ImageImageImageImageImage

Ball streams

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RAPS1234
Sophomore
And1: 18

Ball streams 

Post#1 » by RAPS1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone is using Ball streams to watch the Rapors games. They sent me an invitation to sign up. $55 for 6 months is not too bad. They say there won't be any blackouts. Is it legit? Anyone has any comment? Thanks.
DemarDerozan
Junior
And1: 37

Re: Ball streams 

Post#2 » by DemarDerozan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Don't think I would trust a site that profits by resubmitting NBA content live. If the NBA were to find out (and they will) you won't be seeing any of that $$ back.
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#3 » by HSOB SIRHC » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Others seem to like it. You'll find more info on it in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1273464&start=360
Credit to Turbozone
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#4 » by Clementine9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

There is information in the League Pass thread but maybe this needs its own thread. I'm using ballstreams. I bought a year subscription. It's awesome so far, I love it. There are no blackouts, they didn't even say they were going to do it but apparently they're playing all of Wiggins' games, which was such a nice surprise. They also include international tournaments (if there are any) during the offseason, NBA all-star weekend, and NCAA Final Four (but I have this weird feeling they'll be showing a lot more of the tournament than that).

Regarding DemarDerozan's comments. From what I understand they operate in a country (I believe the Netherlands) that legally allows them to stream the content they do. The deliberately operate out of this particular country for that reason. Also, they have a refund policy so read that and even save it somewhere if you're worried

Try getting your money back from League Pass, now that's fun.

It's good to verify that it's not just some random site that's going to steal your money but it's probably more legit than League Pass, which has next to no customer service and has to trick people into paying for their service based on charging them after free trials are over.
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#5 » by Hero » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:22 pm

How much bandwidth does it use if you're watching it in HD? Anyone have any idea? Would someone need unlimited bandwidth to use it?
Clementine9
RealGM

Post#6 » by Clementine9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Hero wrote:How much bandwidth does it use if you're watching it in HD? Anyone have any idea? Would someone need unlimited bandwidth to use it?

Actually that's a good point! The downside is limited options for quality (in my opinion). The options are either high quality (3200 kbps) or low quality (800 kbps). So at high quality it's 1.4GB per hour. So expect 3+GB per game.
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
SpiderMunn
Starter
And1: 5,506

Post#7 » by SpiderMunn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 pm

I've been using ballstreams since the preseason, and it has been fantastic.
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#8 » by supra2k8 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Hero wrote:How much bandwidth does it use if you're watching it in HD? Anyone have any idea? Would someone need unlimited bandwidth to use it?

I will get back to you on the bandwidth, since I have unlimited, I haven't bothered to look at it, but last year I had NBA league pass and from what I remember 1 full HD game was approx 3gigs.

@OP, I bought the 1 year BS's for $89.99, I'm not too worried about their closing down, like Clementine9 said, they operate from Netherlands for a reason. NBA can't do much against them since it's legal for them to do what they are doing. Also they have been streaming NFL games I believe for years and nothing has happened to them.

My only problem with them so far is, sometimes the streams load 3-4x in a span of 1 minute but only for a few seconds but it does start back where it left off, so you won't miss any action. I haven't tried it on a lower resolution since they only offer Low 800kbps and HD 3200kbps. There are times when it only happens like 3-4 x in the entire game. NBA league pass was worse in that regards, they game would become choppy like it was 240p resolution video at times and way too many blackouts.

Ballstreams is like a version of NBA league pass where real basketball fans made all the changes they want. You can go back to even the preseason and watch any game in full/condensed or just highlights. The PVR mode allows you to skip 10 to 30minutes, and I believe the on demand games there is an option to skip commercials whenever you want or watch it like it was live.

Also they have great support, there is a person (MOD) in the chat box all the time that can see everyones chat no matter what game you are watching and they reply right away if there is a problem.
RAPS1234
Sophomore

Post#9 » by RAPS1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks guys. I will subscribe I think. I sometimes cannot watch the live games and can start watching when the game is over. How fast is the replay of the game available on the site?
Clementine9
RealGM

Post#10 » by Clementine9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm

supra2k8 wrote:
Ballstreams is like a version of NBA league pass where real basketball fans made all the changes they want.

That whole post was good but I think that sentence sums it up nicely. It's the service League Pass likes to sell itself as, but it actually provides that service.

I like to promote Ballstreams on here as much as I can when people ask because I hate services like League Pass that overcharge for a service they barely deliver (blackouts, connection issues, no customer service).
Clementine9
RealGM

Post#11 » by Clementine9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:48 pm

RAPS1234 wrote:Thanks guys. I will subscribe I think. I sometimes cannot watch the live games and can start watching when the game is over. How fast is the replay of the game available on the site?

I don't have exact times but it seems to be pretty soon after. I think I've watched games within an hour of them finishing but it could be as low as like 15 minutes.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#12 » by Hero » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm thinking I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Switching to Techsavvy next month most likely so it seems like it would be best to get unlimited. Have to figure out what speed as well.
Clementine9
RealGM

Post#13 » by Clementine9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Hero wrote:I'm thinking I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Switching to Techsavvy next month most likely so it seems like it would be best to get unlimited. Have to figure out what speed as well.

If unlimited is affordable for you, I just switched to it 2 months ago and it's amazing how nice it is not to have to think about bandwidth. That's not really a ballstreams comment, I just recommend it if you can find it for a decent price haha.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#14 » by Avenger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Clementine9 wrote:
Regarding DemarDerozan's comments. From what I understand they operate in a country (I believe the Netherlands) that legally allows them to stream the content they do. The deliberately operate out of this particular country for that reason. Also, they have a refund policy so read that and even save it somewhere if you're worried

Highly doubt that's the case but even if it were its still illegal where you live to watch the NBA using non NBA streams. Not saying you shouldn't it BTW, but there are plenty of free illegal streams out there, not sure it makes to pay for it.
supra2k8
Starter

Post#15 » by supra2k8 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 pm

RAPS1234 wrote:Thanks guys. I will subscribe I think. I sometimes cannot watch the live games and can start watching when the game is over. How fast is the replay of the game available on the site?

I can usually watch the games live but what I do is wait approx 30 minutes on purpose then select the PVR flash and click the option "watch from the beginning" instead of watch live, that way I can skip every commercial including the 15min half time. This way I don't have to rush to watch the game live or wait for the commercials.
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Post#16 » by Vorticity » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Hero wrote:I'm thinking I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Switching to Techsavvy next month most likely so it seems like it would be best to get unlimited. Have to figure out what speed as well.

TekSavvy is one of the location options, so when you pick that one it customizes the speed for TekSavvy users
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
RAPS1234
Sophomore

Post#17 » by RAPS1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 pm

supra2k8 wrote:

I can usually watch the games live but what I do is wait approx 30 minutes on purpose then select the PVR flash and click the option "watch from the beginning" instead of watch live, that way I can skip every commercial including the 15min half time. This way I don't have to rush to watch the game live or wait for the commercials.

Great. This is exactly what I wanted. I don't have 2.5 hours every day to watch it live. If I could watch it in 1 hour or 1 hour and half, it would be perfect.
supra2k8
Starter

Post#18 » by supra2k8 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Both Rogers and Bell offer unlimited service now, I believe you only have to pay $10 extra per month to switch.

Avenger wrote:Highly doubt that's the case but even if it were its still illegal where you live to watch the NBA using non NBA streams. Not saying you shouldn't it BTW, but there are plenty of free illegal streams out there, not sure it makes to pay for it.

Both are illegal to watch where we live, but those other streams don't come close to it, it's like watching a 240p youtube video vs a 720p. The streams that are higher in quality are way too laggy and choppy. For me $89.99 for 1 year is worth it.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#19 » by JV4MVP » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I use it and it has been great

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#20 » by Spacing » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 pm

FWIW, If it is legal in Netherlands does not make it legal to use their service here.

It just means that they can't be charged in the Netherlands but can still be charged in an international court or better yet, an American court - if Netherlands has extradition laws to US.

Return to Toronto Raptors