ImageImageImageImageImage

CBC spoke with the Raptors on Sunday

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

emphatikdunker
Banned User
And1: 1,569

Re: CBC spoke with the Raptors on Sunday 

Post#21 » by emphatikdunker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 pm

J-Roc wrote:I thought those quotes were DeMar admitting he was nervous, but he still insisted he wasn't nervous?

I hope he turned on the tv to watch Lillard's playoff debut.

And most importantly...

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment took blame for using the same power source for the primary and backup shot clocks. The damaged cables in the baskets were replaced and tested Sunday, and the primary and backup clocks are no longer using the same power source.

and pat beverly was guarding him.... dayum...
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#22 » by Snooch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Double Helix wrote:I didn't see many quotes from the papers today so I thought I'd share this piece from the CBC which features several quotes a full day after the game.

"I sat in my room the rest of the day, I didn't leave the room," DeRozan said. "I didn't turn the TV on. I didn't watch any games. I just cleared my mind. Just understand it was my first playoff game."

Who was the little boy who was arguing me with that his "sources" said he was putting up hundreds of shots after the bad game.

Oh yeah, this guy

Throwback24 wrote:I can tell you from first hand knowledge I know DeMar is in the gym shooting hundreds of jumper. He's really disappointed in himself over his performance.

True gymrat.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#23 » by MrBojangelz71 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:49 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

Do you think one playoff game exonerates you from the fool Demar has made of you all season long?

Seriously, you are going to need a 100 more bad playoff games before we start caring about anything you have to say about DD, his game, this game or any other game.

But hey, you had a rough season, looking foolish and all, so enjoy the moment it won't last. And Demar do not worry, the true fans got your back, not this make belief fool dumping on you after the first sign of adversity hits. Do what you do, strip posters like boogie of any cred he has left regarding you, this team and this game.

You would think that after looking like clowns all season long. the haters would have realized that it is better to have other poster think you know nothing about this game, than posting and proving it.

lol at demar somehow making me look like a fool... that's **** hilarious. everything i dislike about demar's game is still true. whatever though... keep defending him. honestly, my post was pretty diplomatic and like i said, i still want the team and him to succeed... i just don't expect him to play that well... can't believe you're gonna use some "one playoff game" argument, when he's had games like this numerous times this season... lmfao. honestly, i hate these kinds of personal attack posts, theyre so freaking corny... i got nothing against you dude. stfu about making me "look like a fool" because in all honesty, it's you that looks kind of weird and crazy and delusional, making posts to attack me instead of addressing the fact that demar is just a really inefficient player. that's it. i got nothing against the guy. this isn't some personal agenda. he is what he is.

Dude you are funny ,ignorant and repetitive. You remind me of those Vietnam vets that get stranded on a deserted island years after the war is over, and when found they are still convinced it is going on. It isn't, you lost, to bad :lol:

See, Demar is an all star, led us to our best season ever, and the playoffs. He is a great player learning how to fight through his 1st ever playoff series. Must be sad living in your lack of reality. One that sees you hide under a rock while Demar puts up 25 pmts on 50% shooting with regularity. Then, when fans should be supporting their team, Boogie crawls off his island to proclaim that after one sub par game, he was right.

You aren't, but hey I am glad you are finding pleasure in us losing, as pathetic as that makes you.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#24 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:09 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
You aren't, but hey I am glad you are finding pleasure in us losing, as pathetic as that makes you.

the fact that you continue to attack ME and make some ludicrous analogies to vietnam vets has made me lose all respect for you as a poster... and this line alone from you shows that you are just completely not with it at all. lol at me taking pleasure in us losing? are you kidding me? if you actually knew me, and knew how upset i get when we lose, you'd know that is probably one of the stupidest things you could say to me. honestly, get out of here with this nonsense man... i take that sentiment personally, because i WANT us to win every **** game. and everything i've said about demar makes complete sense, i'm not even gonna bother arguing with you anymore. you on the other hand continue to just make it some strange personal agenda, it's really off-putting. seriously though, you're gonna keep using one subpar game to make your argument? he's had numerous performances like this ALL-SEASON... whatever man, honestly, you can think i'm wrong, i don't care... i don't need to make any more points, just do me a favour and don't respond to my posts... if you think i'm THAT crazy and my posts are foolish please ignore me... your posts and posting style are getting ridiculous at this point.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#25 » by Left Side Drive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 pm

I enjoy seeing raptor fans bicker. Especially when it's against each other. :)
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#26 » by Spacing » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 pm

I like how he didn't go to the gym after the game and just rested up. It's 1 game and VC went 3/20 in his 1st game and Bosh would hold the ball the whole shot clock but no excuses for hoisting 4 three's when that's no where near your niche.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#27 » by KnickerBonkerz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't have any faith in Demar whatsoever to rebound from his performance. If he could just slide into a support role on offense, maybe get to the line a few times and play solid D, it'd be a lot better than having him turn the ball over and missing shots trying to do too much
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#28 » by SDM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:30 pm

m83588333 wrote:DeMar is a Top 10 scorer. By definition only 9 better scorers in the league.

That's not what that means.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#29 » by m83588333 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Only 8 players scored more ppg then DD. He isn't the 9th best player but the 9th best scorer this is a fact 22ppg were better then everybody but 8 players

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Post#30 » by Roland Brice » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Crazy_NBA_Fan wrote:Kobe wouldn't have thought about returning to the gym at 1 AM, he actually would've returned with no thought about it. Heck, even Gilbert Arenas would've returned. I'm just saying though.

Can you tell me what Kobe was thinking in Colorado? What about Gilbert Arenas when he poo'd in his teammates shoes or brought a gun to the locker room? I'm just wondering because you can read their minds so I'd really like to feel a bit of their realities...
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#31 » by J-Roc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Even if DeMar improves, which he should, the Nets will just hit more 3 pointers, like they should.

We need something else to give ourselves a distinct advantage. Like perhaps riding pick n rolls more, or more PT for Patterson over Amir. I hope we don't have to count on like Nando winning us a game.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User

Post#32 » by MrBojangelz71 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Boogie! wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:

the fact that you continue to attack ME and make some ludicrous analogies to vietnam vets has made me lose all respect for you as a poster... and this line alone from you shows that you are just completely not with it at all. lol at me taking pleasure in us losing? are you kidding me? if you actually knew me, and knew how upset i get when we lose, you'd know that is probably one of the stupidest things you could say to me. honestly, get out of here with this nonsense man... i take that sentiment personally, because i WANT us to win every **** game. and everything i've said about demar makes complete sense, i'm not even gonna bother arguing with you anymore. you on the other hand continue to just make it some strange personal agenda, it's really off-putting. seriously though, you're gonna keep using one subpar game to make your argument? he's had numerous performances like this ALL-SEASON... whatever man, honestly, you can think i'm wrong, i don't care... i don't need to make any more points, just do me a favour and don't respond to my posts... if you think i'm THAT crazy and my posts are foolish please ignore me... your posts and posting style are getting ridiculous at this point.

Spare me your victim speech please, has me losing all respect for you as a poster.

When you start off a post with:
lol what? disappear? why? because we're not happy the raptors won the **** game?

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. and performances like Saturday’s are expected from him...

You are going to get what you get, so stop whining about it. Realize when you spout off ignorant nonsense, you are going to get called out for it. You would think you would be used to it by now.

Don’t kid yourself either with your pretend Raps support, a true fan of this team would support a player like Demar, an all-star that bust his ass to make this team better. You sir are a hater. Hopefully tonight you will be miserably after Demar lights it up, again like he has all season long, carrying us to a win.

And yes you are right, I have you on ignore since I do not value your opinion.

Go Demar! Go Raps!
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#33 » by IMAN5 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Crazy_NBA_Fan wrote:Kobe wouldn't have thought about returning to the gym at 1 AM, he actually would've returned with no thought about it. Heck, even Gilbert Arenas would've returned. I'm just saying though.

I was gonna say this too...

He should have went back to the ACC and did a 1am shootaround. Statement to both his teammates and opponents.
instagram.com/510movement
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#34 » by Boogie! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:59 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:

Spare me your victim speech please, has me losing all respect for you as a poster.

When you start off a post with:
lol what? disappear? why? because we're not happy the raptors won the **** game?

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. and performances like Saturday’s are expected from him...

You are going to get what you get, so stop whining about it. Realize when you spout off ignorant nonsense, you are going to get called out for it. You would think you would be used to it by now.

Don’t kid yourself either with your pretend Raps support, a true fan of this team would support a player like Demar, an all-star that bust his ass to make this team better. You sir are a hater. Hopefully tonight you will be miserably after Demar lights it up, again like he has all season long, carrying us to a win.

And yes you are right, I have you on ignore since I do not value your opinion.

Go Demar! Go Raps!

anyone that calls me a fake raptors fan is full of ****. end of story. i will take THAT personally, because i've been here since the vince carter days, supporting this team, watching almost every game i could of them, enduring countless years of missing the playoffs, of **** drafts, debating back and fourth why hoffa shouldn't get booed, why vince carter was an **** and then coming to terms with it... wondering if corey blount and rod strickland would actually help us make the playoffs. i've been here for all of that... so that's just **** bull to call me a fake raptors fan. if that's the basis for your argument, then you're just not all there right now. i'm not even gonna get mad at you for your unyielding support of demar...

in fact, i have supported numerous players, despite popular opinion. the difference is, i still accepted their flaws and was open minded as to why other people disliked them. get your head out of your ass man, you're coming off as petty and arrogant. and for the record, 14 people and 1d me, and i'm sure many others share my same sentiment. go call them fake raptors fans and tell them they take pleasure in us losing and see what they say... i didn't know that in order to be a real fan of a team, you weren't allowed to criticize players for their flaws and lack of production. wow... who are you, BIg Brother? i have to like every single player and think every single player is **** amazing and acknowledge that despite their crappy performances, they're still amazing, and talk about how amazing they are at all times... dwight buycks is amazing, julyan stone is amazing, rudy gay was amazing, austin daye was amazing, everyone is amazing... if it wasn't for landry fields this season, we wouldn't be such an amazing team... what a complete crock of ****.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#35 » by RIP Kobe » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Majority of the posters on this board don't understand basketball much.

All they understand are stats and what they see on the tv.

Pick up a basketball, then talk.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,139

Post#36 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Gentleman! Now would be a fine time to quit acting like children. If you cannot play nice with one another, then IGNORE one another instead of derailing the thread. Cheers!
MrBojangelz71
Banned User

Post#37 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:13 am

Right on cue, great game Demar!!!
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#38 » by Homer Jay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 am

Boogie! wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. .

Do you think one playoff game exonerates you from the fool Demar has made of you all season long?

Seriously, you are going to need a 100 more bad playoff games before we start caring about anything you have to say about DD, his game, this game or any other game.

But hey, you had a rough season, looking foolish and all, so enjoy the moment it won't last. And Demar do not worry, the true fans got your back, not this make belief fool dumping on you after the first sign of adversity hits. Do what you do, strip posters like boogie of any cred he has left regarding you, this team and this game.

You would think that after looking like clowns all season long. the haters would have realized that it is better to have other poster think you know nothing about this game, than posting and proving it.

lol at demar somehow making me look like a fool... that's **** hilarious. everything i dislike about demar's game is still true. whatever though... keep defending him. honestly, my post was pretty diplomatic and like i said, i still want the team and him to succeed... i just don't expect him to play that well... can't believe you're gonna use some "one playoff game" argument, when he's had games like this numerous times this season... lmfao. honestly, i hate these kinds of personal attack posts, theyre so freaking corny... i got nothing against you dude. stfu about making me "look like a fool" because in all honesty, it's you that looks kind of weird and crazy and delusional, making posts to attack me instead of addressing the fact that demar is just a really inefficient player. that's it. i got nothing against the guy. this isn't some personal agenda. he is what he is.

Exxxxpooooossseeedddddd. One play-off game is enough to show he's not good. One play-off game is NOT enoug to show he is good. One game argument good from him, but nobody else apparently.

You start this crap up YOURSELF by trying to be Gloatie McGloaterson after Game 1. Now you have to retreat and are coming across as thin-skinned.

If you are going to bring it to the table, be ready to play what you bring.

Return to Toronto Raptors