ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#61 » by Beardman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 am

Southward1 wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:I think Bargs deserves boos, but then again its probably bad timing when the rest of the team is delivering.

This, who cares if the fans boo Bargnani, they're disgruntled customers sharing their opinion. My problem is its a distraction for the rest of the team, especially when they're winning.

This makes the most sense so far, never saw it from this perspective till now.
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#62 » by kplooksafterme » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 am

Who cares if Lowry hasn't been here as long as other players? Judge the content on the content. Lowry is bang on here, the amount of booing Bargs is getting is ridiculous. People booing him before he even gets to play a possession is ridiculous.

The guy hasn't bad-mouthed the city, or been disruptive in the locker-room. He just isn't as good as the contract he was offered. How many people booing him would turn down a raise they didn't deserve?

Not to mention if they actually want him out of the city booing him does nothing but lower his value and increase the likelihood that he'll be here next year as well.

Fans who boo irrationally are morons. It always boils down to them wanting to express their emotions without considering what will actually help the team win. It's petty and short-sighted.
RaptorGuy
Senior
And1: 3

Post#63 » by RaptorGuy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 am

C_Money wrote:If you want people to stop booing then stop checking Bargnani into the game.

Go get some fresh air and go away.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#64 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 am

More than that, it is a poor reflection on the city in general. (which it shouldn't be considering you guys have some of the best fans in the NBA)
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#65 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 am

Bargnani works hard. Stop booing....... :D He's working hard to be the best in the world.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gICpeoeBc[/youtube]
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#66 » by ThatClockWork » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 am

I've been one of his biggest critics for YEARS. I am switching it up. He won't gain any confidence while the whole fan base is against him. I am going to support Andrea Bargnani as long as he is in a Raptor uniform.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#67 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 am

COY0607 wrote:i dont care what he does off the court, or what he does when hes a free agent... he mailed in games, just didn't care at all, id rather he had asked out but give it his all on the court

Ya, he's mailed in games, and so have others on this team or we'd not be 10 games under .500. Not everyone brings it like Amir every night.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#68 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 am

Your Toronto Raptors fans:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze3hthGRbRo[/youtube]
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#69 » by bballsparkin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 am

Too Late Crew wrote:I bet you if Bargs drew a charge and dove on a loose ball people would cheer him. Toronto fans love guys who TRY even if they suck like Reggie Evans.

Bargs has the power to stop the boos. He just doesn't care enough to do it.

And is he magically going to change his ways? Many of us foolishly hoped so but it's apparent he won't. So why bother booing when the team is playing well?
ecksplicit
Pro Prospect
And1: 490

Post#70 » by ecksplicit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:When will we stop equating emotionless to lack of effort. Tonite's box score for Andrea had way more to do with the our team, the players and how hes used rather than any lack of effort some may want to believe...

I understand that he got 0 points because of limited touches. I recall one of his shots being a forced shot with a second left on the clock because of Lucas dribbling the shot clock away. But there is no excuse for him to get ZERO boards in 13 minutes of action. For the season Bargs is averaging less than 4 rebounds a game (meaning he can't even average one rebound per quarter). LOWRY is averaging more boards, in slightly less minutes to boot. He doesn't have the natural ability for tracking down the ball but you can't deny that with his size that if he were to exert himself more he could get more rebounds. He's freakin' 7 feet tall for crying out loud. His stat line had zeroes across the board tonight. His help defense is horrendous, we all know this. You can't tell us that he's merely being emotionless.

Now, I will credit him for playing pretty good defense today. Just understand that when fans express their disappointment with Bargs that they are fully justified.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#71 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 am

dagger wrote:
COY0607 wrote:
Beardman wrote:I'd rather here this from someone like Amir or DD than a guy who hasn't had to endure all the painful years.

yeah he doesn't know what bargnani has put this fanbase through...

Yeah, like he went to Miami to play with Lebron, or insulted us on Twitter, or was out partying in a downtown bar when he was supposed to be sick, or like he ever complained about Toronto, about the fans, about Customs, about Canada, about taxes, about French on cereal boxes, about the restaurants...

He hasn't put you through JACK SQUAT, buddy.

And the time he complained about the metric system, that he likes drugs more than basketball, when he challenged the coach to a fight, and answered a question with "ball".
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,602

Post#72 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

Its not about the contract its about the lazy attitude that pisses everybody off. Nobody boos Amir when he puts up 0 points because he works his a$$ off.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#73 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:I think Bargs deserves boos, but then again its probably bad timing when the rest of the team is delivering.

Meh, with Barfs fanboys, it's been 7 years of 'not now', 'give him time', 'he'll get it together'... Enough already with this goofball.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#74 » by Mack11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 am

bargnani has been playing professional basketball since he was 15 or 16, in a arguably more hostile environment which is the euro league. Hes gettin paid big time to be a big time player and the reason hes stinking it up is cause his feelings are hurt?

well the rock says he can wipe a monkeys anus with his feelings
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#75 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

The best way for any player to avoid being booed is to start playing with more passion and effort. Fans can recognize a player who's just going through the motions. I don't ever remember JYD, Amir, Reggie Evans or several other players like them getting booed.

That said, I've never booed a player that has played for my team in any sport, but I can fully understand why it happens.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#76 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

ecksplicit wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:When will we stop equating emotionless to lack of effort. Tonite's box score for Andrea had way more to do with the our team, the players and how hes used rather than any lack of effort some may want to believe...

I understand that he got 0 points because of limited touches. I recall one of his shots being a forced shot with a second left on the clock because of Lucas dribbling the shot clock away. But there is no excuse for him to get ZERO boards in 13 minutes of action. For the season Bargs is averaging less than 4 rebounds a game (meaning he can't even average one rebound per quarter). LOWRY is averaging more boards, in slightly less minutes to boot. He doesn't have the natural ability for tracking down the ball but you can't deny that with his size that if he were to exert himself more he could get more rebounds. He's freakin' 7 feet tall for crying out loud. His stat line had zeroes across the board tonight. His help defense is horrendous, we all know this. You can't tell us that he's merely being emotionless.

Now, I will credit him for playing pretty good defense today. Just understand that when fans express their disappointment with Bargs that they are fully justified.

Look, he was never benched due to his lack of rebounding. Is that his fault?
Colangelo damaged him. The boos should be on Colangelo.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,760

Post#77 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

I love how people are saying that this is a Toronto problem, as if Bargnani wouldn't be booed in EVERY OTHER arena in the league.

Give me a break, fans are done. You can't change that.

It's on the player/team to figure it out.
RaptorGuy
Senior
And1: 3

Post#78 » by RaptorGuy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 am

Death Knight wrote:Bargnani works hard. Stop booing....... :D He's working hard to be the best in the world.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gICpeoeBc[/youtube]

I'm so @$%@ tired of reading your crap. I get it, you hate him. He's gone in the summer. We are making a push for the playoffs and all this booing crap brings a real negative environment within the team - affecting everyone, not just Bargnani.

Some fans have to realize this very point. If you want the team to do well, make the playoffs -- STOP with all this booing. It says a lot when Lowry needs to address it on twitter (publicly) It's becoming a distraction in the locker room and amongst the players. We have some of the ____ fans in the NBA (you fill in the blank)
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#79 » by MaliBrah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 am

makes up for all the time we've been pampering him
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#80 » by Geddy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

Wouldn't most players who get booed use it as motivation to play better? Why are we assuming that exposing Bargnani to some boos is somehow going to shatter his psyche?
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually

Return to Toronto Raptors