ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#521 » by Komodo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Jakay wrote:And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Not the same person, turns out.

Can you clarify? Are you saying Bargs is not as capable of hustling compared to someone like Bonner? How is that even remotely true?
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,892

Post#522 » by Agimat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 pm

A player who plays for this team tell us to stop and you guys will still keep on booing well goodluck with that lol
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#523 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

sanity wrote:Perhaps his poor play is negatively impacting the team---which predates the booing by fans this season.

His play off the bench in this recent stretch has been nothing short of shameful. He's being outplayed by our entire bench unit by guys who have a 1/4 of his talent.

Reason has NO PLACE ON THIS BOARD! NONE!
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#524 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Komodo wrote:
Jakay wrote:And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Can you clarify? Are you saying Bargs is not as capable of hustling compared to someone like Bonner? How is that even remotely true?

I don't understand that notion either. Consider Bryant or James in terms of their efforts and they provide as much of it (if not more) as any roleplayer/benchplayer.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#525 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Komodo wrote:

YES THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING!

Jesus, are you all blind? He literally cannot move like that. That's not gonna change. Why does Bonner even come into this discussion?! Bargs is also not as athletic as Javale McGee or Chase Budinger!
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#526 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:47 pm

sanity wrote:Perhaps his poor play is negatively impacting the team---which predates the booing by fans this season.

His play off the bench in this recent stretch has been nothing short of shameful. He's being outplayed by our entire bench unit by guys who have a 1/4 of his talent.

You hit the nail on the head pal. Nail on the head.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#527 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Jakay wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:[
Meh, you know what you edited out of your post, and the only reason for defending the guy was what was edited. It's weird, that's why you saw, when the list wasn't was what you thought it was, and what's more, those guys show far more hustle with far less athleticism and tools than this guy. He was a number 1 pick! No he's not Blake Griffin, but stop pretending this guy is handicapped or something.

No, the only reason I retracted that one statement but left the others was because I realized I was wrong on that one point. It happens. Turns out only five out of the six guys were white. Can't believe I missed that what with the two Collins boys being so relevant to the league.

But if you'd like to use that one point to negate everything else I said you go do that, which you have already.

Why was that even a point? What does that have to do with anything?
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#528 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
Jakay wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:[
Meh, you know what you edited out of your post, and the only reason for defending the guy was what was edited. It's weird, that's why you saw, when the list wasn't was what you thought it was, and what's more, those guys show far more hustle with far less athleticism and tools than this guy. He was a number 1 pick! No he's not Blake Griffin, but stop pretending this guy is handicapped or something.

No, the only reason I retracted that one statement but left the others was because I realized I was wrong on that one point. It happens. Turns out only five out of the six guys were white. Can't believe I missed that what with the two Collins boys being so relevant to the league.

But if you'd like to use that one point to negate everything else I said you go do that, which you have already.

Why was that even a point? What does that have to do with anything?

Kettle, pot.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#529 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Jakay wrote:
Komodo wrote:

Jesus, are you all blind? He literally cannot move like that. That's not gonna change. Why does Bonner even come into this discussion?! Bargs is also not as athletic as Javale McGee or Chase Budinger!

Is he more athletic than a zombie? That's what he moves and looks like out there.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#530 » by J-Roc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Geddy wrote:Wait wait are we sure they were really booing him or were they saying "Boo-argnani! Boo-argnani!"?

Let's tweet Kyle and tell him it's our Canadian accent, eh.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#531 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Jakay wrote:
Kettle, pot.

SMH, I'd avoid that too. It's probably for the best anyways.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#532 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Jakay wrote:
Komodo wrote:

Wait I don't understand. Are you saying, we shouldn't boo him because it's not in his genetic make up to hustle and he's not physically capable of it? Wow I have never been more amazed at a statement on the Raptor board. That says a lot. This is coming from a guy who was a Bargs supporter from the day he was drafted up til he said our team sucked this year.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#533 » by Volcano » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Jakay wrote:
Komodo wrote:

I don't know if you're sarcastic or not, but that's a BS argument to anyone who has eyes. You're insulting the intelligence level of these 14 year olds.

I don't need Bargnani to rebound, but I do need him to focus and stick with the proper defensive rotations, move his feet, fight for position, set screens, box-out, bend his waist to pick up a ball at his feet, stand in-bounds instead of watching out-of-bounds on a loose ball play.

In fact, Bargnani has shown good to great effort in MANY games. Then there are games where he's just plain lazy. So yes, it's about effort..and then there's his work ethic.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#534 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Jakay wrote:
Komodo wrote:

Bargs is less athletic than Bonner... The reason behind Bargs not hustling isn't his athleticism, it's the fact, that he's lazy and has no heart.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#535 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Jakay wrote:
Guy Smiley wrote:
I just find it amusing the whole dynamics of this situation.

I have never been a big supporter of booing and have somewhat weakly rallied against the booing of former players that made significant contributions. However, I can fully understand the frustration and somewhat desire to voice the displeasure for IL MAGO's poor attitude.

No more excuses. He is exactly the type of player you don't want spoiling the team.

Says the typical Toronto fan who is "too good" for the team they support.

Here's a thought... Bargs is here for the rest of the year, why not... oh I don't know... just for kicks... hope he does well?

What are you talking about? "too good" for the team?

Yes, I'm frustrated, disappointed and generally discouraged by the overall performance of IL MAGO but that would put me in the same company as the majority of sports fans of a struggling franchise with a grossly underachieving "star" player. Included in that group disheartened stakeholders I think I can safely say Bryan Colangelo is one of them.

There is no need for me to bash IL MAGO anymore because his level of play and attitude speak for themselves. Without improvement he needs to be removed from the team and once again this is the same sentiment coming from the front office. His biggest supporter has told him to step up so it is not even debateable.

As for the booing, I'm sitting on the fence. Fans are voicing their displeasure which is understandable. With that said I can also understand why a teammate might find the need to publicly rally behind his fallen leader.

What happened to the chipper, always witty Jakay? I think these troubled times in Raptorland are getting to you old friend.
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#536 » by Zebsterama » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 pm

A generality, but Toronto fans - in all the major sports - just need to see effort.

That's it - JUST SHOW ME YOU'RE TRYING, and all is forgiven.

I've been a Bargs apologist, my kids have his jersey --- I just need to see him give a cr*p - that's it.

I'm saddened to say, right now, I just don't see it. When he left the game yesterday, sat on the bench, and pulled on his sweat top over his jersey, all I could think of in my head was -- "It doesn't look like he's even broken a sweat."

Someone needs to have a "courageous" conversation with him; as sad as it looks on the fans, I would argue his level of effort is borderline unprofessional. It sucks - but that's why (and he needs to understand) he get's booed.

I don't like it, but I totally understand it.

Just my 2 cents.
niaz555
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#537 » by niaz555 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm

I always loved Bargnani. But after what I saw yesterday. I was sitting row 5 behind the backboard. The guy does not even try to get the ball. Atleast make an effort. Missing shots is part of the game, thats fine. But shouldn't be booed. Shouldve done the boozer deal imo, perfect fit for our team.
On a separate point. I cant believe there are posters here who hate rudy gay, how? Coming up with a new hatred thread everyday. F that.
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,275

Post#538 » by orbesnet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm

The day I see bargs dive on the floor for a loose ball, take a hard foul/charge or attack with aggression is the day I'll believe he's trying... not saying I haven't seen it before, just not this season.

No amount of coddling has proven effective, people gotta be able to overcome adversity in life, millionaire or not - grow a pair.
Pascal to the future.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#539 » by Jakay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Volcano wrote:I don't know if you're sarcastic or not, but that's a BS argument to anyone who has eyes. You're insulting the intelligence level of these 14 year olds.

I don't need Bargnani to rebound, but I do need him to focus and stick with the proper defensive rotations, move his feet, fight for position, set screens, box-out, bend his waist to pick up a ball at his feet, stand in-bounds instead of watching out-of-bounds on a loose ball play.

In fact, Bargnani has shown good to great effort in MANY games. Then there are games where he's just plain lazy. So yes, it's about effort..and then there's his work ethic.

That's more like it. Yes, effort within his capabilities... sure. But he's actually tried the last few games given that he's not getting the ball to score, not getting plays called for him, and is basically scoring off garbage shots. Or not scoring, more aptly. All while returning from injury. It's just a stupid time to boo him, especially now that the trade deadline has passed. And it coincides with his worst production ever, NOT SURPRISINGLY.

That's all.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#540 » by TorontoRapture » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 pm

To boo, or not to boo: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of a Bargs misfortune,
Or to take arms against his sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To boo: to boo;
No more; and by boo to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That a fan is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.

All this RealGM in-fighting and name-calling, will not change the fact that thousands of fans in attendance will continue to voice their collective pleasure and displeasure. Whether we agree with it or not. Winning or not. Right or wrong as it may be.

Return to Toronto Raptors