ImageImageImageImageImage

Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoffs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Re: Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoff 

Post#141 » by 3thomas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 am

bonjovi0308 wrote:
3thomas wrote:Let him publicly ask for a trade. Let him waive his last year option which he does not deserve. He's been coasting for 7 years. He had every chance to win the fans, to improve, play hard and we have been very patient. I would stick my neck out and say no other NBA player in history had as many chances as he did.

He has not driven to the basket not once since we got back from the break has not posted up not once, stinker after stinker and he gets paid a cool $10M for it.

The fans booing (helpful or not) is understandable, do not blame the fans for the day light clear outcome here, we all saw this coming, the booing did not start a few games ago. Blame BC for not trading him.

Boo Bargs when he missed the only 2 shots he made in the game? Boo him and force him to demand a trade publicly and even lowering his trade value? Fans handcuffing BC's trade option and blame him for being an inferior GM?

BC hand cuffed this franchise for 6 years with this piece of garbage he keeps calling "potential all star". Wake up and smell the coffee, Bargnani has zero trade value, if he had any he would have been traded by now. Listen to BC's presser the conversation between Andrea, his agent and the Raptors has been going on for a while now. His value is not going up nor down.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,421

Post#142 » by bballsparkin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

I wouldn't boo him personally. I don't see what the use is. The team is playing well and booing Bargnani only detracts from that. It would be one thing if the team was playing badly but the Raps are playing the best ball in years. The trade deadline is gone and he's with the team til summer. Like it or not.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#143 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am

MEDIC wrote:He's not going to be here by summer's end anyhow.

I'm willing to bet that he'll still be here when the 2013-14 season begins. He's got 2 highly paid years left so basically nobody wants him. Maybe he gets dealt as an expiring contract in the summer of 2014 or at the 2015 trade deadline but I'll honestly be surprised if it happens any sooner than that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#144 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 am

The_Hater wrote:[quote="MED
He's not going to be here by summer's end anyhow.

I'm willing to bet that he'll still be here when the 2013-14 season begins. He's got 2 highly paid years left so basically nobody wants him. Maybe he gets dealt as an expiring contract in the summer of 2014 or at the 2015 trade deadline but I'll honestly be surprised if it happens any sooner than that.[/quote]

Amnesty?
3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Post#145 » by 3thomas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 am

The_Hater wrote:[quote="MED
He's not going to be here by summer's end anyhow.

I'm willing to bet that he'll still be here when the 2013-14 season begins. He's got 2 highly paid years left so basically nobody wants him. Maybe he gets dealt as an expiring contract in the summer of 2014 or at the 2015 trade deadline but I'll honestly be surprised if it happens any sooner than that.[/quote]

there are a few options out of this:

1- A new GM takes over and amnesties him.
2- Bargnani elects to drop his ETO for 14/15 becoming an expiring next year, could possibly be dealt like Calderon by next trade deadline.

There are other options I can think of but are less likely to occur at this stage.
The_Hater

Post#146 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Amnesty?

Only if there's a point. As it is, the Raps will be capped out so that won't make a difference by getting them under the cap and if you amnesty, you still have to pay the players salary so there's no financial savings for MLSE. Then there's the issue of BC still being the GM, will his ego allow him to amnesty Bargs?

I guess if the Raps are capped out they could to still be able to make moves while avoiding the tax but I still have my doubts. Especially since I expect BC to get an undeserved contract extension soon.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#147 » by JN » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 am

Booing Andrea, sitting Andrea, and placing Andrea on the trade block are significant motivators for the rest of the team. Team has rallied behind this.

It is exactly what it needs. Finally, those that put in the effort are rewarded by the coach, organization and fans. Those that never did are not rewarded by the coaches, organization and fans. The players need the Andrea boos to move on from the no accountability era. Its funny that some of you say boos make us a joke. In players eyes -- boos, sitting Andrea, moving Andrea -- all show that Raptors franchise is not a joke anymore.

Teammates despise Andrea ... and justifiably. Remember Andrea said is teammates were the worst in the league. You can say it was misquoted. Players will never think that.

EDIT - maybe its time to move on from it -- but it was needed.
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#148 » by changes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 am

3thomas wrote:
BC hand cuffed this franchise for 6 years with this piece of garbage he keeps calling "potential all star". Wake up and smell the coffee, Bargnani has zero trade value, if he had any he would have been traded by now. Listen to BC's presser the conversation between Andrea, his agent and the Raptors has been going on for a while now. His value is not going up nor down.

Agreed. It's hilarious that people think the rest of this season or anything that happens here onwards has any impact on bargnanis value. The worst GM in the league will be able to trade this total stiff, thats been nothing but a stiff for 7 years if only he has some nice games to end the season, yea right.

Unfortunately other franchises aren't being run by 29 Colangelo's, everyone knows what he is as a player. There is 0 chance of any possible scenario that involves him departing this franchise in a good trade. Amnesty, better player on an awful contract (boozer type trade), or a bad contract bust for a bad contract bust are the only options. Let a new GM choose one and move on.

As far as the booing... first world problems. He's made a ton of money, he is getting booed for playing a game. No one cares, move on.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#149 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 am

The key to playoffs will always rest on the play of Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry; not Bargs. This thread makes no sense.
The_Hater

Post#150 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 am

Like I read earlier this year, the only way to get rid of Bargnani is to fire BC and then hope he gets hired by another team in the summer. Then that becomes the one NBA team that will trade for him.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#151 » by Yoga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,275

Post#152 » by orbesnet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm

He's the key to failure... he's is in the perfect position to prove everyone wrong every night on the floor and does little to do so.

The fans would jump on the Bargs bandwagon if he starts hitting some shats, I could see him giving us something as we move forward but he's gotta play well, boo's or not.
Pascal to the future.
Felixano
Banned User
And1: 76

Post#153 » by Felixano » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

In Bargnani's last 5 games he has grabbed 7 rebounds.

Boo all you want guys.
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#154 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Live Free wrote:so we need to cheer a professional athlete in order for him to play meaningful.. and you wonder why most fans hate him in the first place

Nobody is saying you "have to cheer" Bargnani. But booing him when he enters the game for the first time after a long injury is just irrational. It's a pitchfork mentality. He can be an effective offensive weapon as a sixth man--I, for one, am hoping that they figure out how to get the ball to him. Lucas is a gunner, God love him, but he has no court vision.
“The North Remembers"
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#155 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

orbesnet wrote:He's the key to failure... he's is in the perfect position to prove everyone wrong every night on the floor and does little to do so.

The fans would jump on the Bargs bandwagon if he starts hitting some shats, I could see him giving us something as we move forward but he's gotta play well, boo's or not.

You think when he shoots and misses or makes that it's his choice or effort of which go in and which rim out, though?
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,270

Post#156 » by Brinbe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

The goalposts always move. Now it's the fans' fault. :nonono:
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Post#157 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

The team is playing well and different pieces are starting to figure it out and all the hardcore fanbase can think of is how to make a distraction in the middle of an ultra tight playoff push? Yeah booing bargnani every time he comes in the game and touches the ball is most definitely helping everyone focus.
C3SIUM
Starter
And1: 693

Post#158 » by C3SIUM » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Please.
Man this pisses me off.
HE'S ON THE TEAM NOW! and HE CAN HELP!!!

Booing him does NOTHING for us or him. BC knows how you feel?
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,275

Post#159 » by orbesnet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out but, how do you get the whole stadium NOT to boo? Group thought is a bitch.

I mean, it's not like this board represents a large part of the fanbase.... people are booing him for whatever reason they seem to have.

We couldn't stop the booing if we tried. Only he can.
Pascal to the future.

Return to Toronto Raptors