ImageImageImageImageImage

When will Jonas Valanciunas play in the 4th?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

xprt
Sixth Man
And1: 69

Re: When will Jonas Valanciunas play in the 4th? 

Post#41 » by xprt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Inevitable wrote:Amir is our best all-round big man right now, in a close game down the stretch it is clear he doesn't want Val to blow crucial assignments or turn the ball over from just inexperience being a rookie big man. I guarantee possibly by the end of the year or starting next year Val will be closing games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHePRwxwYY[/youtube]

And how should he prove he wont blow it out if he doesnt get a chance?
Dr Mufasa wrote:I believe Jonas will be one of the biggest draft busts of all time.To me he's an unathletic Javale McGee.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Re: When will Jonas Valanciunas play in the 4th? 

Post#42 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

xprt wrote:
Inevitable wrote:Amir is our best all-round big man right now, in a close game down the stretch it is clear he doesn't want Val to blow crucial assignments or turn the ball over from just inexperience being a rookie big man. I guarantee possibly by the end of the year or starting next year Val will be closing games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHePRwxwYY[/youtube]

And how should he prove he wont blow it out if he doesnt get a chance?

Obviously a one game sample won't prove he's ready or not, and on the other hand I am for having him on down the stretch but at this point it is clear Casey is going with Amir as the more experienced big man on the court.

Another aspect to this is most teams now are closing with 4 smalls and one big anyways and many starting C's don't close games too often it is usually the 4 man playing minutes at the 5 so it's also a matchup issue if you have JV guarding a 4 man.

Return to Toronto Raptors