ImageImageImageImageImage

Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (Updated designs on p. 7)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

N1QUE24
Banned User
And1: 288

Re: Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (Updated p. 5) 

Post#81 » by N1QUE24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 am

Saying its bad doesn't really help me though. If perhaps you expanded on why you thought it was bad that at least would give me a sense of understanding and something to work with. I appreciate you looking though, thanks.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#82 » by Parataxis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:That would be a great logo....if the Raptors were a football team.

Sorry.

Reminds me of the Carolina Hurricane.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Re: (Updated) Case Study: Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (v1 

Post#83 » by TorontoRapture » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 am

N1QUE24 wrote:Went in a completely different direction, good/bad please let me know:

I hope you don't mind, but I took about five minutes and messed with your design on-the-fly. It's rough 'cause I didn't put any effort into it, but this is what I did:

I know it looks bad, but it's something.
N1QUE24
Banned User

Post#84 » by N1QUE24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 am

No worries TR, I like the addition of the basketball! I think if we put the eyes on the head of a Raptor it would look pretty badass which was what whysoserious recommended.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#85 » by pspot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm

its got potential, maybe not as the primary logo but its definitely marketable

what about a third jersey with just TO
and the O is that or something similar
nm
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Re: (Updated!) Rebranding the Toronto Raptors (v1.2) 

Post#86 » by hankscorpioLA » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:21 pm

BIG match wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:Bad.

Dude STFU.

Is it really so f*cking hard to show a little class? The guy worked hard on this and is willing to expose his work to comment and criticism.

Its just as easy to type something that isn't completely disrespectful and dismissive as it is to type what you did.

I also thinks its bad, you yourself said hes willing to expose his work to comment and criticism and buddy gave his opinion. Maybe you shouldnt be such a sensative girl. Youre acting like he told the guy to give up on life, he said he thinks its bad, relax

I didn't realize that wanting people to treat each other with some respect and some class was a "sensitive girl" thing.

But hey...what was I thinking right? Respect and class clearly don't belong on this forum any more.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
goodjoey
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Post#87 » by goodjoey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
BIG match wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
Dude STFU.

Is it really so f*cking hard to show a little class? The guy worked hard on this and is willing to expose his work to comment and criticism.

Its just as easy to type something that isn't completely disrespectful and dismissive as it is to type what you did.

I also thinks its bad, you yourself said hes willing to expose his work to comment and criticism and buddy gave his opinion. Maybe you shouldnt be such a sensative girl. Youre acting like he told the guy to give up on life, he said he thinks its bad, relax

I didn't realize that wanting people to treat each other with some respect and some class was a "sensitive girl" thing.

But hey...what was I thinking right? Respect and class clearly don't belong on this forum any more.

i agree Hank, its like all of a sudden its "cool" to be curt and impolite. People feel like they are allowed to be as ignorant and dismissive as they want because they hide behind an avatar and a username.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#88 » by LascelleL » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

TorontoRapture wrote:
N1QUE24 wrote:Went in a completely different direction, good/bad please let me know:

I hope you don't mind, but I took about five minutes and messed with your design on-the-fly. It's rough 'cause I didn't put any effort into it, but this is what I did:

That looks like Spider-Man....
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#89 » by pspot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

LascelleL wrote:
TorontoRapture wrote:

after smoking one
nm
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#90 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

1st one kind of reminds me of Golden Eye
TheRealBlizzy
Banned User
And1: 478

Post#91 » by TheRealBlizzy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 pm

goodjoey wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
BIG match wrote:

i agree Hank, its like all of a sudden its "cool" to be curt and impolite. People feel like they are allowed to be as ignorant and dismissive as they want because they hide behind an avatar and a username.

lol people think we are saying these logo's are ugly only because we can hide behind a username? Dude come bring me your mock-up's on paper ill show you to your face how ugly it is too.

THIS IS A FREAKING NBA TEAM. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SORT OF COMMON SENSE? LOOK AT THAT LOGO AND TELL ME IT DESERVES ANY THOUGHT OF BEING ON THE FRONT OF AN NBA JERSEY THAT I WOULD PAY $120+ FOR? LOL. NO DISRESPECT BUT COME ON NOW...

Yes you people are too sensitive, this is a forum, there were threads considering the rebrand and this guy decided to make his OWN dedicated thread SPECIFICALLY for his design. Imo, it better be damn good if you have the nerve to make a new thread about it distancing your design from the others in the original thread.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#92 » by hankscorpioLA » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

TheRealBlizzy wrote:
goodjoey wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:

lol people think we are saying these logo's are ugly only because we can hide behind a username? Dude come bring me your mock-up's on paper ill show you to your face how ugly it is too.

THIS IS A FREAKING NBA TEAM. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SORT OF COMMON SENSE? LOOK AT THAT LOGO AND TELL ME IT DESERVES ANY THOUGHT OF BEING ON THE FRONT OF AN NBA JERSEY THAT I WOULD PAY $120+ FOR? LOL. NO DISRESPECT BUT COME ON NOW...

Yes you people are too sensitive, this is a forum, there were threads considering the rebrand and this guy decided to make his OWN dedicated thread SPECIFICALLY for his design. Imo, it better be damn good if you have the nerve to make a new thread about it distancing your design from the others in the original thread.

The difference between respect and disrespect comes down to the difference between typing "I don't like that one" vs. "bad" or "that sucks".

Is that really so hard to do?

Grow the f*ck up.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
N1QUE24
Banned User

Post#93 » by N1QUE24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 pm

TheRealBlizzy wrote:
goodjoey wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:

There was not a single thread on a Raptors rebrand but tons of Huskies rebrands. I think that deserves its own thread no? And I'm not doing this to show off, or force the design on people's throats... but merely to create a healthy discussion on the topic. I've done this time and time again with my personal Raptors mixes I've made, this time is no different. I think you have issues deeply rooted in jealousy, bud.

As someone who's been in art school, it's just general courtesy to constructively criticize someone's work in which they've spent hours on end creating. If you don't like the work, state why you don't like it, otherwise your comment can be taken as rude and insensitive. I can take constructive criticism, by all means lay it out to me - tell me what elements of the logo you didn't like so I can improve upon it but If you just flat out scoff and dismiss it, well you're just being an **** now aren't you?
goodjoey
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Post#94 » by goodjoey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm

TheRealBlizzy wrote:
goodjoey wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:

Okay. I'll come down to the McDonald's where you work to get design advice from the guy that replaces the old oil in the deep fryer? Because that makes sense.

All I was saying is that you wouldn't **** on a strangers hard work if it were in person, no matter how much "COMMON SENSE" you think you have. People aren't just inherently rude to strangers face-to-face, and all I was getting at was that it should be the same on a forum.

Do I like the design? No. Would I buy a jersey with that on it? Probably not. But I love that the OP took some time to design something, to share something, to give us fans something to talk about during this boring offseason.

And to be frank, ballboy, I'll bring my mockups to my art director at MLSE HQ, but thanks for proving my point about hiding behind your "anonymous" username. Telling me to "bring me your mock-up's on paper ill show you to your face how ugly it is too." without telling me who you are, where you live or when to meet is exactly what I mean.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#95 » by TorontoRapture » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 pm

pspot wrote:
LascelleL wrote:
TorontoRapture wrote:I hope you don't mind, but I took about five minutes and messed with your design on-the-fly. It's rough 'cause I didn't put any effort into it, but this is what I did:

after smoking one
:o I didn't even think of that, but you know what? You're right, it does...kind of. lol
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#96 » by BIG match » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm

goodjoey wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
BIG match wrote:

LOL...im not going to further this pissing match. At this rate, someones gonna end up getting their flowers stepped on and im just not ready for that level of confrontation
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 am

Here are a couple Logo ideas I put together that would allow the team to make the "Raptor" look however they want, and infuse a Canadian element to it, while keeping the popular claw as the 2nd logo.

Primary logo:

Centre court logo:

Here it is in 3-D...'cause we know how much MLSE loves putting that on the floor lol.

Last minute add-in...here is how I envision the court looking:

Oh...and the jersey's can stay the same, or they can use the font in the logo instead.

What do you think?
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#98 » by carlosey » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 am

Not bad at all. Going for a classic design. Well done. Ive always liked the font that says Raptors there. Dont understand why they never put that in the jerseys.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by TorontoRapture » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 am

carlosey wrote:Not bad at all. Going for a classic design. Well done. Ive always liked the font that says Raptors there. Dont understand why they never put that in the jerseys.
Thanks so much! I just added the CN Tower and re-uploaded the images in place of the ones you commented on. Wait a minute...are you talking about my design?
N1QUE24
Banned User

Post#100 » by N1QUE24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 am

Well done man, looks really good!

Return to Toronto Raptors