude?!

He's definitely been spoiled, but the term 'spoiled brat' infers that he is walking around as though he is better than everyone and I haven't seen evidence of that. I doubt teammates would be coming to his defence if that was the case.

No what you're referring to is arrogance (and of course people will naturally feel bad for someone receiving punishment) but....a spoiled brat is someone who carries themself with a sense of entitlement which is exactly what he has been like from day one and it's someone who has received something when they didn't deserve it or earn it and they whine, pout OR cry to get back what they haven't earned (ie/ he's played poorly many times but they gave him back a starting position despite not earning it). There can be no better description of Bargnani's time as a Raptor than that. The spoiled brat is being given a hard dose of reality and karma.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#178 » by beanbag » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:48 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:No what you're referring to is arrogance (and of course people will naturally feel bad for someone receiving punishment) but....a spoiled brat is someone who carries themself with a sense of entitlement which is exactly what he has been like from day one and it's someone who has received something when they didn't deserve it or earn it and they whine, pout OR cry to get back what they haven't earned (ie/ he's played poorly many times but they gave him back a starting position despite not earning it). There can be no better description of Bargnani's time as a Raptor than that. The spoiled brat is being given a hard dose of reality and karma.

See, I just haven't seen the sense of entitlement aspect that you say he's carried since day one. The team has certainly coddled him, but I can't remember the constant pouting or crying. He has been demoted to the bench and had his minutes cut and when he is on, plays aren't run for him, has he publicly complained about that?
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#179 » by JYD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 am

I think instead of asking what booing accomplishes, we'd get much farther in this discussion if we ask why fans are booing.

Is the booing a reflection of the fans, or of the 10M player who doesn't try/the coach who plays him in spite of this fact (and after the deadline has passed)/the GM who has clung to him for so long?

Forgetting the boos for a moment, Bargs' effort level, Casey deciding to play him, and BC's reluctance to cut dead weight, are all disservices - in no particular order - to the organization, other players, fans, and ideal organizational goals (presumably, a winning culture).

So what is the real problem here?
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#180 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 am

I want Bargs gone. Booing him makes him play worse. So im going to boo him so he plays worse which will make his trade value even worse then it already is, thus making it harder to see Bargs gone. Logic FTL..
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.

Return to Toronto Raptors