ImageImageImageImageImage

Ball streams

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,164

Re: Ball streams 

Post#301 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:26 pm

GED Education wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Is VLC a program or what is it? How do you guys use ballstreams on your TV? I don't wanna spend a bunch of money

VLC is a free download - it's a media player that plays almost all formats and streams. Google it.

If you just want just watch on your PC/Tablet/phone....you just need the Ballstreams sub. I got a year - it's $100 in real money out of your account if you're Canadian.

If you want to watch on your TV, you have options.....connect laptop/tablet/phone to your TV (will cost money if you dont have the cables)....

Roku is about $100 (what I use)

You can also do Chromecast which is $40 or so - I don't find it as good.

Regardless, it's cheaper than cable/Sattelite if all you care about is NBA games.

Oh duh I have VLC. Little pylon icon. And do you need Roku to watch on a computer or can I just use HDMI chords like in usually do? Also how can you stream from VLC? Wasn't even aware that was possible
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
GED Education
General Manager
And1: 9,872

Post#302 » by GED Education » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
GED Education wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Is VLC a program or what is it? How do you guys use ballstreams on your TV? I don't wanna spend a bunch of money

VLC is a free download - it's a media player that plays almost all formats and streams. Google it.

If you just want just watch on your PC/Tablet/phone....you just need the Ballstreams sub. I got a year - it's $100 in real money out of your account if you're Canadian.

If you want to watch on your TV, you have options.....connect laptop/tablet/phone to your TV (will cost money if you dont have the cables)....

Regardless, it's cheaper than cable/Sattelite if all you care about is NBA games.

You can just use the HDMI cables - I just use Roku since they created a Ballstreams app and I use Roku for other media in the home. You don't need it though.
Oh duh I have VLC. Little pylon icon. And do you need Roku to watch on a computer or can I just use HDMI chords like in usually do? Also how can you stream from VLC? Wasn't even aware that was possible
Stupid Quote Hall of Fame:

Hue Durant wrote:demar has no use on this team

James has come back to toronto completely elite.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#303 » by pbj » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:09 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
GED Education wrote:

http://www4.ballstreams.com/support/cat ... er+Windows
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#304 » by Young_Buc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 am

Just got VLC for MAC. Does it only work for Windows with ball streams?

If anyone has any helpful sports sites I can use with VLC, send me a Pm.
GED Education
General Manager
And1: 9,872

Post#305 » by GED Education » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:30 am

Young_Buc wrote:Just got VLC for MAC. Does it only work for Windows with ball streams?

If anyone has any helpful sports sites I can use with VLC, send me a Pm.

the mother of all sports streaming is Smoothstreams/Starstreams/mystreams

Invites generally only come if you know someone. And even then it could take months as membership is limited. The day I get in, I'll invite one member on this forum.
Stupid Quote Hall of Fame:

Hue Durant wrote:demar has no use on this team

James has come back to toronto completely elite.
HBP
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#306 » by HBP » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:04 am

Banjo wrote:
HBP wrote:Friend of mine has been approved but not going to sign up before it expires, here is his direct link (no need to wait for invite)

http://www.ballstreams.com/register/inv ... fdd6e4a4d4

Taken - Thanks!!

(I am converting from LP after 2 years of LP.)

Enjoy it. I used LP for a season, but started up with ballstreams last season and won't look back!
Ballstreams invite referral here: http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/2603

VC15Era
Bench Warmer
And1: 865

Post#307 » by VC15Era » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:01 am

does ballstreams take paypal?
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#308 » by gp2015 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 am

VC15Era wrote:does ballstreams take paypal?

Yes, I had to request it be added but they do have it.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Banjo
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#309 » by Banjo » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:47 am

HBP wrote:
Banjo wrote:
HBP wrote:Friend of mine has been approved but not going to sign up before it expires, here is his direct link (no need to wait for invite)

http://www.ballstreams.com/register/inv ... fdd6e4a4d4

Taken - Thanks!!

(I am converting from LP after 2 years of LP.)

Enjoy it. I used LP for a season, but started up with ballstreams last season and won't look back!

Thanks man! I'm really looking forward to it after trying it for a few min before freezing it until the preseason :D
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#310 » by BigShotBob13 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:09 pm

Quick question for those who have ballstreams. Signed up bc of fiba. It's really been hit or miss. Streams not starting, games getting canceled at tipoff or streams starting a quarter into the game. Find it hard to believe that it's the same service. Any issues during regular season games?

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#311 » by Hero » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:46 pm

BigShotBob13 wrote:Quick question for those who have ballstreams. Signed up bc of fiba. It's really been hit or miss. Streams not starting, games getting canceled at tipoff or streams starting a quarter into the game. Find it hard to believe that it's the same service. Any issues during regular season games?

Nah..in regular season it's very solid. Starts on time or a few minutes before. Ends at the end or sometimes a few mins into sportscenter.
HBP
Freshman

Post#312 » by HBP » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:23 pm

Surprised that's happening with the FIBA games. I haven't watched any on ballstreams since I froze my account a couple months ago and don't want to lose that time. Rest assured, regular season streams are great.

BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#313 » by BigShotBob13 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks for the help! Really surprised after all the reviews I've read here. Service when it runs is way better than LP. I've been on LP for the past two seasons (+Unotelly to avoid blackouts). Quality is a amazing, probably 720p but at 60fps. That's huge for watching games as it's way smoother compared to LP.

It's been hit or miss with FIBA so far but glad it's going to be ok during the regular season.

Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#314 » by pbj » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:10 pm

The FIBA coverage is all extra so I don't really mind that it hasn't been perfect. I paid for the NBA season and I'm glad to get some FIBA games too.

I'm hoping they perfect the Chromecast stuff in particular - it's OK from Android, but there's like a 2min delay which is way too much.
idonk
Junior
And1: 245

Post#315 » by idonk » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:09 pm

DO I still need an invite in order to register? If so, can i get get an invite from someone. much appreciated!
HBP
Freshman

Post#316 » by HBP » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:09 pm

idonk wrote:DO I still need an invite in order to register? If so, can i get get an invite from someone. much appreciated!

PM me your email

protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#317 » by protothe » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:33 am

idonk wrote:DO I still need an invite in order to register? If so, can i get get an invite from someone. much appreciated!

Request an invite..it comes in a couple of hours later.
WhatsMyName
Junior
And1: 332

Post#318 » by WhatsMyName » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:58 pm

cold_cowboy wrote:
Clementine9 wrote:There is information in the League Pass thread but maybe this needs its own thread. I'm using ballstreams. I bought a year subscription. It's awesome so far, I love it. There are no blackouts, they didn't even say they were going to do it but apparently they're playing all of Wiggins' games, which was such a nice surprise. They also include international tournaments (if there are any) during the offseason, NBA all-star weekend, and NCAA Final Four (but I have this weird feeling they'll be showing a lot more of the tournament than that).

Regarding DemarDerozan's comments. From what I understand they operate in a country (I believe the Netherlands) that legally allows them to stream the content they do. The deliberately operate out of this particular country for that reason. Also, they have a refund policy so read that and even save it somewhere if you're worried

Try getting your money back from League Pass, now that's fun.

It's good to verify that it's not just some random site that's going to steal your money but it's probably more legit than League Pass, which has next to no customer service and has to trick people into paying for their service based on charging them after free trials are over.

thanks for the information, looks like i'm switching from league pass to ballstreams.

Wasn't there a ruling of the EU department of justice that forced the dutch government to change their laws so streaming is illegal? I think it was in June or July.

I am really thinking of switching to ballstream after the league raised the price for premium pass to 125€ from 90€ last year for buyers through thailand proxy. Normal price is lowered to about 210€ in my region.

But I still have a little conflict in my head paying a third party to steal/rehost content and giving no money to the league, but worse service for now over 65% more price is getting hard to justify.
Swag
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#319 » by Swag » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:12 am

I recently registered with Ball Streams (spent the last 2 seasons using NBALP) and the quality and service is amazing.

I even took someone's advise above and bought a Roku from BestBuy in order to try out the experience of streaming Ballstream from the Roku device and again, the picture - super HD - was nice.

Although I have to say, when I was using the Roku and watching on demand games from this past season, my game would freeze and "load" and start again and freeze - so frustrating. I just hope it doesnt do this to me when the season starts

I even noticed on my LG Smart TV I was able to use the browser to connect to ballstreams website and stream ondemand games straight from my TV (which I've never be able to do with LP)

To make matters even better, I noticed NBALP prices have gone up, again, while they continue to offer no new services. If you're thinking about getting league pass - I dont think its worth it.
idonk
Junior
And1: 245

Post#320 » by idonk » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:26 pm

HBP wrote:

PM me your email

I do not have the authorization to send PM. is there an alternative method?

Return to Toronto Raptors