ImageImageImageImageImage

CBC spoke with the Raptors on Sunday

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

CBC spoke with the Raptors on Sunday 

Post#1 » by Double Helix » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:04 am

I didn't see many quotes from the papers today so I thought I'd share this piece from the CBC which features several quotes a full day after the game.

After an NBA playoff debut that didn't go as well as he'd planned, DeMar DeRozan went home and put his feet up.

"I sat in my room the rest of the day, I didn't leave the room," DeRozan said. "I didn't turn the TV on. I didn't watch any games. I just cleared my mind. Just understand it was my first playoff game."

He fought the urge to go back to the Air Canada Centre for a late-night shooting session.

"I thought about it. I really thought about it," DeRozan said. "About 1 a.m. I was going to come back, but I was like: don't put too much pressure on myself. Just get my rest, regroup. We've got two days until we play, so just get ready. I try not to think so much or stress myself out — just relax."

"I think with as much energy was going on, it felt like things were going faster than they were," DeRozan said.

While it wasn't the coming-out party any of Toronto's playoff rookies had hoped for, they were all breathing a little easier Sunday morning, glad that Game 1 of their series was over and done with.

"I think Game 2 is a whole different animal," coach Dwane Casey said. "I think the newness and the shiny part of the playoffs is worn off by Game 2. I think that'll help (DeRozan) tremendously. I think that'll help our whole team."

More at the link.
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Re: CBC spoke with the Raptors on Sunday 

Post#2 » by Raps Maniac » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 am

This is what I expect. Jitters should be shaken off by now, hope we blow this team out in game 2 to regain momentum.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#3 » by Blast Tyrant » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:16 am

Demar's going to have a huge game 2 and half of this board will suddenly disappear.
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#4 » by OvOh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:18 am

Totally, all of our guys who played their first playoff game seemed too overly excited and nervous. Except JV. He probably knocked down some MGDs before the game :lol:
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
RapHippy
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#5 » by RapHippy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:18 am

"I think with as much energy was going on, it felt like things were going faster than they were," DeRozan said.

A common expression when you begin to play well is "the game feels slower to you."

I think the crowd was a bit too much for Derozan, but expect a bounce back game from him in Game 2.
TooHood
Senior
And1: 818

Post#6 » by TooHood » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:22 am

wished they played tomorrow instead of 2 days off but good for Amirs ankles
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#7 » by theycallmeZZ » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:23 am

Today's practice interviews:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljmA5vimWY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWvOXvI2pY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUN4ly02Ed4[/youtube]

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/2014/0 ... v-3244222/

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/2014/0 ... v-3244211/
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#8 » by Macho » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 am

"hundreds of fans outside"- Canadian Bull**** Corporation.
Crazy_NBA_Fan
Veteran
And1: 383

Post#9 » by Crazy_NBA_Fan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:26 am

Kobe wouldn't have thought about returning to the gym at 1 AM, he actually would've returned with no thought about it. Heck, even Gilbert Arenas would've returned. I'm just saying though.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#10 » by Inevitable » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:28 am

Macho wrote:"hundreds of fans outside"- Canadian Bull**** Corporation.

They are a dying media corporation and don't have the funding to gather sufficient information. It's alright.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#11 » by Boogie! » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:Demar's going to have a huge game 2 and half of this board will suddenly disappear.

lol what? disappear? why? because we're not happy the raptors won the **** game?

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. and performances like saturday's are expected from him... but we need him to play well. and if he does and it helps the team win... we're happy. period. if they lose and demar is **** again, you bet your ass i will **** on him. but if they win and demar plays well, i'll be here, celebrating this win. not being a fan of demar has nothing to do with being a fan of the raptors... i want them to succeed... i want demar to succeed... i just don't expect him to... that's pretty much it. but i hope he does because we're gonna need him.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
emphatikdunker
Banned User
And1: 1,569

Post#12 » by emphatikdunker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 am

OvOhYeah wrote:Totally, all of our guys who played their first playoff game seemed too overly excited and nervous. Except JV. He probably knocked down some MGDs before the game :lol:

Spoiler:

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#13 » by OvOh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 am

emphatikdunker wrote:
OvOhYeah wrote:Totally, all of our guys who played their first playoff game seemed too overly excited and nervous. Except JV. He probably knocked down some MGDs before the game :lol:

Spoiler:

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO

Ba-CARD-i!!
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#14 » by m83588333 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 am

DeMar is a Top 10 scorer. By definition only 9 better scorers in the league.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#15 » by Volcano » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:39 am

I gotta say..DD's just not mentally strong. I hope he puts it together ASAP (obviously).

RapHippy wrote:"I think with as much energy was going on, it felt like things were going faster than they were," DeRozan said.

A common expression when you begin to play well is "the game feels slower to you."

I think the crowd was a bit too much for Derozan, but expect a bounce back game from him in Game 2.

DD seems to move in slow motion..he may be slower than JJ and Pierce with the ball.

Livingston is really a problem for us on both sides of the court. He didn't shoot much, but he made timely shots.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#16 » by MrBojangelz71 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:Demar's going to have a huge game 2 and half of this board will suddenly disappear.

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. .

Do you think one playoff game exonerates you from the fool Demar has made of you all season long?

Seriously, you are going to need a 100 more bad playoff games before we start caring about anything you have to say about DD, his game, this game or any other game.

But hey, you had a rough season, looking foolish and all, so enjoy the moment it won't last. And Demar do not worry, the true fans got your back, not this make belief fool dumping on you after the first sign of adversity hits. Do what you do, strip posters like boogie of any cred he has left regarding you, this team and this game.

You would think that after looking like clowns all season long. the haters would have realized that it is better to have other poster think you know nothing about this game, than posting and proving it.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#17 » by J-Roc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:31 pm

I thought those quotes were DeMar admitting he was nervous, but he still insisted he wasn't nervous?

I hope he turned on the tv to watch Lillard's playoff debut.

And most importantly...

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment took blame for using the same power source for the primary and backup shot clocks. The damaged cables in the baskets were replaced and tested Sunday, and the primary and backup clocks are no longer using the same power source.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#18 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Macho wrote:"hundreds of fans outside"- Canadian Bull**** Corporation.

Why so salty? Do you run one of those company's that Marketplace exposed as a fraud?

Do you not like it when your favourite politicians are called to task for wrongdoing?

If we had parliamentary rules that compelled the government to honestly answer questions in the house, we wouldn't need a media institution, that isn't beholden to advertisers or the political leanings of its owner, to act as a governmental watchdog.

If parliamentary rules didn't allow omnibus bills, where unpopular laws could be hidden in massive bills, that few citizens bother to read, we wouldn't need a media outlet, immune from the political influence of the media organizations owner's political bias, to inform Canadians.

Without the CBC, most, if not all, TV and Radio news in the country would be centre right to extreme right.

I for one remember those days, when the government supported the CBC, and the whole country got a free over the air Raptors telecast almost every Sunday.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#19 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Boogie! wrote:

lol what? disappear? why? because we're not happy the raptors won the **** game?

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. and performances like saturday's are expected from him... but we need him to play well. and if he does and it helps the team win... we're happy. period. if they lose and demar is **** again, you bet your ass i will **** on him. but if they win and demar plays well, i'll be here, celebrating this win. not being a fan of demar has nothing to do with being a fan of the raptors... i want them to succeed... i want demar to succeed... i just don't expect him to... that's pretty much it. but i hope he does because we're gonna need him.

I like Demar because he isn't as good as Vince or Bosh. I don't want any more prima donnas. When you go away from prima donnas and play a team game with lesser stars, you are going to have nights when your lesser stars don't shine, but often the remainder of the team can pick up the slack. Ross with fouls, and Amir hurting made it difficult for the hole to be filled. I far much more prefer this than putting all your eggs in a Vince basket and he refuses to drive to the net.

That Demar had the highest number of free throws ever by a Raptor tells you he is the kind of player we want, even though he will have the odd bad game.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#20 » by Boogie! » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:52 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

seriously, some people don't seem to get it. demar is not that good. okay. .

Do you think one playoff game exonerates you from the fool Demar has made of you all season long?

Seriously, you are going to need a 100 more bad playoff games before we start caring about anything you have to say about DD, his game, this game or any other game.

But hey, you had a rough season, looking foolish and all, so enjoy the moment it won't last. And Demar do not worry, the true fans got your back, not this make belief fool dumping on you after the first sign of adversity hits. Do what you do, strip posters like boogie of any cred he has left regarding you, this team and this game.

You would think that after looking like clowns all season long. the haters would have realized that it is better to have other poster think you know nothing about this game, than posting and proving it.

lol at demar somehow making me look like a fool... that's **** hilarious. everything i dislike about demar's game is still true. whatever though... keep defending him. honestly, my post was pretty diplomatic and like i said, i still want the team and him to succeed... i just don't expect him to play that well... can't believe you're gonna use some "one playoff game" argument, when he's had games like this numerous times this season... lmfao. honestly, i hate these kinds of personal attack posts, theyre so freaking corny... i got nothing against you dude. stfu about making me "look like a fool" because in all honesty, it's you that looks kind of weird and crazy and delusional, making posts to attack me instead of addressing the fact that demar is just a really inefficient player. that's it. i got nothing against the guy. this isn't some personal agenda. he is what he is.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.

Return to Toronto Raptors