ImageImageImageImageImage

Best Amir Johnson Article Ever!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Best Amir Johnson Article Ever! 

Post#1 » by DG88 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:59 pm

It's a long read but it's worth it. This piece was written by Holly MacKenzie and man this is the best written article about Amir I've ever read please take the time to read this

TORONTO -- On the night the Toronto Raptors secured the Atlantic Division title, Amir Johnson was scoreless from the floor in 17 minutes of action. The Raptors clinched in the least climactic way possible: After losing to the New York Knicks, they returned to the locker room to wait for the Atlanta Hawks to defeat the Brooklyn Nets and seal the division title for them.

It was Johnson's first game back in over a week, as the Raptors training staff had convinced him to rest one of his ailing ankles. His performance showed the week off hadn't magically cured his body of the aches and pains that come from a season of punishing it.

Seated in his locker donning a crisp, red "Atlantic is Ours" t-shirt the league had supplied, Johnson was happy. That he'd had one of the worst nights of the season individually meant little to him. Similarly, on those nights when he has been brilliant for a Raptors team that is more dependent upon his dependability than many realize, his own performance isn't what he finds important. What Johnson cares about is sharing success with the other players in the Raptors locker room.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/72 ... t-playoffs
Duke3D
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Re: Best Amir Johnson Article Ever! 

Post#2 » by Duke3D » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Is this going to be the usual Holly love-fest?

I love Amir but Holly is an unpaid PR rep for the players more than a writer.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#3 » by redeye514 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 pm

I love Amir. Favourite Raptor on the team, no questions asked. I was at I Roll with Amir, met him at the Beyonce concert, guy is such a cool humble dude. Keep that in mind when I say that a lot of his "I love Toronto" appearances is very much a marketing ploy to get corporate sponsors. Can't elaborate too much (running out to a meeting) but for those interested can go to Hadi's website talking about how a lot of Amir's apperances were simply to pump his social media base to get sponsors. Of course Hadi is pumping his own tires, I realize, but I'm sure there is some truth behind some of it too.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#4 » by RaptorReloaded » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Demar is the Face. Lowry is the Heart. Amir is the soul. Jonas is the Grit. Ross is the future. Best team in Raptor history.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#5 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Great read, thanks. Amir, Canada's adopted son.
RaptorJ
Banned User
And1: 2,054

Post#6 » by RaptorJ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm surprised you found this over the million articles whining about the Leafs **** season.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#7 » by TheDunc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Amir needs to retire as a raptor!
BangerBrotha
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#8 » by BangerBrotha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Please sign him to a max contract.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran

Post#9 » by RaptorReloaded » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Duke3D wrote:Is this going to be the usual Holly love-fest?

I gather you miss the Fishdick articles of old.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Post#10 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

The day the Raps retire number 15 with his name on it, will be the best day.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran

Post#11 » by RaptorReloaded » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:50 pm

redeye514 wrote:I love Amir. Favourite Raptor on the team, no questions asked. I was at I Roll with Amir, met him at the Beyonce concert, guy is such a cool humble dude. Keep that in mind when I say that a lot of his "I love Toronto" appearances is very much a marketing ploy to get corporate sponsors. Can't elaborate too much (running out to a meeting) but for those interested can go to Hadi's website talking about how a lot of Amir's apperances were simply to pump his social media base to get sponsors. Of course Hadi is pumping his own tires, I realize, but I'm sure there is some truth behind some of it too.

Wasn't Hadi CB4's bish who got left behind when he went to Miami? I know he and Amir worked together a little in his first year but never heard from him after. He reminded me of Irv Gotti. Couldn't help but think he was just leaching of the players for his own bs.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#12 » by Buyaka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

redeye514 wrote:I love Amir. Favourite Raptor on the team, no questions asked. I was at I Roll with Amir, met him at the Beyonce concert, guy is such a cool humble dude. Keep that in mind when I say that a lot of his "I love Toronto" appearances is very much a marketing ploy to get corporate sponsors. Can't elaborate too much (running out to a meeting) but for those interested can go to Hadi's website talking about how a lot of Amir's apperances were simply to pump his social media base to get sponsors. Of course Hadi is pumping his own tires, I realize, but I'm sure there is some truth behind some of it too.

There is nothing wrong with walking the talk, showing genuine love and assimilation, growing a fan base and seeking corporate sponsorship in the process. In fact, if Amir agrees to a "reasonable" extension, MLSE should covertly help him to lure corporate sponsorship, to cover the home town discount, at the very least.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#13 » by cdel00 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:The day the Raps retire number 15 with his name on it, will be the best day.

Agreed! He deserves to be the First jersey!

You want love in T. Then work like Amir.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#14 » by cdel00 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm

RaptorReloaded wrote:

Wasn't Hadi CB4's bish who got left behind when he went to Miami? I know he and Amir worked together a little in his first year but never heard from him after. He reminded me of Irv Gotti. Couldn't help but think he was just leaching of the players for his own bs.

Hadi Is a D Bag leech.

Veezy is a very cool guy.
redeye514
Analyst

Post#15 » by redeye514 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm

RaptorReloaded wrote:

Yeah, same guy. If you go his website, there is a whole section about ho we was behind Amira rise to toronto social media stardom, from the drake cd giveaway to the zombie walk. Hadi makes it sound like he is solely behind The love Amir gets. Like I said, I love Amir regardless and I
Know hadi is pumping his own marketing company, but would be naive if u didn't think there was some truth behind what he says.
Cold Logic
Banned User
And1: 328

Post#16 » by Cold Logic » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:01 pm

I love Amir but that article was kind of boring. Something I would expect reading on a random blog from a fawning fan or a highschool assignment about "my favourite person". Only bit I found interesting was Demar used to look up to Amir back in LA when he was the big man at westminster high.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#17 » by J-Roc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm

It's cool how this guy uses his money the way you think any of us would. Not just jewerly and a nice ride and bottle service.

So what's up with his girl life? He just knocked up some girl, or he has a gf?
Duke3D
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#18 » by Duke3D » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 pm

RaptorReloaded wrote:
Duke3D wrote:Is this going to be the usual Holly love-fest?

I gather you miss the Fishdick articles of old.

Please enlighten us - we need your fish phallus expertise.
redeye514
Analyst

Post#19 » by redeye514 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Buyaka wrote:

There is nothing wrong with walking the talk, showing genuine love and assimilation, growing a fan base and seeking corporate sponsorship in the process. In fact, if Amir agrees to a "reasonable" extension, MLSE should covertly help him to lure corporate sponsorship, to cover the home town discount, at the very least.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it, as a business guy I fully encourage it. Just merely pointing out that some of what Amir does MAY be force fed to him as a means to grow his social following.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#20 » by niQ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

I laughed at the T. Ross part.

He knows everybody in this city," Terrence Ross said. "He knows everything about everyone in this city, he knows everything about the city. He loves Toronto. Loves it. He might be Canadian."

Return to Toronto Raptors