ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Hawks@Bucks 8:30/Heat@Sixers 7:30 GT-Discussion

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Re: OT: Hawks@Bucks 8:30/Heat@Sixers 7:30 GT-Discussion 

Post#321 » by DHK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:11 am

DG88 wrote:I was following the boxscore at work and I just got home to see that Atlanta just barely won. I thought the Bucks who had a decent lead were going to pull it out. Damn I'm really starting to believe that we can make the playoffs.

Still a bit skeptical. If we win the next two, and Bucks get crushed in the texas road trip and we go 1-1 against Indiana/Milwaukee, count me on this bandwagon.
3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Post#322 » by 3thomas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 am

If we can make the play offs that would be fantastic, not just because we have not been there in 5 yrs, but also because we would have to be really good to win back so many games after the horrible 4-19 start.

More importantly if we do we get our pick back (I know its not a strong draft) but that pick can be extremely valuable to us if we need to land that last big piece via a trade, or ship a bad contract out. It would open up so many doors for us.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#323 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 am

3thomas wrote:If we can make the play offs that would be fantastic, not just because we have not been there in 5 yrs, but also because we would have to be really good to win back so many games after the horrible 4-19 start.

More importantly if we do we get our pick back (I know its not a strong draft) but that pick can be extremely valuable to us if we need to land that last big piece via a trade, or ship a bad contract out. It would open up so many doors for us.

That would be the best thing for us, a draft day deal of Bargnani + 15th pick opens up the door for us as far as trades go.

But what PF in the NBA do we wan't?? Josh smith, paul milsap, Varajeo, david west, boozer, in that order imo. That package couldn't get us the 1st two. Maybe Varajeo.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#324 » by Inevitable » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:12 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
3thomas wrote:If we can make the play offs that would be fantastic, not just because we have not been there in 5 yrs, but also because we would have to be really good to win back so many games after the horrible 4-19 start.

That would be the best thing for us, a draft day deal of Bargnani + 15th pick opens up the door for us as far as trades go.

But what PF in the NBA do we wan't?? Josh smith, paul milsap, Varajeo, david west, boozer, in that order imo. That package couldn't get us the 1st two. Maybe Varajeo.

This is the worst draft in years, Bargnani plus the pick is like negative value.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#325 » by DHK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:

Josh Smith is signing with some team with cap space.
Millsap is likely doing so as well.
David West isnt going anywhere, he's the key to their success with George.
Boozer - it's already been discussed.
Varaejao - It would be highway robbery and BC should get a 3 year extension if he managed to pry Varaejao for Bargs + Pick
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#326 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:07 am

So what pf is a realistic target???

We could prolly ship fields + pick for a better contract and then go after boozer to even out the #s for everyone...

In Raptor Ball I Trust
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#327 » by 720 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:So what pf is a realistic target???

We could prolly ship fields + pick for a better contract and then go after boozer to even out the #s for everyone...

Honesty, i think our only shot is maybe ilyasova or boozer, Both contracts are wtf worthy and mlse doesn't seem like it care's about the lux tax.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#328 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:22 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:So what pf is a realistic target???

I like Bennett (trading up for him), Mitchell (at 15), or Saric (at 15) as PF options rather than any expensive PF options out there.

Return to Toronto Raptors