ImageImageImageImageImage

Derozan Never Doubted Future with the Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DemarEvolution
Pro Prospect
And1: 918

Re: Derozan Never Doubted Future with the Raptors 

Post#41 » by DemarEvolution » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
DemarEvolution wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:Riding Lebron's coattails and being a third banana is ok I guess.

See this is the weird part, I agree with your statement. But, at the same time we cannot really apply that line of argument. Not every player can be a superstar or the guy - there has to be a supporting cast. I mean if we do use this argument then most of the guys who ever won championships (even highly important ones) didn't really deserve it either.

But Bosh always claimed he wanted to be the man. If you didn't spend a good amount of your career claiming you wanted to be the man, you wouldn't be criticized for accepting championship rings are the third wheel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408893-chris-bosh-wants-to-be-the-man

but, how many of these elite athletes (and I am referring to all NBA basketball players) don't WANT to be the man?
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#42 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 am

DemarEvolution wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
DemarEvolution wrote:
See this is the weird part, I agree with your statement. But, at the same time we cannot really apply that line of argument. Not every player can be a superstar or the guy - there has to be a supporting cast. I mean if we do use this argument then most of the guys who ever won championships (even highly important ones) didn't really deserve it either.

But Bosh always claimed he wanted to be the man. If you didn't spend a good amount of your career claiming you wanted to be the man, you wouldn't be criticized for accepting championship rings are the third wheel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408893-chris-bosh-wants-to-be-the-man

but, how many of these elite athletes (and I am referring to all NBA basketball players) don't WANT to be the man?

Except Bosh had the opportunity to BE the man, which probably more than 75% of nba players don't get to do. He publicly stated that he wants to be the leader, to have his team. Even if he doubted Toronto's FO and went to a team like Houston he still could have been the main star. Instead he decided his best shot at a ring was joining Miami, fully knowing that he'd take a backseat to both Wade and James. The fact is (save for a few moments) he was honestly no more of an impact to them winning rings than guys like Battier and Chalmers, and he won't be remembered for much more than that.
RaptorJ
Banned User
And1: 2,054

Post#43 » by RaptorJ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:He was 7 feet tall with a strong base. He could have tired out Al enough for Val to use his speed on him...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
he's getting like 23 and 15 on us every season, I'm sure Aaron Gray wouldn't have done ****.

He doesn't do as well against bigger players... Look at the stats.

Aaron Gray would start the game with 3 fouls, especially against a playoff opponent.
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#44 » by RedX » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Led Zeppelin wrote:
BloodyNose wrote:
ms25 wrote:One guy who has really impressed is Vasquez, he's one of those guys that can get hot in the playoffs and really help take some pressure off Lowry/DD. We're really a couple of pieces away while keeping the main guys together + experience to be talking about a championship.

the problem with vasquez is if a team has a good defensive pg he is easily neutralized. He can barely dribble it when this happens.

Well that's fine because there's like 8 PG's in the league who are really good defensively and we have one of them in Lowry.

Rondo- Not in the playoffs
Paul- In the west
Westbrook- Ditto
Bledsoe- Ditto
Beverley- Same thing
Conley- West again
Chalmers- Could be an issue
Hill- Same thing

Sean Livingston
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#45 » by Kenyon009 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 pm

RaptorJ wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
Kirby wrote:he's getting like 23 and 15 on us every season, I'm sure Aaron Gray wouldn't have done ****.

He doesn't do as well against bigger players... Look at the stats.

Aaron Gray would start the game with 3 fouls, especially against a playoff opponent.

If you think Hayes is a better match up you're delusional.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#46 » by Blast Tyrant » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 pm

RedX wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:
BloodyNose wrote:the problem with vasquez is if a team has a good defensive pg he is easily neutralized. He can barely dribble it when this happens.

Well that's fine because there's like 8 PG's in the league who are really good defensively and we have one of them in Lowry.

Rondo- Not in the playoffs
Paul- In the west
Westbrook- Ditto
Bledsoe- Ditto
Beverley- Same thing
Conley- West again
Chalmers- Could be an issue
Hill- Same thing

Sean Livingston

He's starting at SG for them. If they try putting him on Vasquez who are they guarding Derozan/Ross with? Deron Williams? I'm willing to let them try that.

Return to Toronto Raptors