ImageImageImageImageImage

The Toronto Raptors are the #3 Seed in the 2014 NBA Playoffs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

uniballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081

Re: The Toronto Raptors are the #3 Seed in the 2014 NBA Play 

Post#81 » by uniballer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:13 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
uniballer wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Just like the 2006/2007 season, which has been almost identical to this one in terms of success and surprise, it seems it is going to end with a loss to Jason Kidd.

Did someone piss in your cheerios? How are you writing the raptors off before the playoffs have even started?

Writing off? No, it's still just 7 games of basketball, anything can happen.

It's just I (like most people who follow the NBA, I suspect) think the Nets will win. Even though a few of their players are shells of what they used to be, they have far more experience in high intensity games and will get the bulk of the calls in such situations.

I can see why you are saying that. I think people are overlooking coaching and how the nets limped into the playoffs. Whether purposeful or not I think the nets losing all these games before the playoffs will bite them in the ass.
Credit to the great TZ
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#82 » by TheGoodDoctor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 am

"De ja vu" ya ya ya....this is not the same type of team at all and we're gonna re-write history by beating down the Nets with the world to see it. We were not top 10 offensive AND defensive team. We're not reliant on a softie PF and what was considered a "softie euro" core...this far more defensive and deeper team that are gonna put the Nets out in 5-6 games...BOOK IT!
joseph235
Banned User
And1: 1,895

Post#83 » by joseph235 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
uniballer wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Just like the 2006/2007 season, which has been almost identical to this one in terms of success and surprise, it seems it is going to end with a loss to Jason Kidd.

Did someone piss in your cheerios? How are you writing the raptors off before the playoffs have even started?

It's just I (like most people who follow the NBA, I suspect) think the Nets will win. Even though a few of their players are shells of what they used to be, they have far more experience in high intensity games and will get the bulk of the calls in such situations.

All the metrics favor the raps. Anything can happen obviously but I like their chances.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,977

Post#84 » by MEDIC » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 am

I'm much more excited about a Raptors/ Nets series than a Raptors/ Washington series.

Especially because I will be at game 1. 8-)
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
uniballer
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by uniballer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 am

MEDIC wrote:I'm much more excited about a Raptors/ Nets series than a Raptors/ Washington series.

Especially because I will be at game 1. 8-)

BETTER MAKE SOME NOISE. MAKE THOSE OLD MUTHA FUGGAS WANT TO LEAVE THE BUILDING
Credit to the great TZ
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#86 » by FirstInkTDot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:18 am

Raptors vs Brooklyn, time to show the world what we're made of.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#87 » by Young_Buc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 am

This is infuriating what the nets did to play us. WE GOTTA BLAST THEM. Right back to mother russia!!!!!!
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,324

Post#88 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 am

joseph235 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
uniballer wrote:Did someone piss in your cheerios? How are you writing the raptors off before the playoffs have even started?

All the metrics favor the raps. Anything can happen obviously but I like their chances.

Metrics from regular season games, yes. NBA playoffs are an entirely different thing (especially for a team like Brooklyn with the veterans they have).
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,503

Post#89 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 am

The Nets average age is Betty White.
uniballer
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by uniballer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
joseph235 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Writing off? No, it's still just 7 games of basketball, anything can happen.

Metrics from regular season games, yes. NBA playoffs are an entirely different thing (especially for a team like Brooklyn with the veterans they have).

I do agree that inexperience of players could be a problem. But coaching experience in the playoffs is going to be huge and that will be the nets downfall personally.
Credit to the great TZ
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,324

Post#91 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:23 am

uniballer wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
uniballer wrote:Did someone piss in your cheerios? How are you writing the raptors off before the playoffs have even started?

I can see why you are saying that. I think people are overlooking coaching and how the nets limped into the playoffs. Whether purposeful or not I think the nets losing all these games before the playoffs will bite them in the ass.

To win, the Raptors are going to need Lowry to go off (he won't be intimidated by the Nets veterans like DeMar could be) and for the home crowd to get involved to the point that it sways the officiating back the other way. If that home advantage is lost early, I doubt they get it back.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
stealthmode
Starter
And1: 2,596

Post#92 » by stealthmode » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:24 am

Nets wanted us so bad. Let's go to battle!
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#93 » by The Duke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 am

Gotta... Push Push Push
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#94 » by SaveTheHens » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 am

Hey look at it this way; if we were to win a championship in the next few years, what would be a better learning experience? Playing the Wiz/Bobcats & then Pacers, or playing the Nets and then Miami? This series will challenge us to the max but we'll learn a ton from it & if we can keep this core together a lot of organic growth will occur. We gotta unleash Ross because I see him as the X factor who'll respond when Brooklyn's vets get amped up. If we battle hard we should get Miami and that's great practice in case we face them again in a championship run in 2 years.
Tomhomes33
Rookie
And1: 795

Post#95 » by Tomhomes33 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 am

Young_Buc wrote:This is infuriating what the nets did to play us. WE GOTTA BLAST THEM. Right back to mother russia!!!!!!

And we might

Aim just concerned NBA and refs will want heat - nets on TV in 2nd round not Raps-Heat...
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#96 » by Young_Buc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 am

witnessraps wrote:so we went from washington to brooklyn, EXACTLY like in 2006, talk about a deja vu.

Last time we did a de ja vu in the playoffs VC became a man and we blasted the bricks away.
M_Carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#97 » by M_Carter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:26 am

this team has surprised everyone all season long...i believe they will suprrise a lot of people again!
RokoLeniUkic
Senior
And1: 567

Post#98 » by RokoLeniUkic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:27 am

Blah, I don't know why some people are pissed, even if we lose in the first round, I'll still be proud of my team and satisfied with what they brought to their fans this season.

If anything, this "rebuild" will be faster knowing we have a playoff caliber team.

It's like some fans think that the East will get crazy better just because Milwaukee, the 6ers, the Celtics and the Magic will have 4 lottery pick players in an overrated draft.
Rapz
Banned User
And1: 1,191

Post#99 » by Rapz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:27 am

oh man, it will be a very tough playoffs...but entertaining nevertheless...
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#100 » by BloodyNose » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 am

time to **** up the nets

Return to Toronto Raptors