ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situation)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Kabatnaz
Banned User
And1: 534

Re: Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situati 

Post#121 » by Kabatnaz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 am

Someone just needs to remind Bargs that the same "fans" that are boing him cheer for made shots on non-continuation baskets, pizza and a hockey team that hasn't won in over 40 years.

Booing you're own player when he subs in is classless.

This fan base is part of the problem. One poster argues that laker or Knick fans would year him apart.

Knick and Laker fans are also the most hated of NBA fans.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,463

Post#122 » by DG88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
DG88 wrote:Well duh I now that, I'm one of those fans that are sick and tired of his lazy play. Having said that what is booing going to do but give you personal satisfaction. It's not making Bargs play any harder it's only making him worst and turning his trade value into nil.

This is what many dont understand. Booing isn't accomplishing anything

But this isn't going to change nor is this exclusive to Toronto.

Fans get tired of PLAYER X, they boo PLAYER X. It happens in every sport, all over the place.

It's either up to PLAYER X to play better or get benched or management to deal them.

That's the way it works.

Bargs being dealt is a foregone conclusion but again what is booing going to accomplish? Because so far it hasn't done anything to benefit the team.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,492

Post#123 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

DG88 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Fans get tired of PLAYER X, they boo PLAYER X. It happens in every sport, all over the place.

It's either up to PLAYER X to play better or get benched or management to deal them.

That's the way it works.

Bargs being dealt is a foregone conclusion but again what is booing going to accomplish? Because so far it hasn't done anything to benefit the team.

You're missing the point. The average fan doesn't think like that, the average fan is like 'This guy has been sucking, I'm going to boo". You're not going to convince that fan to not boo, you're not going to be able to run a campaign to get to all of them.

THUS

It's on the player/team to figure it out.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#124 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 am

And if the team starts winning, or somehow makes the playoffs, the booing will disappear.
cdas
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#125 » by cdas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am

Honestly if bargs was hustling out there and at least trying and not just standing around then he wouldnt get booed

The way i see it if he keeps playing this way hes getting what he deserves. Dont like it grab a rebound
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#126 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Let's look at what the flipside has accomplished. A guy undeservedly picked number 1, given 7 years to develop, a 50 million dollar extension, and the return? A guy who can't even be bothered to show up.
TorontoSlaptors
Junior
And1: 319

Post#127 » by TorontoSlaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Let's look at what the flipside has accomplished. A guy undeservedly picked number 1, given 7 years to develop, a 50 million dollar extension, and the return? A guy who can't even be bothered to show up.

my point as well. They're booing him because countless number of times, he hasn't shown up for the fans. Fans don't take that ish too lightly.
Please check out our YouTube channel if you get a chance! Raptors all day! - Thumbhais
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,854

Post#128 » by ThatClockWork » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Rapsobsessed7 is right. SUPPORT HIM. Let's find out if he can integrate himself into the new squad. It's a win win situation. His trade value goes up, and hopefully we get better play out of him off the bench. Complaining about it at this point does nothing. This is coming from one of his biggest critics. Time to switch it up.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#129 » by RoleModel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

Since RealGM posters account for every fan at the game, I doubt Bargs will get booed anymore.
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#130 » by RapsFanInVA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Come on guys, just give Bargs the silent treatment every time he checks in, every time he makes a shot, every time he misses a shot. It would be very powerful and hilarious. He shows no emotion on the court, so the fans should show no emotion towards him on the court..
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#131 » by Spragga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 am

This is BCs fault. After years of shoving him down our throat even up to his last injury they totally dropped him. Its really amazing how BC has treated him recently after years of making excuses for him. I guess he must have got fed up. When the main guy who has had your back since the beginning turns on you the rest will follow.

This is turning out like what the wizard fans did to Andrea Blatche. They booed him everytime he came in. He got amnestied
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,463

Post#132 » by DG88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 am

Duffman100 wrote:
DG88 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

That's the way it works.

You're missing the point. The average fan doesn't think like that, the average fan is like 'This guy has been sucking, I'm going to boo". You're not going to convince that fan to not boo, you're not going to be able to run a campaign to get to all of them.

THUS

It's on the player/team to figure it out.

I agree the average fan doesn't think like that, but when you boo a player or a team it shows your displeasure with their performance and that you want them to play harder. The problem is that it hasn't happened with Bargs it's only made him worst. Nothing is being gained with booing him.
DA_SCOUT
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#133 » by DA_SCOUT » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 am

Bargnani's body language has depression written all over it.

I get it, he's been garbage of late. But you don't boooo ANY player for picking up their first foul trying to play defense. Dude is a sensitive guy, its pretty obvious.

I want the raptors to succeed, and I want Bargs playing a Ryan Anderson role off the bench to help them succeed like Jack Armstrong said. Booing isn't going to do anything.

Cheer him like any other Raptor, and if he continues to dissapoint, let him ride the bench and play Acy.

RAPS IN 4.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#134 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 am

djgordon wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Rapsobsessed7 is right. SUPPORT HIM. Let's find out if he can integrate himself into the new squad. It's a win win situation. His trade value goes up, and hopefully we get better play out of him off the bench. Complaining about it at this point does nothing. This is coming from one of his biggest critics. Time to switch it up.

I don't know why this is so complicated for some of you. The guy's ENTIRE CAREER he's been inconsistent, soft, and lacked effort. You might be new to watching the Raps, as he was coming off the bench for a short time and did basically the same thing. Played with even less effort, and interest than when he started. Everything that could be done with this goofball has been done. He doesn't care, it won't work. Boo him until he's gone. BC should be next. 5 bucks says this stretch of games will be BC's 13 game streak.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#135 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 am

DG88 wrote:Nothing is being gained with booing him.

I agree with you 100%, but it's not going to change and it's not something magically isolated to the city of Toronto.

So...

It's on Bargnani/Casey/BC/Team to figure out how to handle it.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#136 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 am

TorontoSlaptors wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

my point as well. They're booing him because countless number of times, he hasn't shown up for the fans. Fans don't take that ish too lightly.

Yep, the truth is, fans are left with no other choice.
Secueritae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,448

Post#137 » by Secueritae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but we boo'ed the hell out of Hedo at the end of the season, he was traded and we got a pretty decent return for his horrible contract? His value couldn't have been that much better than Bargs at this point and he had a longer contract.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#138 » by ImissJordan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 am

F**k that.

He has earned those boos. Every one of them.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#139 » by Danny1616 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 am

Remember when we were 4-19 and Bargs got injured and then told an Italian journalist in an interview that the Raptors are the worst team in the league.

Good times.
ddx19
Junior
And1: 215

Post#140 » by ddx19 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:00 am

TO fans booing Bargs every single game is just flat out embarrassing for the city.

The booing effects the other Raptor players just as much. Probably doesnt make them feel comfortable having their teamate booed every time he misses a shot. Its just brutal.

Bargnani gets it by now that we want him off the team, no need to keep booing and alienate the rest of the team.

Return to Toronto Raptors