ImageImageImageImageImage

2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Re: 2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread 

Post#1581 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:36 pm

bballsparkin wrote:I get the feeling Atlanta will only make trades that they think will help them win. They have attendance issues even when the team plays well. Imagine how little revenue they would make while tanking? There in a bind with Horford. When healthy he's great. But that hasn't been the case lately and his contract is coming up. I wouldn't give up much for him for that reason. But if the Hawks wanted picks and cap space I'd definitely be interested. JV, Horford, sound nice together. But I'd like to keep Amir if possible. And Patterson too, hah.

You are absolutely right.
Rebuilding would suck in Atlanta, but I think their options are potentially limited.

The Hawks are in an odd spot;
Millsap is getting a raise next summer from his very reasonable 9.5m and the question really becomes if the Hawks are going to be willing to pay a 30 year old Millsap the money and years he will command July 1st 2015.

If not I would imagine they look to move him over the course of the season or risk losing him for nothing next summer, and if you lose him for nothing and once again fail to attract talent with your capspace July 2015 you don't have a huge need for a 29 year old Horford on the last year of his deal, you almost have to rebuild at that point.

I could see them nearing the deadline deciding to clear both Millsap and Horford for picks, prospects, and expirings.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#1582 » by chuckdevlin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:I get the feeling Atlanta will only make trades that they think will help them win. They have attendance issues even when the team plays well. Imagine how little revenue they would make while tanking? There in a bind with Horford. When healthy he's great. But that hasn't been the case lately and his contract is coming up. I wouldn't give up much for him for that reason. But if the Hawks wanted picks and cap space I'd definitely be interested. JV, Horford, sound nice together. But I'd like to keep Amir if possible. And Patterson too, hah.

Rebuilding would suck in Atlanta, but I think their options are potentially limited.

Millsap is getting a raise next summer from his very reasonable 9.5m and the question really becomes if the Hawks are going to be willing to pay a 30 year old Millsap the money and years he will command July 1st 2015.

If not I would imagine they look to move him over the course of the season or risk losing him for nothing next summer, and if you lose him for nothing and once again fail to attract talent with your capspace July 2015 you don't have a huge need for a 29 year old Horford on the last year of his deal, you almost have to rebuild at that point.

I could see them nearing the deadline deciding to clear both Millsap and Horford for picks, prospects, and expirings.

Ross + Amir + PPat+ Caboclo + Nogeuira + 2015 1st + 2016 NYK/DEN Pick + Fields + rights to Deandre Daniels + future 2nd + Cash considerations
for
Milsap + Horford

JV/Milsap/Hayes/Stiemsma
Horford/Milsap/Hans
DD/JJ / Hamilton
Vasquez/Lou/Vas/DD/min
Lowry/Vas/Lou/min

Deal value splits into:
Ross + Caboclo + Fields + 2015 1st + future 2nd for Milsap
Amir + PPat + Nogueira + 2016 NYK/DEN for Horford
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1583 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 pm

chuckdevlin wrote:
Ross + Amir + PPat+ Caboclo + Nogeuira + 2015 1st + 2016 NYK/DEN Pick + Fields + rights to Deandre Daniels + future 2nd + Cash considerations
for
Milsap + Horford

JV/Milsap/Hayes/Stiemsma
Horford/Milsap/Hans
DD/JJ / Hamilton
Vasquez/Lou/Vas/DD/min
Lowry/Vas/Lou/min

Deal value splits into:

Its a lot of value to give up to end up in the same position Atlanta is in now;

Do we want to be the team that pays Millsap this summer?
And even if we do what if he leaves?

You have just moved a ton of value to get a season out of Millsap and two out of Horford.

If the Hawks are really thinking about ripping it down by the deadline;
Expirings + our 2015 and the Knicks 2016 1sts shouldn't be too far off the mark for Horford.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#1584 » by nitrous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I would do a trade with Val for Horford.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#1585 » by sweetcity » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:35 pm

chuckdevlin wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

for
Milsap + Horford

JV/Milsap/Hayes/Stiemsma
Horford/Milsap/Hans
DD/JJ / Hamilton
Vasquez/Lou/Vas/DD/min
Lowry/Vas/Lou/min

Deal value splits into:

YOUR TWISTED, thats way to much for Milsap
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant

Post#1586 » by chuckdevlin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 pm

sweetcity wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

for
Milsap + Horford

JV/Milsap/Hayes/Stiemsma
Horford/Milsap/Hans
DD/JJ / Hamilton
Vasquez/Lou/Vas/DD/min
Lowry/Vas/Lou/min

Deal value splits into:

YOUR TWISTED, thats way to much for Milsap

i

+

It wont be easy to get an all-star front court
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1587 » by cammac » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:14 am

nitrous wrote:I would do a trade with Val for Horford.

Jonas will be better than Horford this year and yes I would like Horford but as a PF not a C.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1588 » by ballislife » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:16 am

Gallinari has looked nice coming back from his injuries in the preseason... I think he would be a great fit in our starting lineup. He plays with fire and he can hit the 3 at a nice clip.

I wouldn't mind dealing Ross and expirings for him... he comes off the books in 2016... the hopeful KD free agency year. If not, I think Gallo is a good insurance policy if we can't land KD. He fits our core in terms of age as well.
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#1589 » by kidr1211 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:23 am

chuckdevlin wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

for
Milsap + Horford

JV/Milsap/Hayes/Stiemsma
Horford/Milsap/Hans
DD/JJ / Hamilton
Vasquez/Lou/Vas/DD/min
Lowry/Vas/Lou/min

Deal value splits into:

Why don't we throw in the CN tower? :lol:
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#1590 » by dagger » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:27 pm

cammac wrote:
nitrous wrote:I would do a trade with Val for Horford.

Jonas will be better than Horford this year and yes I would like Horford but as a PF not a C.

The problem with a Jonas for Horford trade is that Al has never really liked playing C, and with his shoulder issues probably shouldn't play C. (Nor should Amir with his ankles). So I wouldn't be down for a Jonas for Horford deal. Atlanta doesn't have a strong swingman - can you even name their wing players? Well they have one great spot up shooter who is a defensive liability but no real athlete. Ross would be a nice pickup for them, but the question is whether the Hawks would do a Ross-based deal.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#1591 » by RonaldArtest » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:42 pm

No way do I trade Jonas for possibly only 2 years of an oft-injured Horford. Also as Dagger mentioned, who will play C for us after this? Ross, expirings + picks is all we should be looking to deal for Al.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#1592 » by bballsparkin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree Morris_Shatford, the Hawks may be dealers at the deadline. If the team is not looking good they might be wise to retool.

And chuckdevlin, I know you must have been high when you made that trade offer lol.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant

Post#1593 » by chuckdevlin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:50 pm

bballsparkin wrote:I agree Morris_Shatford, the Hawks may be dealers at the deadline. If the team is not looking good they might be wise to retool.

And chuckdevlin, I know you must have been high when you made that trade offer lol.

I wouldnt give that much up. But its the fact that we finally have that much to offer
Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Post#1594 » by Slackstring701 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:45 pm

If Horford becomes available there will be a lineup of teams trying to get in on that
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#1595 » by Ari_Emanuel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Haven't been in this thread in a while. Why the f are ppl discussing Jonas in trade talks!?
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant

Post#1596 » by chuckdevlin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Slackstring701 wrote:If Horford becomes available there will be a lineup of teams trying to get in on that

Lol yeah we have to give up a lot if we wanna compete with the other offers
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1597 » by Splinter » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:36 am

Thought the Amir Johnson Contract thread is a little too old to bump so I thought I'd throw this out here... I was thinking back to Nick Collison's contract. Here's a writeup for those who aren't familiar

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... -extension

Now, next offseason the Raps will have a decent amount of cap room. If Masai is waiting for 2016 to make a big splash, a similarly structured contract would help save us a few million extra. I think Amir is worth about $8-10 mill per year. For argument's sake, let's say $8. If we signed him to a contract of 4/24 with a signing bonus attached to the first year at $8 million, the cap hit would then be 14/6/6/6. That leaves us with a total of $61 million in salaries on 11 players (I guessed at 1.5 mill for our 2015 1st). If the cap only raises to the projected $66 million, we still then have a few million in cap room to swing a deal or whatever and to fill out the roster. Also we save a few million in the cap hit for the 2016 bonanza...
Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Post#1598 » by Slackstring701 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:59 am

Splinter wrote:Thought the Amir Johnson Contract thread is a little too old to bump so I thought I'd throw this out here... I was thinking back to Nick Collison's contract. Here's a writeup for those who aren't familiar

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... -extension

Now, next offseason the Raps will have a decent amount of cap room. If Masai is waiting for 2016 to make a big splash, a similarly structured contract would help save us a few million extra. I think Amir is worth about $8-10 mill per year. For argument's sake, let's say $8. If we signed him to a contract of 4/24 with a signing bonus attached to the first year at $8 million, the cap hit would then be 14/6/6/6. That leaves us with a total of $61 million in salaries on 11 players (I guessed at 1.5 mill for our 2015 1st). If the cap only raises to the projected $66 million, we still then have a few million in cap room to swing a deal or whatever and to fill out the roster. Also we save a few million in the cap hit for the 2016 bonanza...

I will always remember when they did that with Collison. Absolutely loved it back then, and still love it today.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1599 » by CoachJReturns » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:14 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I really hope we can swing a deal of

Ross
2015 1st
2016 Knicks 1st
Patterson
Fields

for

Horford

I like this deal, but would take out the Knicks/Nuggets pick. We are giving them a quality stretch four, who can start, and a starting shooting guard plus a late first round pick. Why should we throw in what has the possibility of being a late lottery pick as well? I do think that Ross will be dealt in the next couple years though, unless he shows some huge improvement this year. He's a solid player and our best pure shooter, but everyone knows he is playing out of position. Especially Ross himself.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1600 » by CoachJReturns » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:22 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:

So you're saying I should start rooting against the Hawks? Done. Wishing the Hawks suck this year and the Nuggets and Knicks continue to miss the playoffs the next two seasons.

Return to Toronto Raptors