ImageImageImageImageImage

Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoffs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoff 

Post#21 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 am

Indeed wrote:
He gives up the most offensive rebound? The stats shows the other way around.
On the other hand, you have proofs for that? Pretty bias from my opinion, since the team defensive rebounding rate is a +0.6% on/off, which is above our team average, and our defensive rebounding rate is among average of the league.

You can pull all the stats out of every game you want, but watch the game and every game there's a missed assignment by him, a blown play, a ball right in front of him he doesn't grab or doesn't secure the ball and let's the opposing team get an easy score or new possession or something.

Just watch the game and look at his effort level and his engagement and whether he's paying attention. Because those little bursts of positive are always offset by more negative. And over time, the negative has outweighed any little positives he's ever brought.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#22 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Advanced defensive statistics are the toughest to trust. There is no way that Bargnani is ACTUALLY a top 5 post defender. We both know that's not true.

Oh, come on, it happened before, and simply you ignore them when that is the fact. Bad thing about Bargnani you will throw it around, good thing about Bargnani will never happen?

I haven't started watching this game, but the last game, Randolph didn't even "try" to go against Bargnani on isolation. He simply throws the ball back after a second. And Bargnani did a very nice job recovering and blocking Randolph on one possession when Randolph got the inside position and thought it would be an easy basket.

Ok, even if I give you that he's somehow a top 5 defender.

What about this game? When they aren't posting someone like Chandler up? What value is he? What does Bargnani do?

Again, I haven't started watch this game, but man defense is more than just against someone posting up, and his last game against Amare was not bad (some mistakes and allowed him for a dunk, but overall containing Amare for the most part). So why he shouldn't be playing? And his replacement is better?
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#23 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 am

You know we have problems with this guy if we're using defensive-based stats to excuse his otherwise, piss poor play. He has looked totally disinterested in his last 3 games, not that its much different than how he has performed for most of the season. We would be easily leading this game tonight if we had SOME production out of him. His strong points (which is offense) is entirely missing from his game.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#24 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 am

whysoserious wrote:
Indeed wrote:
He gives up the most offensive rebound? The stats shows the other way around.
On the other hand, you have proofs for that? Pretty bias from my opinion, since the team defensive rebounding rate is a +0.6% on/off, which is above our team average, and our defensive rebounding rate is among average of the league.

You can pull all the stats out of every game you want, but watch the game and every game there's a missed assignment by him, a blown play, a ball right in front of him he doesn't grab or doesn't secure the ball and let's the opposing team get an easy score or new possession or something.

Just watch the game and look at his effort level and his engagement and whether he's paying attention. Because those little bursts of positive are always offset by more negative. And over time, the negative has outweighed any little positives he's ever brought.

What? You said he missed assignment, did Casey say that? You said his opponent grabbed the ball, and the stats is wrong? The fact (stats) is wrong? Really? You simply watch it and you are right, and someone watch it and record the stats is wrong?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,827

Post#25 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 am

Indeed wrote:
Again, I haven't started watch this game, but man defense is more than just against someone posting up, and his last game against Amare was not bad (some mistakes and allowed him for a dunk, but overall containing Amare for the most part). So why he shouldn't be playing? And his replacement is better?

Aight...you stick with Bargnani as your man.

I'd take Acy any day of the week.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#26 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 am

sanity wrote:You know we have problems with this guy if we're using defensive-based stats to excuse his otherwise, piss poor play. He has looked totally disinterested in his last 3 games, not that its much different than how he has performed for most of the season. We would be easily leading this game tonight if we had SOME production out of him.

Lets see, an offensive minded player who used to be your lead scorer is now basically a screen setter for the coaches pets Lucas and Anderson who never pass to him unless there is .01 on the shot clock? Yeah, that is gonna really get the best out of him,
props to Turbozone for the sig
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#27 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 am

lol @ booing your own player.

Such clowns, congrats, you successfully shut down a legitimate scoring option for the other team.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#28 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 am

Indeed wrote:What? You said he missed assignment, did Casey say that? You said his opponent grabbed the ball, and the stats is wrong? The fact (stats) is wrong? Really? You simply watch it and you are right, and someone watch it and record the stats is wrong?

I simply said he gives up plays, never said he does it every time. The stats you showed doesn't show individual plays and those individual plays happen every game. Where he's pretty much standing around doing nothing.

But the collective stats of a game won't highlight that, watch the game you'd see those individual plays where he shows no level of engagement. Then again, you've posted several times today that you haven't watched today's game. So you seem more interested in looking up stats on the Internet, i'm not discounting all stats but I also watch the game for the many times he shows no effort or level of engagement which leads to bad plays for our team and easy plays for opposing teams.
sanity
RealGM

Post#29 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:19 am

TheRaptor! wrote:lol @ booing your own player.

Such clowns, congrats, you successfully shut down a legitimate scoring option for the other team.

Yeah, because the fans are directly responsible for player performance. This isn't tyke league basketball
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#30 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:20 am

I think people are also forgetting that he makes 10 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#31 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 am

Duffman100 wrote:I think people are also forgetting that he makes 10 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!

Which is just another reason why the coach is an idiot for letting Lucas and Anderson ignore him completely on offense. I am sure BC wants his 10 million to be better used and will want to see Telfair out there getting structure into the second unit.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#32 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 am

sanity wrote:

Yeah, because the fans are directly responsible for player performance. This isn't tyke league basketball

You seriously don't think the boos are bothering Bargnani?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#33 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 am

basketball royalty wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:I think people are also forgetting that he makes 10 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!

Which is just another reason why the coach is an idiot for letting Lucas and Anderson ignore him completely on offense. I am sure BC wants his 10 million to be better used and will want to see Telfair out there getting structure into the second unit.

But also a huge reason why we shouldn't put up with 50% effort.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#34 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 am

whysoserious wrote:
Indeed wrote:What? You said he missed assignment, did Casey say that? You said his opponent grabbed the ball, and the stats is wrong? The fact (stats) is wrong? Really? You simply watch it and you are right, and someone watch it and record the stats is wrong?

I simply said he gives up plays, never said he does it every time. The stats you showed doesn't show individual plays and those individual plays happen every game. Where he's pretty much standing around doing nothing.

But the collective stats of a game won't highlight that, watch the game you'd see those individual plays where he shows no level of engagement. Then again, you've posted several times today that you haven't watched today's game. So you seem more interested in looking up stats on the Internet, i'm not discounting all stats but I also watch the game for the many times he shows no effort or level of engagement which leads to bad plays for our team and easy plays for opposing teams.

You said he missed the assignment, missed boxout, and etc. Now you are saying he is not engaged as an individual. Can you please clarify what you are arguing at this point? As I said, you are biased of saying he missed the boxout, because based on stats, this is not totally true. He did his job no matter he is interested or not, no matter he is engaged or not.

I don't know how you do at your job, just want to congratulate you that you are always engaged and done a great job even your boss dislike you and would embarrass you.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#35 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 am

Duffman100 wrote:

But also a huge reason why we shouldn't put up with 50% effort.

I know he will never win a hustle award but it is hard to say he is giving no effort when he is getting no touches. How do you gauge that? Is he not setting proper picks for Lucas? Should he give Anderson more space so he could take a wild shot?
sanity
RealGM

Post#36 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 am

TheRaptor! wrote:
sanity wrote:

He does not have the basis of excellent play or results to stand on like... say... A-Rod getting booed by Yankees fans. Bargnani is a career underachiever who plays with little effort. Call a damn spade a spade for once.

I would be totally opposed to booing Amir Johnson, Jose Calderon, Demar DeRozan or practically anyone else on this team's history. Bargnani doesn't have **** to stand on.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#37 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 am

I know he will never win a hustle award but it is hard to say he is giving no effort when he is getting no touches. How do you gauge that? Is he not setting proper picks for Lucas? Should he give Anderson more space so he could take a wild shot?

What can he do? What does JV do?
Indeed
RealGM

Post#38 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:31 am

sanity wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:
sanity wrote:Yeah, because the fans are directly responsible for player performance. This isn't tyke league basketball

He does not have the basis of excellent play or results to stand on like... say... A-Rod getting booed by Yankees fans. Bargnani is a career underachiever who plays with little effort. Call a damn spade a spade for once.

I would be totally opposed to booing Amir Johnson, Jose Calderon, Demar DeRozan or practically anyone else on this team's history. Bargnani doesn't have **** to stand on.

How do you define "underachiever"? He is definitely not shooting well, and now not even trying, but a 19ppg scorer at 10m, is that underachieving? Or are you based on #1 overall pick, which is not under his control? And Gay is a #1 overall pick, where he can compare with LeBron/Howard?
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#39 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 am

Duffman100 wrote:

Look, we all know he is a 7ft Jamaal Crawford. Now what I expect is for him to have the role of sixth man and be a scorer off the bench. Not to set screens for second rate chuckers.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#40 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am

Duffman100 wrote:

Look, we all know he is a 7ft Jamaal Crawford. Now what I expect is for him to have the role of sixth man and be a scorer off the bench. Not to set screens for second rate chuckers.

He's a 2nd rate chucker!!! He's not Jamal Crawford, he's a taller John Lucas!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors