ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#601 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 pm

jman3134 wrote:
How do you know he is a fanboy? Seems like he is just addressing an obvious point. Who wants to constantly revel in negativity all the time?

Bargs fans! They continue to defend and cheer on a loser, and get upset when he is finally getting called out for his lack of effort. The booing isn't a big deal. They need to keep things in perspective, get back to reality, get a new hero, and get over it.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#602 » by Merit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Posted this in another thread:

I understand that Bargnani is "an enigma" with questionable effort. I booed him when he was playing poorly in games both last season and in games earlier this season. This was to demonstrate to the owners that I was displeased with the status quo. However, I'm a Raps fan first and a Bargnani hater a distant second. Colangelo deserves some of the blame here for the way his situation was handled in the media.

Andrea hasn't been traded and is still a Raptor. While we don't have to like that he doesn't rebound well, we should do what's in the best interest of the team winning. Sure, feel disappointed if he misses a bucket, but booing is weak sauce. I feel like some of you haters have never played a team sport. You're not going to like every player on your team, but at the end of the day they're still on YOUR TEAM. You have their back until they're no longer with you.

It's a simple concept really. Support Bargnani while he's here. Cheer when he plays well. Be the bigger man. When he improves and gets traded - boo him mercilessly. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

*edited for emphasis.
I believe in Masai.
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#603 » by CBC_Raptor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:09 pm

First of all, I never liked Bargnani but I have a policy about booing our own team. I've voiced my opinion on this subject as far back as I can remember.

How dumb did it look in the past when we booed our players even before the game starts during the player introductions? Chris Bosh was asked by management in his rookie year to apologize to fans in his criticism of the irrational booing. He was right actually in his comments but of course we must be sensitive to the feelings of the fans even if they are doing something that detracts to the performance of the team. It's going to be fun to see when the fans turn on Lowry. We pretty much boo every former player that's left to almost eternity (many are reasons perceived rather than factual). How about attending a game where a Raptors team fought back from behind to win a game only to be booed off because they didn't get pizza for the fans? It's cardboard pizza pizza anyways so why? Toronto Raptors fans don't realize they look stupid to players and non-Canadian broadcasters/viewers.

I can't wait till we boo out our talented players out of town while we worship our mediocre players that are merely just cheerleaders and do a couple of dives into the sidelines getting the ball or taking a couple charges.

We can do better as fans if we want to but I haven't seen much improvement. Fans were excused as the Raptors were new in back in 2005. It's almost 20 years now in the NBA and we are still bush league. We are nowhere close to being the great fans we think we are.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#604 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:11 pm

CBC_Raptor wrote:First of all, I never like Bargnani but I have a policy about booing our own team. I've voiced my opinion on this subject as far back as I can remember.

How dumb did it look in the past when we booed our players even before the game starts during the player introductions. Chris Bosh was asked by management in his rookie year to apologize to fans in his criticism of the irrational booing. He was right actually in his comments but of course we must be sensitive to the feelings of the fans even if they are doing something that detracts to the performance of the team. It's going to be fun to see when the fans turn on Lowry. We pretty much boo every former player that's left to almost eternity (many are reasons perceived rather than factual). How about attending a game where a Raptors team fought back from behind to win a game only to be booed off because they didn't get pizza for the fans? It's cardboard pizza pizza anyways so why? Toronto Raptors fans don't realize they look stupid to players and non-Canadian broadcasters/viewers.

I can't wait till we boo out our talented players out of town while we worship our mediocre players that are merely just cheerleaders and do a couple of dives into the sidelines getting the ball or taking a couple charges.

We can do better as fans if we want to but I haven't seen much improvement. Fans were excused as the Raptors were new in back in 2005. It's almost 20 years now in the NBA and we are still bush league. We are nowhere close to being the great fans we think we are.

Bargnani is not a talented player. He is being booed because he's garbage and being treated like he's a star. He needs to get out. It's time to move on.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#605 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
jman3134 wrote:
How do you know he is a fanboy? Seems like he is just addressing an obvious point. Who wants to constantly revel in negativity all the time?

Bargs fans! They continue to defend and cheer on a loser, and get upset when he is finally getting called out for his lack of effort. The booing isn't a big deal. They need to keep things in perspective, get back to reality, get a new hero, and get over it.

Yes, you keep saying that, but are not making any sense. Troll much? I'm not even a Raptors fan.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#606 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm

The top three scorers in Raps history are all booed by the fan base. Good luck DeMar, and please it could bu Ugly when it's Rudy Gay's turn. It's not gonna be a good look when the fans finally turn on him. And it's just a matter of time, he makes max money, is not worth it (few are) and is a volume shooter with noted flaws. It's just a matter of time.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#607 » by Yeezus_ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Casey needs some blame here.

Bargnani could thrive in a 6th man role. He should be getting touches in the low post when the second unit is on. I dont remember the last time we had a play run for him. Get him some touches. I feel more comfortable with him shooting a mid post shot than Anderson.
Yeezy SZN approaching
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#608 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:The top three scorers in Raps history are all booed by the fan base. Good luck DeMar, and please it could bu Ugly when it's Rudy Gay's turn. It's not gonna be a good look when the fans finally turn on him. And it's just a matter of time, he makes max money, is not worth it (few are) and is a volume shooter with noted flaws. It's just a matter of time.

All 3 of them bailed on the Raptors on bad terms....let's not forget that.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#609 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

jman3134 wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
jman3134 wrote:

Yes, you keep saying that, but are not making any sense. Troll much? I'm not even a Raptors fan.

That's probably the best way to avoid being mired in negativity!! Really though, that's the point of his fanbois? The guy isn't trying, and fans don't want to see him on the floor. They want him gone, and making it clear that is what needs to happen. Of course that will have to wait till the off season, but given the GM's history, the point needs to be made right to the final buzzer on the Raps season that this guy needs to go. Can you imagine how awful this guy must be for things to get to this point?

The only reason why this is a big deal is because Raps fans tend not to boo their own players. Like others have said, had he been playing in a more knowledgeable sports city, he'd be eaten alive years ago. I mean who is this guy? He doesn't deserve this sort of privilege. It isn't extended to anyone else. The fanbois just need to get over it. They've had their time with him for 7 years. Time to take him and their excuse making some other place. Preferably in Europe!
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#610 » by wolfv » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:The top three scorers in Raps history are all booed by the fan base. Good luck DeMar, and please it could bu Ugly when it's Rudy Gay's turn. It's not gonna be a good look when the fans finally turn on him. And it's just a matter of time, he makes max money, is not worth it (few are) and is a volume shooter with noted flaws. It's just a matter of time.

It's all about effort. Bargs has been criticized for years for his lack of effort/heart/whatever you want to call it. I'm sure Gay will eventually get some boo birds with his 10-25 shooting performances, but he'll bring it in other areas. Bargnani rarely ever does. It's so easy to get cheers from the Toronto crowd - you just have to play hard. This is so silly that he can't do that
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#611 » by CBC_Raptor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:Bargnani is not a talented player. He is being booed because he's garbage and being treated like he's a star. He needs to get out. It's time to move on.

Look, I never wanted Bargnani drafted and knew what we see now was likely to happen in terms of his performance. When I was asking to put pressure on Colangelo, nobody gave a damn and now it's too late. To me, it seemed that most fans kept having high expectations for him so who's fault is that? So my point in raising this is that I have every reason to boo Bargnani yet I understand in-game it serves no purpose. Never did and never will if you want the team to have a chance at winning a game with fan assistance.

Fact of the matter is that booing in general for your team disrupts the flow of things when you can help to uplift a team. The funny thing is that when the team needs a boost, the fans are quiet. Yet only vocal when they are displeased or following the obnoxious fans out there like sheep.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#612 » by hillbilly hare » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

But Bosh and Vince weren't booed while they were playing here and playing with passion. That's a problem in Andrea's case, as he's put up a lot of points but he's rarely seemed to play with passion. I'll just repeat that his lack of passion and toughness and effort has always been there, but it's more evident now that he's surrounded by some hard-working professionals like Kyle and Rudy, and guys who don't have the natural physical gifts but who work hard with what they have, like Amir, and guys who seem to want to improve their games and take more advantage of their natural gifts, like Demar.

If a guy is going to get booed, I hope it's because he's not playing as hard as he could, which means he's cheating both his teammates and the fans. As to Demar or Rudy or Kyle, I would understand booing them if one day they give up on the team.
Loopy
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#613 » by Loopy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Obviously booing him all the time is not productive.

For the Leafs, booing Ron Wilson was the final straw in being relieved as head coach. Now things are looking up. According to some here, fans should just mindlessly cheer. You gotta find some middle ground.

Question: What is the appropriate way for fans to voice their displeasure about the team/personnel?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#614 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Maybe fire Colangelo chants like the Knicks fans' "Fire Dolan" every year?
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#615 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:30 pm

jman3134 wrote:Maybe fire Colangelo chants like the Knicks fans' "Fire Dolan" every year?

And then posters will start whining about that and how it won't accomplish anything either, it's a distraction, blah blah. The bottom line is the BC Bargs fanbois love the status quo. That's their real problem. No one should be listening to these guys.
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#616 » by load management » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

No dice. Bargs can suck it.
**** the Tony Brothers
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#617 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Jim Lahey wrote:
I seriously think Bargnani can be a threat on this team. And I do AGREE with you that a fire needs to be lit under his ass but it's PATHETIC as fans that we don't try at least one more time to help this guy. I think it's a mental problem for Bargnani and if it is mental, booing and negative jeers WILL NOT help his game. This guy is an X factor for us if we want to make the playoffs. Hold Bargnani's accountable, constructive criticism. YES coddling him was a bad idea but we can't change the past, but we can change the present. But booing isn't going to help, it's going to make things worse. The quicker people realize this, the better.

I'd imagine you're in the minority. It's been 7 years and you still think he's going to turn it around? Every other team would have gotten rid of this guy already. It's a travesty that we still have him but even more concerning that there are fans who still expect that he is going to start playing well our of the blue.
Romaniano
Banned User
And1: 611

Post#618 » by Romaniano » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Let's feel sorry for a guy making $10M a year.. yes folks, that's 10,000,000 a year to shoot 37% FG 17% from 3, average 2 points, 0 rebounds in 5 games.

I am sure more than half of the posters here could average those if we were given 17 minutes on the court / game.

You're right, I won't just boo him if I'm at the game.

I WILL DOWNRIGHT HECKLE THE **** OUT OF HIM
LRJ
General Manager
And1: 40,676

Post#619 » by LRJ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

The rest of the league already has a pretty negative view of Raptors fans and this just makes our fans seem even more classless. Seriously, how will booing help Bargs or the team? Its just hurting him even more and his lack of production his hurting the team.

turbozone.ca
Tortiglioni
Starter
And1: 3,945

Post#620 » by Tortiglioni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

When you **** in your bed, you have to clean up the mess. Colangelo has been sleeping with soiled sheets for seven years. Presumably, the fans are tired of sniffing his ****.

Return to Toronto Raptors