ImageImageImageImageImage

Landry Fields [Merged]

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: Landry Fields [Merged] 

Post#121 » by Death Knight » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 am

JediQ wrote:i thought there's a hint of sarcasm on jason kidd's interview. Guy's an ass, as an opponent I don't take his words as it is.

A wife beater being an ass? No way!
CarterDUnk16
Bench Warmer
And1: 125

Post#122 » by CarterDUnk16 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 am

I would like to see Fields start next game while having Ross coming off the bench. Have to find a way to get Ross going.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#123 » by KnickerBonkerz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 am

it makes me so anxious and pissed off thinking about how Fields has rarely gotten any burn, yet when he has he's been more than solid.

He comes in tonight cold, does everything the team was lacking and helped with the run. Iono why Casey didn't use him more even. I'm so worried he's not gonna use him next game. He even hinted in the press conference that he might not use him. I honestly think someone told him to put Fields in. It feels like Casey doesn't like him for w.e reason. Iono whats wrong with Dwane's head but Fields' game is PERFECT for playoff baskeball. Fields should be starting! I'm not getting carried away I firmly believe Fields is that necessary for our success. I know Casey's gonna blow it though and throw Salmons in.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#124 » by Patman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 am

m83588333 wrote:Next game BKN adjusts to Fields. TRoss should come in against Anderson off the bench. Anderson isn't dangerous enough offensively. Its a gimme assignment until Ross gets into the game. Split Amir and JV. One or the other should be on the floor for rebounds. BKN does not rebound

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What's there for them to adjust to? Fields is a defensive player. You don't really adjust to a Tony Allen or Thabo Sefolosha. The main thing that will keep Fields off the floor is if we're not scoring enough, in which case we'll need to sub out Fields for a more offensive player.

You can say that the Nets can play off Fields, but they didn't guard him that closely, and he'll just to the basket if they turn his back on him.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#125 » by Inevitable » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 am

Patman wrote:
m83588333 wrote:Next game BKN adjusts to Fields. TRoss should come in against Anderson off the bench. Anderson isn't dangerous enough offensively. Its a gimme assignment until Ross gets into the game. Split Amir and JV. One or the other should be on the floor for rebounds. BKN does not rebound

What's there for them to adjust to? Fields is a defensive player. You don't really adjust to a Tony Allen or Thabo Sefolosha. The main thing that will keep Fields off the floor is if we're not scoring enough, in which case we'll need to sub out Fields for a more offensive player.

You can say that the Nets can play off Fields, but they didn't guard him that closely, and he'll just to the basket if they turn his back on him.

Yeah I don't know how they will adjust to him. They left him wide open on the perimeter a lot already. I think what they will do is not go to to many set isolation plays for JJ as today but run him off more screens to free him up.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#126 » by m83588333 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 am

During the season Ross needed playing time but Salmons getting minutes over Fields is just wrong.

Using Tapatalk
VC-INJURY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Post#127 » by VC-INJURY » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:it makes me so anxious and pissed off thinking about how Fields has rarely gotten any burn, yet when he has he's been more than solid.

He comes in tonight cold, does everything the team was lacking and helped with the run. Iono why Casey didn't use him more even. I'm so worried he's not gonna use him next game. He even hinted in the press conference that he might not use him. I honestly think someone told him to put Fields in. It feels like Casey doesn't like him for w.e reason. Iono whats wrong with Dwane's head but Fields' game is PERFECT for playoff baskeball. Fields should be starting! I'm not getting carried away I firmly believe Fields is that necessary for our success. I know Casey's gonna blow it though and throw Salmons in.

Please don't tell me you use "Iono" in real life. :nonono:
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#128 » by cammac » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 am

I am very pleased with how Fields played tonight and the question should be why wasn't he getting playing time before. Obviously Casey has been stubborn for the detriment of the team. :crazy:

We need to give Hansbrough burn to irritate KG and Blatche to commit stupid fouls.

Other than that I am pleased the team hasn't played well but we are still in a position to succeed.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#129 » by Indeed » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 am

Fields cannot start with Amir. He will come off the bench with Patterson.
As for Ross/DeRozan/Vasquez, it will depend who got hot. Last game, Ross and Vasquez were cold on the 3 point line, and DeRozan got hot after Anderson was guarding him.
G-UNIT
Senior
And1: 71

Post#130 » by G-UNIT » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:08 pm

lol where are all the fields is a scrub posters?
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#131 » by IMAN5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 pm

the second I saw him come in the game I was screaming for joy. I was outside at the square and was cheering. some dudes beside me were laughing and I told them that fields would be a big difference.

homies gave me props by the end of the night, admit that they were wrong.
instagram.com/510movement
TorontoRaptures
Senior
And1: 119

Post#132 » by TorontoRaptures » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:32 pm

It's embarrassing it took Casey this long to realize they should be playing Fields over Ross and it would have been very helpful to have Fields get more time with the regulars to fit in on offense.
The hate for Fields was never warranted. He has one hole in his game - shooting - and he doesn't force up bad shots.
People seem to hate him because he looks awkward on the court, ignoring all the positives he brings, like rebounding, defence, and moving without the ball on both offence and defence.
I was screaming at the TV in the 3rd when Casey let Derozan get burned play after play by Joe and left Fields on the bench. He almost waited too long to make the obvious switch (even Jack was calling him out - and Jack's a huge homer) and it almost cost us the game.
/RANT
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#133 » by IMAN5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

TorontoRaptures wrote:It's embarrassing it took Casey this long to realize they should be playing Fields over Ross and it would have been very helpful to have Fields get more time with the regulars to fit in on offense.
The hate for Fields was never warranted. He has one hole in his game - shooting - and he doesn't force up bad shots.
People seem to hate him because he looks awkward on the court, ignoring all the positives he brings, like rebounding, defence, and moving without the ball on both offence and defence.
I was screaming at the TV in the 3rd when Casey let Derozan get burned play after play by Joe and left Fields on the bench. He almost waited too long to make the obvious switch (even Jack was calling him out - and Jack's a huge homer) and it almost cost us the game.
/RANT

It's even more embarassing that it took him this long to realize fields is better than salmons.
instagram.com/510movement
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst

Post#134 » by KnickerBonkerz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

VC-INJURY wrote:
KnickerBonkerz wrote:it makes me so anxious and pissed off thinking about how Fields has rarely gotten any burn, yet when he has he's been more than solid.

iono - abbreviation of "I don't know"

Are you asking me if I say "I don't know" in real life? Or if I say things like lmao, rotfl, brb, omg ?
VC-INJURY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Post#135 » by VC-INJURY » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 pm

KnickerBonkerz wrote:
VC-INJURY wrote:

Are you asking me if I say "I don't know" in real life? Or if I say things like lmao, rotfl, brb, omg ?

I'm well aware of what Iono means.

I was saying that I hope the word "Iono" never actually comes out of your mouth in real life. It already looks dumb enough on paper.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#136 » by Patman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 pm

VC-INJURY wrote:
KnickerBonkerz wrote:
VC-INJURY wrote:

I was saying that I hope the word "Iono" never actually comes out of your mouth in real life. It already looks dumb enough on paper.

Iono man, I think it sounds pretty cool.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst

Post#137 » by KnickerBonkerz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

VC-INJURY wrote:
KnickerBonkerz wrote:
VC-INJURY wrote:

yea iono what made u ask that. You don't use abbreviations on the internet? Or are u just one of those spelling and grammar nazis?
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#138 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:24 pm

JediQ wrote:i thought there's a hint of sarcasm on jason kidd's interview. Guy's an ass, as an opponent I don't take his words as it is.

How about the crazy uncomfortable stare he gave after saying what he did? I wonder what was said to him before he moved on by saying, "Exactly." No way he was serious. Fields was fine, he just looked great by comparison.
tommer
Senior
And1: 198

Post#139 » by tommer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Casey got lucky with this move.

Man-to-man, post D against one player for 15 minutes of game time is pretty much the easiest assignment to slide into for some who's barely played in 3 months.

When BKN really starts sagging off Fields and plays 5-on-4 defense while he's out there, that's when Casey's gonna regret not giving Fields more playing time down the stretch.

Fields won't get away with 0 FGA again for the rest of this series. He's gonna have to take a few shots and/or make a meaningful contribution on offense to keep the BKN defence remotely honest.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#140 » by m83588333 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Fields buys PPat time to learn to defend SF. Something Casey should have realized before game 2.

Using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors