ImageImageImageImageImage

Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoffs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Re: Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoff 

Post#41 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am

Duffman100 wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:

I know he will never win a hustle award but it is hard to say he is giving no effort when he is getting no touches. How do you gauge that? Is he not setting proper picks for Lucas? Should he give Anderson more space so he could take a wild shot?

What can he do? What does JV do?

Why has has to compare with JV? Should we compare JV to Bargnani, and ask JV to score 20 and sometimes 30?
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#42 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am

Indeed wrote:You said he missed the assignment, missed boxout, and etc. Now you are saying he is not engaged as an individual. Can you please clarify what you are arguing at this point? As I said, you are biased of saying he missed the boxout, because based on stats, this is not totally true. He did his job no matter he is interested or not, no matter he is engaged or not.

I don't know how you do at your job, just want to congratulate you that you are always engaged and done a great job even your boss dislike you and would embarrass you.

Watch the goddamn games, he is constantly missing assignments, missing a box out, giving up offensive rebounds in front of him, not defending, not providing help defense. What is the cause of this? His lack of effort and engagement. Does he do it every single play? No, but a player without effort that let's those things happen will stand out.

You can reply all you want, I won't respond any more. Because you're the one trying to use stats to justify a player that gives you nothing on the court and constantly blows plays.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,833

Post#43 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 am

Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

I know he will never win a hustle award but it is hard to say he is giving no effort when he is getting no touches. How do you gauge that? Is he not setting proper picks for Lucas? Should he give Anderson more space so he could take a wild shot?

What can he do? What does JV do?

Why has has to compare with JV? Should we compare JV to Bargnani, and ask JV to score 20 and sometimes 30?

If you gave JV the looks, he might actually be able to do it.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#44 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:What can he do? What does JV do?

Look, we all know he is a 7ft Jamaal Crawford. Now what I expect is for him to have the role of sixth man and be a scorer off the bench. Not to set screens for second rate chuckers.

He's a 2nd rate chucker!!! He's not Jamal Crawford, he's a taller John Lucas!!!

Lol. Yeah, he has averaged plenty of points when given the chance. Even if he was a taller Lucas he can at least get off better shots and should be taking those shots not those other two.
props to Turbozone for the sig
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#45 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 am

We need to get this guy going, make a few plays for him. The offense for the second unit sucks anyways. The booing has to stop, if were serious about making a run for the playoffs we need his offense to be working.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#46 » by DonMega » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 am

I'm the biggest bustnani basher there is but I have to agree that logically it makes no sense to boo him after trade deadline, guy is going to be here until offseason (hopefully not longer) and we need him to get back his average game so he can hit a 3 here or there. The only thing is he will always be a blackhole on D and that kills our team.
tiger7
Bench Warmer
And1: 714

Post#47 » by tiger7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 am

He's not getting any touches on offense its either Rudy, Demar or Anderson hogging the ball. We all know his confidence comes from his offense.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#48 » by Rapsalot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 am

Yoga wrote:Seriously. I think all this negativitiy toward him is affecting his game. We need him to produce off the bench for any chance at the 8th seed.

Thanks

Really we just won a game with Barfs playing 13 minutes going 0-2 with bad D and 0s in the rest of his stat line he could not even foul someone!!!

So how exactly is he "key" to playoffs???

I say give him a 5 game time-out, let him get his head as straight as he can start him the last 20 games. This will let him get shots his only joy in the game, increase his value and tell him the only way he gets traded is to get after it. If he doesn't two more years of BOOs

You. Could also as him to retire and then he is free to sign with a team in Europe in the offseason!!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#49 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 am

whysoserious wrote:
Indeed wrote:You said he missed the assignment, missed boxout, and etc. Now you are saying he is not engaged as an individual. Can you please clarify what you are arguing at this point? As I said, you are biased of saying he missed the boxout, because based on stats, this is not totally true. He did his job no matter he is interested or not, no matter he is engaged or not.

I don't know how you do at your job, just want to congratulate you that you are always engaged and done a great job even your boss dislike you and would embarrass you.

Watch the goddamn games, he is constantly missing assignments, missing a box out, giving up offensive rebounds in front of him, not defending, not providing help defense. What is the cause of this? His lack of effort and engagement. Does he do it every single play? No, but a player without effort that let's those things happen will stand out.

You can reply all you want, I won't respond any more. Because you're the one trying to use stats to justify a player that gives you nothing on the court and constantly blows plays.

Watch the goddamn games, he didn't constantly miss his assignment. I watch some of the game twice, but he is better than half of the players on the team. Why he doesn't deserve minutes when players worse than him gets the minutes?

I hope you won't respond, simply you are wrong, and can't come out with anything. You are biased to begin with, while I put my "effort" in research in getting information. What have you done? Nothing! Worst than Bargnani, imo.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#50 » by team edward » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 am

Playing sports in Toronto and being popular with fans isn't difficult. All you really have to do is show up every day and create the impression that your care and are working hard for a win. In other words, that you give a $hit.

Bargnani's non-descript game face doesn't help him to begin with. But lately, it's pretty clear he could care less whether he was on the court or not.

I swear, if Bargnani went 1 for 20 with 3 rebounds but clearly busted his ass every minute he was out there, we would get it and he would be cheered. It's right them for him to accept, he just has to do it.

He has to make the first move. When he starts to show up, the fans will be there.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#51 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 am

This team will be much better with bargs leading the way off the bench and not AA or JL... The bench has frequently lost us the lead since the arrival of Rudy Gay and bargnani is not the cause of that. Give him some touches...

In Raptor Ball I Trust
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#52 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:This team will be much better with bargs leading the way off the bench and not AA or JL... The bench has frequently lost us the lead since the arrival of Rudy Gay and bargnani is not the cause of that. Give him some touches...

Exactly. People just want to pick on Bargnani with the booing like this is some elementary schooyard but if we get this guy involved and give him the shots that lucas and AA take then were going to be able to at least maintain a lead. I mean Casey right now has the guy completely uninvolved while he watches the lead slip away with lucas and anderson shooting the night away.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#53 » by 22haytham22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 am

Those fans payed their hard earned cash and they pay that guy's salary and if he isn't providing, hell not even giving effort which is what we want to see than they have every right to boo him

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#54 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

Indeed wrote:
Watch the goddamn games, he didn't constantly miss his assignment. I watch some of the game twice, but he is better than half of the players on the team. Why he doesn't deserve minutes when players worse than him gets the minutes?

I hope you won't respond, simply you are wrong, and can't come out with anything. You are biased to begin with, while I put my "effort" in research in getting information. What have you done? Nothing! Worst than Bargnani, imo.

There's no bias, I cheer the guy on when he makes plays. I've posted recognizing the guy when he's hustling. But there are many times in a game he watches a guy go right past him, doesn't box out, gives up an offensive rebound right in front of him, doesn't provide help and just gets caught watching the game instead of participating. And like I said, it's not every play and I never said he's entirely bad. But when those things happen, and you're not giving the production everyone says is the one good thing you do, you bring nothing to the team.

But hey, you stick to those box scores.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by 22haytham22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

carlosey wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:This team will be much better with bargs leading the way off the bench and not AA or JL... The bench has frequently lost us the lead since the arrival of Rudy Gay and bargnani is not the cause of that. Give him some touches...

Exactly. People just want to pick on Bargnani with the booing like this is some elementary schooyard but if we get this guy involved and give him the shots that lucas and AA take then were going to be able to at least maintain a lead. I mean Casey right now has the guy completely uninvolved while he watches the lead slip away with lucas and anderson shooting the night away.

I agree I would rather Bargs do his thing than the scrub lucas and AA for sure, but Bargs gotta get tough man he's gotta want it, he's gotta understand his role now

TreadMilling Since 1995

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#56 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

carlosey wrote:

And what message does it send to everyone else on the team? Don't hustle, don't work, but you'll get shot attempts if you're Andrea Bargnani.

**** that, he has to earn his shots
22haytham22
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by 22haytham22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

Duffman100 wrote:
carlosey wrote:

And what message does it send to everyone else on the team? Don't hustle, don't work, but you'll get shot attempts if you're Andrea Bargnani.

I agree Duffman, however AA and Lucas have not done anything to merit the amount of shots they take and in that case I do believe there has to be a balance between Bargs, AA, and Lucas coming of the bench

TreadMilling Since 1995

basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#58 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 am

22haytham22 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
carlosey wrote:

I agree Duffman, however AA and Lucas have not done anything to merit the amount of shots they take and in that case I do believe there has to be a balance between Bargs, AA, and Lucas coming of the bench

I'm hoping Telfair was brought in to bring the balance. Playing Fields would also help balance things as well.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#59 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 am

22haytham22 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Oh I agree. I think they deserve shots, they're just taking too many bad ones.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#60 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:59 am

Bargnani - 13 minutes, 0-2, 0 points, 0 boards and a -2 for tonight.

Val, only 8 more minutes but grabs 10 boards and blocks 2 shots.

No plays for either player are run. At least Val does other things out there that suggest he should get plays run for him. Just simply having offensive skillset doesn't earn you plays.

Return to Toronto Raptors