ImageImageImageImageImage

Scouting Report On The Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Re: Scouting Report On The Brooklyn Nets 

Post#21 » by ballislife » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:56 am

This is the best "d" we got against KG... find this woman and get her to distract the sh*t outta KG with dat ass.

But on a serious note... JV is going to show KG that he needs to retire asap.

Fu*k the Nets!
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#22 » by raptor jesus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 am

Nets are long and mobile, and will probably be eager to extend their defense to disrupt our perimeter guys, so we need to attack close outs and move the ball quickly. Although Raps typically rely on perimeter scoring, our boon is the frontcourt; Amir and JV must generate easy buckets.

Defensively, rotations need to be on point because we'll probably have to send double teams Joe Johnson's way at some point, and the Nets can spread you out. Amir needs to pretend that Pierce is Durant, because he looks much more comfortable defending the league's most lethal scorer than old man Pierce. I'd guess that Casey has saved some zone packages for the playoffs, but Kidd, who played under him in Dallas, should be wise to it.

Ultimately, I think it's pretty evenly matched, but when the game's on the line the Nets have more options and weapons to get clutch baskets. I got the Nets in 6, mostly eking out close victories because of that clutch scoring. Hope I am wrong though.
The Business
Junior
And1: 327

Post#23 » by The Business » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
The Business wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:[b]Another advantage for us is that the Nets are bad road team. 16-25 this season.[/b]

Nets were 17-24 on the road when they beat us in the playoffs in 2007. And they had a worse record at 41-41. You can't judge the BKN by their overall record. I would argue their true record starts from Jan 1, 2014. It's the 2nd best in the East behind us.

Also this Nets team is a lot deeper than when Jkid, VC and RJeff beat us. I would argue that all their top heavy talent (Dwill, Pierce, JJ, KG ) are all going to be playing their best ball in the playoffs.

You can't judge a series from 7 years ago with completely different rosters either. The only similarity here is Kidd and Jason Collins on the Nets

Your argument was that an opponent with a bad road record is to the Raptors advantage. I'm pointing to a case where the Raptors were defeated by a lower seeded team with a similarly bad road record.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#24 » by Kenyon009 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 am

We need to play bog against them. Hopefully Casey doesn't try matching their small ball. We should destroy them on the glass if Pierce is at the 4. DeRozan and Ross should also be blowing by Johnsons weak knees and slow lateral quicks. For guys saying garnett is going to be playing cheap, Amir uses a tin of illegal screens as well. Remember when he pulled Kirilenko out of the way for Salmons to get a go ahead layup?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
RxOxP
Junior
And1: 114

Post#25 » by RxOxP » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 am

Raps in 5
ImageRaptors Fan For Life Image

Return to Toronto Raptors