ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Nav made it!!!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Re: OT: Nav made it!!!! 

Post#21 » by Raps Maniac » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
inthecolours wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:He's not a super fan, he's just a super spender.

I know he loves basketball, but he's just as likely to fly to another city and cheer on another team. Like he did both in New Jersey and Orlando.

Oh come on. He's a great guy and clearly a huge Raptors fan. Guy can't be a basketball fan too? Can't believe some people can hate on such a good dude.

Nothing against him as a person, I know nothing about him besides what I see on TV.

I just can't consider a dude that will fly to New Jersey and cheer on Vince Carter a Raptors fan. He clearly loves basketball, but he's not a Raptors superfan.

He's a more of a Raptors superfan than anyone here ever will be tbh. It's easy to say that "if I had the money...i would this... and i would that", but the fact is, it's not easy to get to that position, and once you get to that position, you have other commitments and other things to keep you busy, he takes time out to support the Raptors, and he's been doing it for so long, despite those commitments. Also, $300K is 300k, no matter how much money you have, plus the time is valuable too.

As for visiting other cities for the playoffs, he states he's a BASKETBALL addict. Plus he has close and personal relationships with a lot of the players. What's wrong with supporting those players in the playoffs if the Raptors are out? We all root for a team if the Raptors are out, we still watch the playoffs if the Raptors are out. If anything, this just shows his commitment as a basketball fan even more.

Don't hate, appreciate.
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#22 » by Sojourn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:40 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
inthecolours wrote:

I know he loves basketball, but he's just as likely to fly to another city and cheer on another team. Like he did both in New Jersey and Orlando.

Oh come on. He's a great guy and clearly a huge Raptors fan. Guy can't be a basketball fan too? Can't believe some people can hate on such a good dude.

Nothing against him as a person, I know nothing about him besides what I see on TV.

I just can't consider a dude that will fly to New Jersey and cheer on Vince Carter a Raptors fan. He clearly loves basketball, but he's not a Raptors superfan.

your argument makes zero sense.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

OT: Nav made it!!!! 

Post#23 » by Double Helix » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 am

Fun fact. His courtsides are among the cheapest in the arena and yet he's clearly made amazing use of the visibility to further his own brand by having the best value seats that just so happen to be on the primary angle of the TV cameras.

Leave it to a Hyundai entrepreneur to spot that kind of opportunity and value 10 years ago. Hyundai, the brand, has grown tremendously over the same span. He's a smart businessman. I sit a few rows up from him when I can. Best value in the ACC, IMO. You get all the close up action and the sounds of the game and only have to deal with a few downsides due to the angles.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#24 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 am

Raps Maniac wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:
inthecolours wrote:Oh come on. He's a great guy and clearly a huge Raptors fan. Guy can't be a basketball fan too? Can't believe some people can hate on such a good dude.

He's a more of a Raptors superfan than anyone here ever will be tbh. It's easy to say that "if I had the money...i would this... and i would that", but the fact is, it's not easy to get to that position, and once you get to that position, you have other commitments and other things to keep you busy, he takes time out to support the Raptors, and he's been doing it for so long, despite those commitments. Also, $300K is 300k, no matter how much money you have, plus the time is valuable too.

As for visiting other cities for the playoffs, he states he's a BASKETBALL addict. Plus he has close and personal relationships with a lot of the players. What's wrong with supporting those players in the playoffs if the Raptors are out? We all root for a team if the Raptors are out, we still watch the playoffs if the Raptors are out. If anything, this just shows his commitment as a basketball fan even more.

Don't hate, appreciate.

Like I said, I have nothing against him as a person. He may be a great guy, he may not be. He clearly gives away tons of tickets to other fans so that's a good thing.

I just would never call him a Raptors fan. Just my opinion. He's a basketball fan and that's it.
mancrushoncb4
Junior
And1: 385

Post#25 » by mancrushoncb4 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:48 am

Nav is without a doubt The Raptors best fan. He's a self made multi-millionaire, who can afford the best seats in the building every game. Not only that, but he hasn't ever missed a home game. I can pretty confidently say that, he is probably the only person to ever attend every single home game. This alone puts him in a fraternity, of at the most 30 other people. How many of those other SuperFans like Jack, Spike, Jim Goldstein and others, donate $300,000 worth of tickets to underprivileged community members? This man is so passionate about his team, that he pays for thousands of other people to attend the games with him (over 41 games).

It's one thing to attend all the games and be recognized by the players/opposing players/coaches, but to have friendships with these people shows how great of a man he truly is. Did anyone noticed Nav run across to the other side of the court to talk with a guy sitting in the seats directly diagonal to him after the 3rd quarter? Almost looked like Russel Peters.
Naysorn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,210

Post#26 » by Naysorn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 am

Fan of wrestling, television, and most importantly... your Toronto Raptors.
Naysorn
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by Naysorn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 am

GED Education
General Manager
And1: 9,872

Post#28 » by GED Education » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

Well I supposed everyone is entitled their opinion. I think he's a big Raptors fans - and he shows his spirit all the time. He's a fan that's into the game too - always active behind the net. As for the Vince Carter thing. Completely cool with that too. Sure, the Vince/Raptors ending was messy and all, but I think many people are over that now....no grudges here. In fact, Vince is still a very likable guy.

Don't hate, appreciate.

Like I said, I have nothing against him as a person. He may be a great guy, he may not be. He clearly gives away tons of tickets to other fans so that's a good thing.

I just would never call him a Raptors fan. Just my opinion. He's a basketball fan and that's it.
Stupid Quote Hall of Fame:

Hue Durant wrote:demar has no use on this team

James has come back to toronto completely elite.
GED Education
General Manager

Post#29 » by GED Education » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:

Don't hate, appreciate.

Well I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think he's a big Raptors fans - and he shows his spirit all the time. He's a fan that's into the game too - always active behind the net. As for the Vince Carter thing. Completely cool with that too. Sure, the Vince/Raptors ending was messy and all, but I think many people are over that now....no grudges here. In fact, Vince is still a very likable guy.

Naysorn
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by Naysorn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:56 am

Inevitable wrote:
Naysorn wrote:

What is the referring to?

My bad, I linked the wrong image. I fixed it, though.
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#31 » by Raps Maniac » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:56 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

Don't hate, appreciate.

You would never call him a Raptors fan? LOL that's so beyond ridiculous...I don't even know what to say to that. :lol:
TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#32 » by TANKNATION » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:57 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

Don't hate, appreciate.

ur a raptors fan, correct? then ur a basketball fan.

dude has been a season ticket holder since 1995 and never missed a game & ur saying hes not a raptors fan... lol
:crazy:
GED Education
General Manager

Post#33 » by GED Education » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:59 am

TANKNATION wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:

Don't hate, appreciate.

ur a raptors fan, correct? then ur a basketball fan.

dude has been a season ticket holder since 1995 and never missed a game & ur saying hes not a raptors fan... lol

He's friends with VInce Carter, so he's not a real fan. This his argument. I think I saw the same storyline in Saved by The Bell.

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:59 am

Jesus, I should have just kept my mouth shut.

It's just odd to call the guy a "superfan" when he's just as likely to cheer for the opposing team because he's friends with one of the players or coaches.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#35 » by Sn0wman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 am

ozzykhan16 wrote:
Sn0wman wrote:
ozzykhan16 wrote:
Dude worked really hard for his money, if I had the cash to fly around other cities and watch other teams play I would to, but I'll still a Raps fan. Do you not watch other teams play on TV? If you could in person would you not?

lol ozzykhan :lol: I don't watch other teams play, waste of time imo. Only Raptor games for me and Playoffs

So you didn't watch the playoffs last year?
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#36 » by Matty » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
inthecolours wrote:

Unlike 99% of us Raptor fans, this dude actually has a personal connection to these players, including Vince. He doesn't just know him as a NBA player, but as a person. He can still be friends with Vince and watch his games, who are we to judge?
lemons321
Senior
And1: 208

Post#37 » by lemons321 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 am

Anyone who doesn't consider Nav a Raptors fan is a little bit delusional. Dude has stuck with the Raptors through a lot of bad years. For Christ sakes doesn't he even post on RealGM from time to time?

Also criticizing him for flying to watch Vince Carter in the playoffs is a little rich consider ALMOST EVERYONE on this forum is frothing at the mouth to get Carter back next year to fill Salmons role. Hating on people for liking Carter, and hating on Carter in general is so 2007. No one cares anymore.
thanks Turbo_Zone!
bananaman
Starter
And1: 627

Post#38 » by bananaman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 am

LittleOzzy wrote:

The man attended most of the Raps games during the horrible seasons we've had over the years. He's definitely a Raptors superfan.
Maternal
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#39 » by Maternal » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 am

NiL8r87 wrote:

That's not fair. He clearly gets to know these guys on a level beyond the fan-athlete relationship. It'd be pretty silly if he became friends with VC, watched him get traded and then told VC to **** off cause he wasn't a Raptor anymore.

We're talking sports here not a personal relationship. Be friends with VC, go to NJ and visit him, but cheering for the NETS? Spike is close fiends with Ewing, and I don't recall him flying to Seattle to cheer for Ewing and the Sonics when he got traded there from NY. You don't think Spike knows other NBA players who don't play for the Knicks on a personal level? Give me a break guys. If my brother played in the NBA I'd wish him success but would not be a fan of his team unless he played for us. Nav is a die-hard fan but he's not our spike Lee. On a side note how does he get to know these guys on a personal level? He's not the only season ticket holder sitting court side.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 am

bananaman wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

The man attended most of the Raps games during the horrible seasons we've had over the years. He's definitely a Raptors superfan.

That's something I can agree with. You would have to be a superfan to sit through some of the games he did. Your post actually makes me want to change my tune.

I'll go as far as to say I was wrong, simply based on your post. Thank you. Poor guy sat through some terrible basketball.

Return to Toronto Raptors