yardbarker

Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to Stay a Raptor"

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Morris_Shatford, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007

Post#1 Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to Sta
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 am by SuperBro

Hey if anyone watched last night's BKN's broadcast on league pass or ballstreams you'll know what I'm talking about. The nets announcers talked to Lowry about his pending free agency and quoted Lowry as saying "I love Toronto, I want to stay a raptor. This team is going to be really good in a few years."

Surprise there isn't a thread on this since any time anyone says anything about Toronto, a thread instantly goes up. My views on Lowry is this, he wants to test the FA market and try to get the most money he can. He's 27 and it's his last chance at getting the big contract he wants. He's testing the waters but Toronto is a good option for him. Toronto will give him the money he deserves (management has already said they feel confident they can sign Lowry in the offseason). Also, Lowry is in a good situation here. This is his team and won't be going to the bench on another team so he can shine here. He sees the young talent that we have here, Ross, Val, Derozan, Patpat and Amir that's why he feels we'll be really good when these guys hit their primes. We have great management that wants to win and spend and we have a rockstar GM...................................and Drake. :oops:
SuperBro

Banned User
And1: 4,693

Post#2 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 am by HEDOBALL

He wants to get his quan.
HEDOBALL
Starter
And1: 982

Post#3 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 am by pbj

He went on to say "...money is not important to me. My dad is an oil tycoon and I'll play for free."
pbj

Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#4 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am by RonaldArtest

The guys been balling out of his mind for most the year. If we 're not blowing it up I hope they resign him.
RonaldArtest
Veteran
And1: 1,271

Post#5 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am by RokoLeniUkic

pbj wrote:He went on to say "...money is not important to me. My dad is an oil tycoon and I'll play for free."

That was Exxon Vasquez, not Lowry.

Lowry is from Philly, his family is probably dominating the cheese steak sandwich industry.
RokoLeniUkic

Junior
And1: 373

Post#6 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am by CoachD

No man. Shush. Some pro-tanking mod will lock this up in two minutes, so in the mean time ...

A thread like this will only make the tankers and the Lowry disbelievers say "Well, that's what he's SUPPOSED to say" or ... "That SEALS it, he wants out. He's just trying to save face".

A quote like that should SHUT THE MOUTHS of moronic fans and media who are so butt hurt over past players leaving town that they NATURALLY ASSUME Lowry will follow.

People like to point to

Damon - this was an expansion team going nowhere, and his hero Isiah had just been terminated

Tracy - They SHOULD HAVE negotiated during the season and fixed the damage done by Butch, but they didn't.

Vince - he was struggling to stay healthy, and the fickle fans pressured the team to throw him out with the trash

Bosh - He colluded with LBJ and Wade to pull of the super team. He took less than the Raps would have payed. They didn't have a chance at keeping him, just like LBJ's hometown couldn't keep him.

The difference is, Lowry is happy here, he loves his teammates and his role.

The next time Stein or some hockey puck on the radio says "The Raptors need to trade Lowry before he walks" ... print out that quote from him and staple it to their foreheads.
CoachD

Pro Prospect
And1: 289

Post#7 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am by Spacing

RokoLeniUkic wrote:
pbj wrote:He went on to say "...money is not important to me. My dad is an oil tycoon and I'll play for free."

That was Exxon Vasquez, not Lowry.

Lowry is from Philly, his family is probably dominating the cheese steak sandwich industry.

He's a juicer
mirrornick wrote:wow. I remember the Derrick Williams hype. And now he's traded for Mbahamata
Spacing

Assistant Coach
And1: 2,084

Post#8 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am by Double Helix

Yeah, Fratello talked about this. Reporters are going to continue to spin because they can't believe we'd honestly change direction, and this is one of the times of the year (less than a month before the deadline) when they get a huge number of page hits and retweets.

Masai isn't a part of the old boy's club though. While others are all following one trend, he waits patiently, assesses and sees if there's an opportunity to do something differently. He found that opportunity here based on the team's play and now we're going to add to this and re-sign Lowry.
Double Helix

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,228

Post#9 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am by Jose_Canseco

I'd be happy if we resign him.
Jose_Canseco

Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#10 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:24 am by VC720

Wow, never thought he would say that. Nonetheless sign him only if the price is right.
“Folded hands may conceal a dagger -
Likewise a foe's tears.”
― Thiruvalluvar
VC720

Veteran
And1: 2,468

Post#11 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:26 am by CoachD

VC720 wrote:Wow, never thought he would say that. Nonetheless sign him only if the price is right.

The right price is determined by market. He WILL be offered at LEAST 4 yrs / 40 Mil by 8-10 teams if he gets to free agency and is still unsigned.
CoachD

Pro Prospect

Post#12 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 am by MikeM

Man, just sign the **** guy. He's a great player and he's 27. Not rocket science here. So sick of this tank/treadmill/whatever plan people keep wanting to talk about.

Good player is good. Not old either. Sign player.
MikeM
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,840

Post#13 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 am by J-Roc

"Man, getting a chance to play for Philly, it's a dream come true. I'm just blessed. I'll always have love for Toronto, though. You know, they gave me a chance. I made friends for life there. And those fans deserve a championship."
J-Roc

RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#14 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 am by IMAN5

bring him back on a 3 year deal, let him go when he's 30. i'm good with that.
On the topic of Lebron's Game 1 cramps:
texasholdem wrote:
SniperLocked wrote: Plus, some athletes are just more cramp prone than others, no matter what, and that is a fact.

Yeah but they are in the WNBA.
IMAN5

Head Coach
And1: 2,642

Post#15 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 am by stealthmode

nice find...
stealthmode

Rookie
And1: 1,270

Post#16 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 am by CoachD

IMAN5 wrote:bring him back on a 3 year deal, let him go when he's 30. i'm good with that.

Not going to happen. He will want security, as ANY player would at this stage. He will get offers of 4-6 years. If you lowball at 3, you lose him.
CoachD

Pro Prospect

Post#17 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:31 am by Morris_Shatford

Smokescreen.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Morris_Shatford

Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 762

Post#18 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 am by Chaos Engine

I don't think he'll get huge offers next summer anyways. what team will offer him more than 4 years/40 million anyways?
Chaos Engine
Analyst
And1: 1,181

Post#19 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 am by Beatbox

You also have to consider that no other team has given Lowry free reign but us. He was a backup in Memphis and things got really sour with Dragic in Houston. We are really the first team to completely trust him running the team, and he's delivering.
Beatbox
Veteran
And1: 495

Post#20 Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 am by RaptorsFTL

4 years, 40 mil would be fair value. We get him in his prime. Ten million isn't suffering anyone for a PG of his calibre. It is not like 15 mil of Turkoglu that is difficult to move. 10 million for an all-star PG? I think you are content with that. Depends on what Masai wants. Is he thinking of using Lowry as trade bait to possibly net a top 10 pick and grab Exum through a sign and trade?
RaptorsFTL
Starter
And1: 2,155

Next

Return to Toronto Raptors