ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tough Tony D
Analyst
And1: 314

Re: PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you ****! 

Post#161 » by Tough Tony D » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 am

Damn Isola really went at Bargs....

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Bargnani is no Balotelli. I bet he's not even Italian. Probably one of those wannabes like @Al_Iannazzone of Newsday. You know the kind.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
You know how the great players make it look as if they're not even trying?. Well, Bargnani ain't great and he's also not trying.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Bargnani, as Marv Albert would say, "is hearing it from the crowd." At this rate, he'll sign a 10-day contract with Olimpia Milano next year
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#162 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 am

Tough Tony D wrote:Damn Isola really went at Bargs....

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Bargnani is no Balotelli. I bet he's not even Italian. Probably one of those wannabes like @Al_Iannazzone of Newsday. You know the kind.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
You know how the great players make it look as if they're not even trying?. Well, Bargnani ain't great and he's also not trying.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Bargnani, as Marv Albert would say, "is hearing it from the crowd." At this rate, he'll sign a 10-day contract with Olimpia Milano next year

Bargnani has 50 million reasons not to care :lol:
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#163 » by dballislife » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 am

playing with lucas and AA on the 2nd unit, ya good luck getting going bargs, if they wont pass to gay or demar they wont pass to u
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
mamadontcry
Senior
And1: 342

Post#164 » by mamadontcry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 am

Who the @@ck is F Isola.Who gives a damn **** about him.He should look at his players who are doing crap as usual instead of gettin some cheers from TO monkeys.Eh!
#Phil The Master
Gntts
Junior
And1: 572

Post#165 » by Gntts » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

Beardman wrote:If we can get a big man, we will start blowing out playoff caliber teams.

If we can get a big man, ... he would be sitting on the bench. Casey loves small ball.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 422

Post#166 » by cdel00 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

R O A R
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#167 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

Come on man, Gay's alright and I'm starting to like his game more, but you're seriously telling me Gay is better than Melo? If it was your money on the line and you had to take Melo or Gay to start a franchise I think you would take Melo.[/quote]
obviously Melo is the better player but I don't think its by much because Gay is the superior defender but Melo has a better offensive repertoire and is better at creating his own shot.
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Post#168 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

Caseys offense. I just dont get it. The second unit has no order really.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#169 » by Undefeated » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

- Cold start to the game for Rudy, but he bounced back in the second half. No one should ever doubt Rudy’s ability to take over the game because when he catches fire it’s over.

Rudy showing off that Timmy D skill set out there making all those bankers from the shallow angle. Shot was WET today shooting over anyone he wanted from Felton to Tyson Chandler. He was literally unstoppable in the 2nd half. It felt like almost any shot he put up was gonna be swish. Handles were tight breaking Amare’s ankles a few times first with the crossover to get the blow by for the double clutch layup and the go-ahead triple from the top of the key after shaking and baking. Man was straight BALLIN tonight.

- Solid game for DeMar mixing up his offense with some post-ups drawing the and-1 on Felton and a couple of drives. He is starting to become really crafty with his footwork when he backs down his man from that pinch post and it showed when he drew the foul on Felton. A lot of times players would turn with the wrong foot pivoting forward when they should reverse pivot and they’d have a bad angle at the backboard or rim for the shot (Blake Griffin is huge offender of this), but DeMar kind of did a crab dribble and managed to cleanly drain the shot that was nothing but net. The change of pace going from slow-to-fast to get the last shot in the first quarter was nice too.

- Lowry came up huge in closing time offensively AND defensively. Still shaking my head how he got blocked by old geezer Kidd, but he made that TOUGH runner against Chandler. It was great use of his body to protect that and great arc on the shot. And getting right up on Melo’s grill on the 3-point attempt forcing him to shoot back iron gave the Raptors the win right there.

- Ball movement was infinitely better tonight with not a whole lot of sticky fingers holding onto the ball and standing around. But those dribble hand-offs with the exchange of the big-to-guard looks like it’s about to turn into a turnover. The bigs need to hold onto that ball tighter and firmly forcing the guard to rip the ball out of their hands. None of this soft ish because the Knicks knocked the ball loose too many times.

I like how they’re using Lowry in those horn sets similar to how the Spurs use Tony Parker; bring the ball up, pass off to the left wing, cut strong side then set a staggered screen to free either Rudy or DeMar from the corner come up as a decoy for the catch-and-shoot but instead they’ll have Lowry curling back to receive the ball and make a play. I know it’s nothing fancy and most offense do the same thing, but it’s better use of talent than forcing Lowry to camp in the corner and wait for the kick-out to relieve pressure.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,532

Post#170 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 am

Props to Amir Johnson that guy should be on an All NBA defence team.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#171 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 am

Beardman wrote:
Left Side Drive wrote:Can someone tell me why Rudy Gay is so popular on twitter? He has 700k - 800k followers. Way more than any other Raptor player or Grizzlie player for that matter.

What's so interesting about Gay for him to have that many followers ? :o I bet you its mostly chicks that think he's hot.

You may be right though I'm not going to go look through the type of people who are following him. Still though he had like 700k even before he was a Raptor. Rudy must be damn likable which is good because he would bring a lot of exposure to Toronto. Pretty sure outside fans catch a few of our games just to see him play. 8-)
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#172 » by Jermaine OBosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 am

Inevitable wrote:
GP2 wrote:I don't expect a whole lot from Telfair (after all, we traded Haddadi to get him), but I think he can give more stability to the second unit. Lucas is pretty erratic, but a fantastic shooter when open. He holds the ball way too long though. Hopefully Telfair can remedy that if Casey gives him any burn.

Fact: We have 3 PGs. None of them are over 6 feet. Lowry is listed at 6 feet but I seriously doubt it.

At least with Telfair on instead of Lucas that's one less guy that needs the ball, expect him to give Bargnani some looks.

Not just Bargnani, JV will also get some looks.
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#173 » by Raps Militia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 am

C_Money wrote:Props to Amir Johnson that guy should be on an All NBA defence team.

You can't say that, after this game, where he hasn't absolutely DEFENDED!
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#174 » by ballislife » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 am

Tough Tony D wrote:Damn Isola really went at Bargs....

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Who cares.. we won!! Let him talk all he wants.

But on a serious note... I actually feel bad for Bargs. I think his value is going to plummet when it comes to the offseason. We should've traded for Boozer when we had the chance.
Totem
Analyst
And1: 3,161

Post#175 » by Totem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 am

I like that one play where they have both lowry/lucas and amir set a double screen on the right side for rudy and have amir reset in the middle when lowry/lucas fades to the corner.
Product of TZ
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#176 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 am

LeBronNextMJ wrote:Come on man, Gay's alright and I'm starting to like his game more, but you're seriously telling me Gay is better than Melo? If it was your money on the line and you had to take Melo or Gay to start a franchise I think you would take Melo.

obviously Melo is the better player but I don't think its by much because Gay is the superior defender but Melo has a better offensive repertoire and is better at creating his own shot.[/quote]

+1

Melo is better than Gay but the gap is much smaller than what most people think. For all the offense Melo brings, he is very bad defensively and he showed it tonight. What the point of scoring 32 points if you constantly give up more of defense?

Gay is not as good offensively, but he can play quality defense and we saw that numerous times tonight; Did Melo even score one bucket against Gay?
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#177 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Lowry and Gay are the future of the franchise. Derozan went MIA in the second half

That's demar's routine.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#178 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

SFour wrote:Raps are beating some good teams...sure they lost to Memphis but you cant win them all.

Knicks aren't a good team, they are being exposed for the frauds they are expect them to drop all the way down in the standings by next week
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#179 » by PRESTIGE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

Illuminati_ wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Lowry and Gay are the future of the franchise. Derozan went MIA in the second half

That's demar's routine.

Not every player is going to play great every game, this is something that happens with every team. DeMar was good in some of the other games and filled the void when Rudy was cold. As long as one of them steps up along with Lowry its all good.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Re: PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you! 

Post#180 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

Dinosaur team!

Return to Toronto Raptors