ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: How Concerned Should The Raptors Be?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

ESPN: How Concerned Should The Raptors Be? 

Post#1 » by Scarface844 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/st ... -heat-east

On a scale of 1 to 10, how concerned should the Raptors be?

Gutierrez: 7. The Raptors' best chance in this series is to make the Nets run, but Toronto, despite its athleticism on the wings, is one of the least productive teams in transition. However, if the Raptors can get a better performance from DeMar DeRozan -- he's not the most efficient shooter, but he is top-10 in terms of points scored off jump shots -- they'll realize they have a chance against Brooklyn.

Herbert: 4. Dropping Game 1 at home was not ideal, but there's still a good chance this will be a long series. Toronto came close the first time out, despite three starters contributing next to nothing. It just can't afford to lose the next one.

Thorpe: 8. These are very even teams, and Toronto knows it can get hot and win a few straight, just as it knows Brooklyn can do the same. I think the Raptors' "underdog" mindset -- because of their lack of playoff experience against a team with so much experience -- will help them avoid the extra pressure often associated with potential "upsets."

Wallace: 5. This is a team that doesn't have much playoff experience, outside of a couple of veterans who gained it elsewhere. The savvy Nets are a tough draw, even if they played well short of their best game in the series opener. If the Raptors can get back to playing at their pace and with the balance we've come to know, they should recover in Game 2.

Weidie: 6. The Raptors are a darn good team. If they can shed the "happy to be here" stigma and kick the playoff jitters to the curb, there's no reason they can't cut down on the 17 turnovers from Game 1 and punch Brooklyn back in the mouth. Age catches up to humans at random times in mysterious ways -- if Toronto can prove it has the better bench (which it does), its youthful legs should be able to win one at home and steal one in Brooklyn to tie the series up heading into Game 5.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Re: ESPN: How Concerned Should The Raptors Be? 

Post#2 » by pbj » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm scared ****. If we lose this game, it's over.

Doesn't matter how big of a fight we put up, it doesn't matter if we lose on a Mason Plumee 84-foot 3 pointer - it's over.
DonYon
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#3 » by DonYon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:32 pm

pbj wrote:I'm scared ****. If we lose this game, it's over.

Doesn't matter how big of a fight we put up, it doesn't matter if we lose on a Mason Plumee 84-foot 3 pointer - it's over.

Okay sir, please just don't jump back on the bandwagon when we go back up 3-2.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#4 » by pbj » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:34 pm

DonYon wrote:

:crazy:
JD143726
Senior
And1: 1,163

Post#5 » by JD143726 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:34 pm

I am almost certain that we win one in Brooklyn. It's tonight that I am worried about; and game 5.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,376

Post#6 » by Mikistan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Won't know until after tonight
Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

Post#7 » by Scarface844 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

JD143726 wrote:I am almost certain that we win one in Brooklyn. It's tonight that I am worried about; and game 5.

Interesting. I'm the opposite. I think we'll win tonight and game 5 but its the road im worried about. We are capable of winning on the road but idk if we can against this experienced team.
MaltonMavericks
Senior
And1: 490

Post#8 » by MaltonMavericks » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

I completely agree with PBJ, I feel like if we lose today we are in DEEP trouble. The Nets were playing their best basketball at home towards the end of the season.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#9 » by J-Roc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 pm

LOL at already talking about tying it up for Game 5.

I wonder how confident we'd be if we blew out Brooklyn tonight. We could have guys jacking and knocking down 3's, nevermind running different plays for lineup adjustments.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#10 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 pm

If we play our game and make the defensive adjustments, not having to double JJ(fields?/Ross not in foul trouble?) and play our style of game then I have no doubt in my mind we'll beat these guys.
Read
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,574

Post#11 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Oh, yeah. Lose, and we're dead meat. Same goes for all of the upsettees. Down 2-0 with 3 of the next 4 on the road? Ova.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#12 » by Left Side Drive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 pm

GET HYPE
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#13 » by Danchan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm

we are going to win game 2
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#14 » by Wasp » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Scarface844 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/5-on-5-140422/biggest-threat-miami-heat-east

On a scale of 1 to 10, how concerned should the Raptors be?

Gutierrez: 7. The Raptors' best chance in this series is to make the Nets run, but Toronto, despite its athleticism on the wings, is one of the least productive teams in transition. However, if the Raptors can get a better performance from DeMar DeRozan -- he's not the most efficient shooter, but he is top-10 in terms of points scored off jump shots -- they'll realize they have a chance against Brooklyn.

Herbert: 4. Dropping Game 1 at home was not ideal, but there's still a good chance this will be a long series. Toronto came close the first time out, despite three starters contributing next to nothing. It just can't afford to lose the next one.

Thorpe: 8. These are very even teams, and Toronto knows it can get hot and win a few straight, just as it knows Brooklyn can do the same. I think the Raptors' "underdog" mindset -- because of their lack of playoff experience against a team with so much experience -- will help them avoid the extra pressure often associated with potential "upsets."

Wallace: 5. This is a team that doesn't have much playoff experience, outside of a couple of veterans who gained it elsewhere. The savvy Nets are a tough draw, even if they played well short of their best game in the series opener. If the Raptors can get back to playing at their pace and with the balance we've come to know, they should recover in Game 2.

Weidie: 6. The Raptors are a darn good team. If they can shed the "happy to be here" stigma and kick the playoff jitters to the curb, there's no reason they can't cut down on the 17 turnovers from Game 1 and punch Brooklyn back in the mouth. Age catches up to humans at random times in mysterious ways -- if Toronto can prove it has the better bench (which it does), its youthful legs should be able to win one at home and steal one in Brooklyn to tie the series up heading into Game 5.

LOL. Thorpe says 8, then proceeds to say that the teams are very even and that their "underdog" mindset will help them. Um, if that's the case, why did you pick 8 out of 10? Did you just pick a random number?
Narjee
Senior
And1: 627

Post#15 » by Narjee » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#16 » by Double Bubble » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 pm

If this season has taught me anything about this team it is to not count them out. It ain't over till its over and it's going to be a long series. Toronto in 7. #Wegotdiss
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#17 » by Raps Militia » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 pm

DonYon wrote:

But he's right. This doesn't mean that he will not cheer for the Raptors.
I don't understand why create controversy, we're all on the same side.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#18 » by MrBojangelz71 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Just seems like 06/07 all over again.

Lose game one, come back and beat them in 2, then head to Brooklyn and get destroyed in game 3 and 4, win game 5 then lose a close one in game 6, and imagine what could have been in game 7.

yuck, just threw up in my mouth
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#19 » by JJ From Deep » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:05 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:Oh, yeah. Lose, and we're dead meat. Same goes for all of the upsettees. Down 2-0 with 3 of the next 4 on the road? Ova.

I just can't ever allow myself to think like this. Personally, for me, it isn't ever over until it's over. Nor does it matter where we're playing. Home, on the road, in the sky, underground. When the game starts it's 5 on 5 and this is playoff basketball. Anything can go down.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#20 » by TheSamMitchell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:06 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Just seems like 06/07 all over again.

Lose game one, come back and beat them in 2, then head to Brooklyn and get destroyed in game 3 and 4, win game 5 then lose a close one in game 6, and imagine what could have been in game 7.

yuck, just threw up in my mouth

I hate that people keep saying this. This team is nothing like the 06/07 team. Ya they're playing the Nets again and lost game 1, but what else?

Return to Toronto Raptors