ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#501 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Jakay wrote:
Chandler Bing wrote:How do Brian Scalabrine, Matt Bonner, Aaron Gray, and Jason Collins hustle?

And how have those guys ever even touched Bargs career numbers in a single season? Wtf is your point.

"Wtf" do their career numbers have to do with you said? If those unathletic trunks can hustle their butts off, so can Bargnani.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#502 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Chandler Bing wrote:
Jakay wrote:
Chandler Bing wrote:How do Brian Scalabrine, Matt Bonner, Aaron Gray, and Jason Collins hustle?

And how have those guys ever even touched Bargs career numbers in a single season? Wtf is your point.

"Wtf" do their career numbers have to do with you said? If those unathletic trunks can hustle their butts off, so can Bargnani.

And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Not the same person, turns out.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#503 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

rocket2981 wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:Why wouldn't we boo him at this point? 7 years of wasted hope on a player who shows no effort and is actually shattering records for rebounding inability. The guy said our team is the worst in the league when we weren't. All I can see is that he is probably the worst rotation player in the nba at this point. Like how sad is it that Val is already more polished than him?

Because you are hurting the TEAM. It's obvious to me, how can you don't understand that?

The team has played better since the booing. It'd be just as logical, if not more, to suggest the team is actually playing better because of the booing. Raps fans should turn the booing up even more!
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#504 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Jakay wrote:

Oops, maybe that's why the guy is being defended so much? Cuz not everyone on that list is like the other.

:lol: :lol: Good edit... But things are becoming clearer now anyways.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#505 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Jakay wrote:And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Yeah, I get all those guys white. Not the same person, turns out.

And i'm not the one who implied that Bargnani can't hustle like others due to a lack of athleticism. Bargnani doesn't hustle because it's not something that comes to him naturally. Whether he is lazy or not, it's a mental limitation.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#506 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
Jakay wrote:

Oops, maybe that's why the guy is being defended so much? Cuz not everyone on that list is like the other.

Yeah, it's almost like that list is just a bunch of random players who don't even play like each other even, and don't add up to any sort of point whatsoever in the face of "Bargs doesn't have a good motor, obviously, OBVIOUSLY".

OBVIOUSLY
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#507 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm

What to do if the team is losing and causing you pain and suffering? Even laboratory rats know the answer to this one--avoid the pain. Don't go to games, don't watch on TV, don't buy or wear the team logo. Stop wasting time on internet forums. Toronto isn't some marginal market. MLSE has deep pockets. Not maximizing their revenues is their problem and concern.

Having said that, I keep following the Raptors because 1) I love basketball, 2) I think they have the pieces to be very good 3) as athletic as they are, they are super fun to watch. By contrast, I stopped watching the Leafs years ago. Won't bother watching them again unless they get very deep into the playoffs. It's really not that complicated...

Local_NG_Idiot wrote:While I sit the fence on the subject of whether a fan base should boo, I keep wondering how a fan base can express displeasure over the product on the court, ice, field, etc...

Do you not buy tickets? Well, no revenue means owners do not have the necessary amount of money to pay for top tier talent.
Do you write the organization? How many of those types of letters, emails, tweets, etc make it to the decisions makers?

The majority of the casual and semi-casual fan is only the experience of the game for entertainment and that is where they can express whatever emotions the game allows them to. So is Bargs the current focal point for anger and sorrow based on BC's deception of promoting him as the team's saviour? You bet.

BTW, great read on how a fan base (or a fan) feels about their team.

http://thenumerati.net/?postID=818&being-a-sports-fan-religion-or-addiction

Needless to say, I try to manage my addiction by maximizing the pleasure, minimizing the pain, and reducing my emotional vulnerability. (Odysseus attempted something similar when he had sailors tie him to the mast so that he could pass the island of the Sirens and enjoy their songs without succumbing to their sorcery.) I would argue that I resist not only to reduce suffering, but also as a matter of pride: When a business successfully manipulates my emotions and desires, I feel like a loser.
“The North Remembers"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#508 » by Headliner » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
rocket2981 wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:Why wouldn't we boo him at this point? 7 years of wasted hope on a player who shows no effort and is actually shattering records for rebounding inability. The guy said our team is the worst in the league when we weren't. All I can see is that he is probably the worst rotation player in the nba at this point. Like how sad is it that Val is already more polished than him?

Because you are hurting the TEAM. It's obvious to me, how can you don't understand that?

The team has played better since the booing. It'd be just as logical, if not more, to suggest the team is actually playing better because of the booing. Raps fans should turn the booing up even more!

That's the stupidest thing i've read today.
Thanks, it can only go up from here.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#509 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Jakay wrote:Yeah, it's almost like that list is just a bunch of random players who don't even play like each other even, and don't add up to any sort of point whatsoever in the face of "Bargs doesn't have a good motor, obviously, OBVIOUSLY".

OBVIOUSLY

This list is made up of players who are big and even less athletic than Bargnani. Yet they manage to hustle just fine.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#510 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Chandler Bing wrote:
Jakay wrote:And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Yeah, I get all those guys white. Not the same person, turns out.

And i'm not the one who implied that Bargnani can't hustle like others due to a lack of athleticism. Bargnani doesn't hustle because it's not something that comes to him naturally. Whether he is lazy or not, it's a mental limitation.

And Jason Collins plays so much lie Gray or Bonner, the comparison only naturally lends itself.

You guys just cannot see that Bargs cannot play with the explosive athleticism you want to see. Is it frustrating? Yes, of course it is.

You guys saying he doesn't try should try stepping out on the court against even regular collegiate athletes, and film yourselves playing. Then I'll tell you you didn't try.

Then I'll boo you.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#511 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 pm

rocket2981 wrote:

Not at all. If you realize how much better we are with him off the floor, it's appalling. He said we are the worst team in the NBA. Well he must really be horrible then, because he's by far our worst player that actually sees the floor. If he had heart he'd come back with more effort, not game after game without a rebound. It doesn't hurt our team. I'd rather have Amir, Val, Gay, Fields, Anderson or even Acy getting his minutes at this point. We sub him out for wings and our rebounding gets better. How many 7 footers can you say that about? It's sad how fans support a guy that said he was on the worst team in the league just this season. Saying that hurts the TEAM. That's a really crappy team mate to me. Adding to this, we got to see them play at a playoff level without him. Shut him down, guy is a lost cause and likely a head case at this point. He needs to play with KG or something.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#512 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Jakay wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Jakay wrote:

Yeah, it's almost like that list is just a bunch of random players who don't even play like each other even, and don't add up to any sort of point whatsoever in the face of "Bargs doesn't have a good motor, obviously, OBVIOUSLY".

OBVIOUSLY

Meh, you know what you edited out of your post, and the only reason for defending the guy was what was edited. It's weird, that's why you saw, when the list wasn't was what you thought it was, and what's more, those guys show far more hustle with far less athleticism and tools than this guy. He was a number 1 pick! No he's not Blake Griffin, but stop pretending this guy is handicapped or something.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#513 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Jakay wrote:And Jason Collins plays so much lie Gray or Bonner, the comparison only naturally lends itself.

You guys just cannot see that Bargs cannot play with the explosive athleticism you want to see. Is it frustrating? Yes, of course it is.

You guys saying he doesn't try should try stepping out on the court against even regular collegiate athletes, and film yourselves playing. Then I'll tell you you didn't try.

Then I'll boo you.

That's a wonderful story.
TRaps1040
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#514 » by TRaps1040 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 pm

dagger wrote:
Beardman wrote:I'd rather here this from someone like Amir or DD than a guy who hasn't had to endure all the painful years.

Amir is Bargnani's buddy, and he's the ultimate team guy. You insult him by even inferring he wouldn't support what Kyle is saying. These guys all want to win, they are building up momentum, and the fans should have one concern: The playoff push.

Don't talk about the painful years like you are unwilling to leave them behind. And by the way, I've probably had more f'n'k'g painful years watching this team, I've probably been suffering with them since before you were born. Now that the tide may be turning, I'm not interested in dwelling on those miserable nights in March and April when nobody wanted to go to a Raptors game with me, for free. I'm enjoying the fact that lots of people want to go see this team.

Oh man, this is it. end of thread.

booing OUR guys isn't cool. And it definitely isn't cool with anyone on the raps. Your favourite raptor doesn't even know who you are. They are with bargs every single day and he is a TEAMMATE. If you wouldn't want to admit to Amir, Ross, Demar, Lowry, that you are the one booing - you should't be booing.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#515 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Headliner wrote:
That's the stupidest thing i've read today.
Thanks, it can only go up from here.

Of course it's stupid. It's just as stupid however, as suggesting that the boos are negatively impacting the team. The boos are serving one purpose. To make it clear that this guy must go, and given the history, it doesn't matter the trade deadline has passed. The fans must make it clear he must NOT be back next season. He can't be booed after the regular season because there will be no games left to boo this guy!
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Chandler Bing wrote:
Jakay wrote:And Jason Collins plays so much lie Gray or Bonner, the comparison only naturally lends itself.

Then I'll boo you.

That's a wonderful story.

You're a wonderful person.
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#517 » by Raps Militia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Good job Kyle!
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#518 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:[
Meh, you know what you edited out of your post, and the only reason for defending the guy was what was edited. It's weird, that's why you saw, when the list wasn't was what you thought it was, and what's more, those guys show far more hustle with far less athleticism and tools than this guy. He was a number 1 pick! No he's not Blake Griffin, but stop pretending this guy is handicapped or something.

No, the only reason I retracted that one statement but left the others was because I realized I was wrong on that one point. It happens. Turns out only five out of the six guys were white. Can't believe I missed that what with the two Collins boys being so relevant to the league.

But if you'd like to use that one point to negate everything else I said you go do that, which you have already.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#519 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Perhaps his poor play is negatively impacting the team---which predates the booing by fans this season.

His play off the bench in this recent stretch has been nothing short of shameful. He's being outplayed by our entire bench unit by guys who have a 1/4 of his talent.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#520 » by Rapsalot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Mods please lock this post mods please lock this post

My KLow asking for fans not to boo gets locked but this one stays? Is this the PC police?!

A I was supportive of KLow and even agreed to not Boo as he wish but proposed a counter way to be supportive and just disagree with OP. Is this not a board to debate key points of the team? did KL not come out with a communication for fans? So that makes it a key point in Raptorland

Are you afraid that fans might start to support the team with Jog jog jog!

Return to Toronto Raptors