ImageImageImageImageImage

OT : Pray for Larissa. Help her in the fight against Cancer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: OT : Pray for Larissa. Help her in the fight against Cancer 

Post#61 » by Kabookalu » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:14 am

RNsteve wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
RNsteve wrote:

NO.NO.NO....NO.....NO

I'm sorry i'm registered Nurse and by God to I feel for this girl but these treatments won't help. These "treatments" are a plague on society and is just draining donations from worthy causes,

They do nothing but drain funds from treatments that do more then rob people seeking false hope.

Get this **** off these boards. I tell you now, i'll be putting requests in for this to be locked asap.

A shame..a leach..on society. It sickens me to no end.

She's no longer alive... you should have at least scrolled to the last page and a read post or two before having committed to a post like that. Quite insensitive even if she hadn't moved on.

Just terrible timing.

You go **** yourself.
This...crap steals from those most desperate and is beyond pathetic. This **** sickens me and a poor like herself.. its a damn pity.

Her passing is terrible. The ****ers trying to steal money from her loved ones for false hope....

Lock this ****.

Dude are you serious man. As a nurse you should know that this is a terrible thing to say to a person that's in grieving. I'm not a nurse but I worked in the medical field before and we were taught discretion and to be respectful. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm cynical about some of the practices that are done in the medical field myself, but there's a time and place for everything. Your beliefs and opinions don't belong in a place of mourning.

I'm sorry for your loss OP.
Read on Twitter
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#62 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:50 am

I remember reading this two years ago. It really touched me, and she seemed like a really nice person. Kind of sad now even though I never met her. My condolences.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,758

Post#63 » by Duffman100 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:35 am

RNsteve wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
RNsteve wrote:

NO.NO.NO....NO.....NO

I'm sorry i'm registered Nurse and by God to I feel for this girl but these treatments won't help. These "treatments" are a plague on society and is just draining donations from worthy causes,

They do nothing but drain funds from treatments that do more then rob people seeking false hope.

Get this **** off these boards. I tell you now, i'll be putting requests in for this to be locked asap.

She's no longer alive... you should have at least scrolled to the last page and a read post or two before having committed to a post like that. Quite insensitive even if she hadn't moved on.

Just terrible timing.

You go **** yourself.
This...crap steals from those most desperate and is beyond pathetic. This **** sickens me and a poor like herself.. its a damn pity.

Her passing is terrible. The ****ers trying to steal money from her loved ones for false hope....

Lock this ****.

I get what you're saying. I have the same anger towards psychics who swear they know where missing people are.

But dude, time and a place.
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#64 » by curryking3 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:09 pm

RNsteve wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
RNsteve wrote:

NO.NO.NO....NO.....NO

Just terrible timing.

You go **** yourself.

Lock this ****.

You're right but this is not the thread IMO.

Feel free to make another thread against naturopathic remedies.

I agree with what you were talking about, but this is absolutely the worst time and place. As Choker said, as a nurse and medical professional you should know better.
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,808

Post#65 » by wayoftheroad » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:22 pm

Sad to hear....but good for her that she fought this long as she only had 4 months initially
beachbean
Sixth Man
And1: 5,958

Post#66 » by beachbean » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:54 pm

Sorry for your loss... She's in a better place now.
Traps13
Starter
And1: 3,100

Post#67 » by Traps13 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:15 pm

Really sorry to hear this ..
BrunoSkull
RealGM
And1: 110,436

Post#68 » by BrunoSkull » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:30 pm

BO55 wrote:Fellow RealGMers...

On the day of October 2nd, 2015, it saddens me to announce the passing of Larissa.

https://m.facebook.com/837668986247702/photos/a.837727642908503.1073741825.837668986247702/1149372748410656/?type=3&source=48

I am out of words.. and don't know what to say. Typing this with a heavy heart.

I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who donated and provided kind words.

One of the greatest people I have ever met in my 26 years of breathing. I was able to tell her that.

Thank you

My sincerest condolence goes out to you and her family, but hey she's lucky to have you as her close friend that cares so much for her. It's a torture fam, cancer took away two of my uncles on my dad 's side and now another one from the mom's side is scheduled for chemotherapy.

Hope he wins this battle.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#69 » by LLJ » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:44 pm

RNsteve wrote:You go **** yourself.

Lock this ****.

Gee, you'd think a registered Nurse would have better self control...

If you wanted to rant about it you could have started a separate thread on the OT Canada board. I mean, I don't necessarily disagree with you but this really is terrible timing. Looks like you've already been banned, though, so this is moot.
vascular
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,045

Post#70 » by vascular » Tue Oct 6, 2015 6:03 pm

On the day of October 2nd, 2015, it saddens me to announce the passing of Larissa.

https://m.facebook.com/837668986247702/photos/a.837727642908503.1073741825.837668986247702/1149372748410656/?type=3&source=48

I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who donated and provided kind words.

One of the greatest people I have ever met in my 26 years of breathing. I was able to tell her that.

Thank you

I am sorry for your loss, BO55...May she Rest in Peace..
vascular
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,045

Post#71 » by vascular » Tue Oct 6, 2015 6:21 pm

RNsteve wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
RNsteve wrote:

NO.NO.NO....NO.....NO

Just terrible timing.

You go **** yourself.

Lock this ****.

As a RN, perhaps you should show a bit more compassion. Your immaturity shows you are a recent nurse (if you aren't, you chose the wrong profession). Let me just break it to you, you have no knowledge of 'treatments'. You essentially have no medical knowledge at this time, if you did you would have gathered a lot of what was said in between lines on her fundraiser page.
Your statements above have really angered me, I don't want to type here how I really feel about it. I won't be able to take back once I have said them.
Humble yourself, if you feel you have nothing nice to say, just move along. No one needs to hear that garbage, especially after a loss.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#72 » by Green Backpack » Tue Oct 6, 2015 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear. I remember reading this story when it was first posted and donating to the cause, and it pains me to see that we were not able to do enough to give her the full life she deserves.

RIP Larissa
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#73 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:21 pm

LLJ wrote:
RNsteve wrote:You go **** yourself.

Lock this ****.

Gee, you'd think a registered Nurse would have better self control...

If you wanted to rant about it you could have started a separate thread on the OT Canada board. I mean, I don't necessarily disagree with you but this really is terrible timing. Looks like you've already been banned, though, so this is moot.

He needed a f'n journal or a tumblr blog or something. I swear, it's horrific to think that RNSTEVE felt obliged, due to his nurse occupation, to blurt out insensitive remarks.

Glad he'll have hissy fit somewhere else.

Anyways, sorry for your loss OP. Cancer just comes out of nowhere and destroys not only individuals, but their families and friends. Dear God I can only think of how it must of affected you, as my own sister had cancer. I hope you feel better and know that you're a great person for doing all you can for her.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#74 » by gamer4Life » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:25 pm

RNsteve wrote:
BO55 wrote:As of now, Larissa has chosen an intergrated medical plan that includes working with MDS, homeopaths, chiropractors, and a naturopathic oncologist to help her on this journey. Many of these therapies and services are VERY costly and most not covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan).

NO.NO.NO....NO.....NO

The bolded part was all that needed to be said without being too insensitive...
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#75 » by CoachJReturns » Wed Oct 7, 2015 5:55 am

BrunoSkull wrote:

Thank you

My sincerest condolence goes out to you and her family, but hey she's lucky to have you as her close friend that cares so much for her. It's a torture fam, cancer took away two of my uncles on my dad 's side and now another one from the mom's side is scheduled for chemotherapy.

Hope he wins this battle.

All the best to your uncle BrunoSkull and again my sincere condolences BO55.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#76 » by IMAN5 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 1:12 pm

I remember this thread :( I am so sorry for your loss. Cancer is a piece of shi* and takes too many good people too soon.

Thoughts and prayers with you, her, and the family.

You never really lose someone if they are always in your heart.
instagram.com/510movement
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#77 » by IMAN5 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 1:15 pm

I am so glad that piece of garbage RNsteve has been banned, absolutely disgusting.
instagram.com/510movement
BO55
Junior
And1: 335

Post#78 » by BO55 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 1:50 pm

I appreciate the generosity and support yet again you guys. It means a lot to me reading this.
As for RNSteve... I'm glad he's been banned. Have a little respect. I understand he wanted to voice his opinion but wrong place, wrong time to do so.

At this time it hurts me I cannot attend the viewing nor the funeral. I live in a different province and just looked at the price of the flight there and I'm looking at about +$1000. With it being Thanksgiving weekend, it's understandable. What I will be doing is sending flowers on my behalf.

I'd like to thank everyone again for the kind words. Regardless if we all may be strangers to each other, you have my respect.

mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,073

Post#79 » by mihaic » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:30 pm

I think something needs to be done on a different level though. I had a godson who was affected by a rare but eventually deadly disease. He died at 22. It was really saddening, depressing.

His parents (including our support and other close family support) looked for alternative treatment but in hindsight it was being taken advantage of because there were no practical results, not better, not worse, just same. I think I understand what that RN was saying - as bad as it seems some people will try to take advantage of others at their weakest moment. They will use your hopes and lie and just take your money. And that is not right. Has happened to our family

Sorry if I offend anyone but based on my experience it is the truth.
UnRealGM
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,157

Post#80 » by UnRealGM » Wed Oct 7, 2015 5:04 pm

RIP to someone who died far too young. hug your family a bit tighter tonight, peeps. never too late to tell them you love them.

Return to Toronto Raptors