ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Theme/T-Shirt Discussion Thread - Sea of White?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Re: Sea Of White. 

Post#141 » by PushDaRock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Yungstar wrote:Damn, was hoping it'd be red - but I know it makes sense as the Wizards away jersey is red. Still fully remember what Richard Jefferson said when we wore red when Nets were in their red away jerseys. Can't have that happen again, lol.

That was incredibly embarrassing getting trolled like that. Whoever came up with that idea needed to get fired.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Re: Playoff Theme/T-Shirt Discussion Thread - Sea of White? 

Post#142 » by JShuttlesworth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I dunno why everyone is hating. The old Raptor logo is dope and the "Northern Uprising" isn't bad. People just want to complain for the hell of it.
Wizdome
Starter
And1: 2,677

Post#143 » by Wizdome » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Personally i like the dino logo, one of my favourite logos in the nba and thats not just because its my favourite team. I don't know know about the motto "Northern Uprising" though. I would of liked a motto that rolls off the tongue and able to be used as a chant in the playoffs but haven't really put much thought into what would be good.

how about "Raptors Nation"? something that would send goosebumps to the opponents we play when they hear our fans screaming this in the arena. I really hope our fans make a huge impact for the team in the playoffs something like a college atmosphere in march madness.
I like you.
overdose
Analyst
And1: 1,506

Post#144 » by overdose » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

I like the "We The North" thing their doing. Very GoT and I can't hate on that lol
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#145 » by TorontoRapture » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Rhythm043 wrote:That's terrible. Dont like it or Northern Uprising. Was that the first slogan they came up with?
Seriously. Did they not know what the definition of uprising is?
So, "Northern" obviously meaning Canada. Canada rebelling against what? The US? That's what we need...to turn things politically anti-USA, instead of keeping it about supporting the team, that is full of Americans. pfft smh.

I miss Purple Fever. It was hype. We bled that colour in the playoffs.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#146 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Last time something like this was attempted didn't the sea of red match up with the Net's jerseys or some kind of snafu?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,086
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#147 » by TheDoctor » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 pm

caliraptor wrote:Northern Uprising keeps on reminding me of Northern Touch...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHUZ52Zj1A4[/youtube]

I've always liked that song. Now it's in my head.
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#148 » by pbj » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:Last time something like this was attempted didn't the sea of red match up with the Net's jerseys or some kind of snafu?

Nope

TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,086
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#149 » by TheDoctor » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

I like Northern Uprising on it's own, and even more with the Winterfell tie-in. White makes sense for it.

We've been rising up the NBA ranks after the awful start. Outside of Charlotte, we're the team least expected to be in the playoffs, and got home-court, in the north. So we're an upstart.

To the guy saying a slogan should be chantable? Give me some examples. Most aren't. (Purple Fever? Sea of Red? White Out? Let's Go Red?) Just need a whole lot of Let's Go Raptors.

I don't like the typeface, but it IS better than the Let's Go Red, Let's Go Raptors shirts. I just hope it fits better than those ones did, they were huge and baggy. I prefer the typical free t-shirts they give out. The Drake shirts were a better fit, although I need longer sleeves. But these are a T-shirt anyway.

I WOULDN'T do the alternating sections of colour against the Wizards, because they have stripes on their jersey. :P
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#150 » by TorontoRapture » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 pm

At least with Purple Fever we know we wouldn't look like we're supporting the Lakers, or the Kings. As if we'd face the Kings in the playoffs any time in the near future.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#151 » by theSkinny » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:43 pm

TheDoctor wrote:I like Northern Uprising on it's own, and even more with the Winterfell tie-in. White makes sense for it.

We've been rising up the NBA ranks after the awful start. Outside of Charlotte, we're the team least expected to be in the playoffs, and got home-court, in the north. So we're an upstart.

To the guy saying a slogan should be chantable? Give me some examples. Most aren't. (Purple Fever? Sea of Red? White Out? Let's Go Red?) Just need a whole lot of Let's Go Raptors.

I don't like the typeface, but it IS better than the Let's Go Red, Let's Go Raptors shirts. I just hope it fits better than those ones did, they were huge and baggy. I prefer the typical free t-shirts they give out. The Drake shirts were a better fit, although I need longer sleeves. But these are a T-shirt anyway.

I WOULDN'T do the alternating sections of colour against the Wizards, because they have stripes on their jersey. :P

The blue band negates any worry IMO...
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#152 » by Hassassin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 pm

CoachD wrote:
Huss wrote:For those of you who don't watch/read Game of Thrones, I don't think you understand how popular "The North" is right now. For the first time in our history, we can be proud to be from the North, embrace the north, call ourselves kings of the north, and have a "Northern Uprising."

You have to watch a stupid mythological show with unshowered people having sex and dragons flying around in order to be proud of the fact that you live in the North?

SMH

You forgot incest.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#153 » by Clutch Carter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Should be a sea of classic dino purple.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#154 » by COY0607 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm

TorontoRapture wrote:
Rhythm043 wrote:That's terrible. Dont like it or Northern Uprising. Was that the first slogan they came up with?
Seriously. Did they not know what the definition of uprising is?
So, "Northern" obviously meaning Canada. Canada rebelling against what? The US? That's what we need...to turn things politically anti-USA, instead of keeping it about supporting the team, that is full of Americans. pfft smh.

I miss Purple Fever. It was hype. We bled that colour in the playoffs.

no it makes sense- really put the whole city (and beyond) behind the team.. its not so much canada v us, it basketball markets consistently overlooked v favorites of nba world

also can be interpreted as basketball in toronto - most team overlooked team out of the big 3 in the media vs all other (or atleast the norm or hockey)
coolhandluke150
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#155 » by coolhandluke150 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Is anyone not seeing the Game of Thrones thing going on? The "northern rebellion"? That show is mad popular, and one could easily argue that Canada could be considered "Winterfell". Hell, isn't our main target "King James"?

Problem with this is obviously, things didn't end to well for the house of Stark.

This is definitely a stretch, but that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the promo.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#156 » by COY0607 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm

chuckdevlin wrote:Miami's - done is ms paint. I should be studying -_-

brilliant work my friend- you have a gift
DADDDDY
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#157 » by DADDDDY » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 pm

The sea of red was pretty cool, along with the shirts they provided. The slogan here is weak, I hate rubbing the norther or Canadian in people's faces, the US media is going to have a field day with this.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#158 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
simple_jack wrote:
Otherwise it will just look like Miami's chitty crowd.

We won't be anything like the fans in Miami.

We'll show up on time, stay till the end and cheer and scream from tip off to the final buzzer.

Till Pizza aka 100 points
Read
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#159 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Love all the complains about a free t-shirt.

Most of these bad boys will end up at thrift shops around the city.
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#160 » by theycallmeZZ » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm

theSkinny wrote:I wish it were alternating red and white sections... THAT would look Canadian!

Like this?

Return to Toronto Raptors