ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Cap Situation - Woj: Cap at 70 million, Tax 84.7 million

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Re: Raptors Cap Situation - Post DeMarre Carroll (How Much is Left for LA/Matthews?) 

Post#481 » by Mascot » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:32 pm

Powell is not signed. We have 11 roster spots filled so one empty roster spot taking up min space if I have the amounts right.

$8,688,156
Available
dhackett1565
Sixth Man
And1: 1,678
Location: Pessimist central, wondering how I got here, unable to find my way out.

Re: Raptors Cap Situation - Post DeMarre Carroll (How Much is Left for LA/Matthews?) 

Post#482 » by dhackett1565 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:08 pm

Wright should be 1,509,360.
Alfred re: Coach Mitchell - "My doctor botched my surgury and sewed my hand to my head, but I can't really comment on that, because I'm not a doctor, and thus he is above my criticism."
dhackett1565
Sixth Man
Location: Pessimist central, wondering how I got here, unable to find my way out.

Post#483 » by dhackett1565 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:09 pm

Nogueira is 1,842,000.
Alfred re: Coach Mitchell - "My doctor botched my surgury and sewed my hand to my head, but I can't really comment on that, because I'm not a doctor, and thus he is above my criticism."
El Bow
Pro Prospect
And1: 667

Post#484 » by El Bow » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:20 pm

It's only a $600k difference but Demar's cap hit will probably drop back to $9.5M once the moratorium period ends next week. His performance bonus will go back to being listed as "unlikely"
dhackett1565
Sixth Man

Post#485 » by dhackett1565 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:26 pm

It should indeed go back down. I've been saying so to Wolstat, who has said his NBA contact disagrees, but I can't find anywhere in the CBA that would allow that to happen.
El Bow
Pro Prospect
And1: 667

Post#486 » by El Bow » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:40 pm

The consensus is that Demar's bonus is tied to whether or not he makes the all-star team, which he did in 2014 but not this previous season (hence why it's assumed to go back down).

I don't have time to read through it all but the answer should be within http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q74
...The determination of whether an incentive is likely or unlikely is based on whether the criterion was achieved in the previous season. [...] All performance incentives are re-evaluated at the start of each season to determine whether they should be classified as likely or not likely to be achieved.
dhackett1565
Sixth Man

Post#487 » by dhackett1565 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:09 pm

The actual wording from the CBA, Article VII, Section 3(d)-(1):

For purposes of determining a player’s Salary each Salary Cap Year, except as provided in Sections 3(d)(2)-(4) below, any Performance Bonus (provided such Performance Bonus may be included in a Player Contract in accordance with Section 5(d) below), shall be included in Salary only if such Performance Bonus would be earned if the Team’s or player’s performance were identical to the performance in the immediately preceding Salary Cap Year.

Sections 3(d)-(2 to 4) are exceptions related to issues when signing a new deal or extension, switching teams, or being claimed by an expansion team, none of which apply to DeRozan.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#488 » by Kinger95 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:39 am

So if we waive ridnour we would have 8mill in space? Or is it 8 mill after he's waived?
goldenhawk
Junior
And1: 275

Post#489 » by goldenhawk » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:48 am

Oh man, wonder what we will be offering JV next year
dhackett1565
Sixth Man

Post#490 » by dhackett1565 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:58 am

goldenhawk wrote:Oh man, wonder what we will be offering JV next year

Might find out this summer - he's up for extension.
dhackett1565
Sixth Man

Post#491 » by dhackett1565 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:00 am

Kinger95 wrote:So if we waive ridnour we would have 8mill in space? Or is it 8 mill after he's waived?

Depends on what cap number you believe. Original NBA projection was 67.1M, reports have been that it is coming in 2 million higher. If you buy the 69 M cap, once we waive Ridnour we will have just over 10.5M in cap space.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#492 » by Skeezo » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:12 am

dhackett1565 wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:Oh man, wonder what we will be offering JV next year

Might find out this summer - he's up for extension.

Might be smart to try and lock him up... Big Men haven't been getting astronomical salaries outside of Jordan, Aldridge, Gasol, Millsap, B.Lopez. Outside of Lopez it's pretty safe to presume that JV is not on any of these guys levels... When R.Lopez, G.Monroe, Thompson aren't even getting full max deals, I would say the market is pretty good to lock him up using these comparisons... Next year's free agent market for Centers is thin & even though we have his restricted rights I would be scared someone threw him some loopy offer after Drummond, Howard, Horford get locked up...

5yr/82.5m (16.5m) should do it... Little bit better money than Thompson/Drummond, while still giving him the security... If JV continues to progress, that deal will look amazing not only next year when it starts but even better by the end
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#493 » by Skeezo » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:28 pm

Updated Cap Sheet after Biyombo deal..

This takes in to consideration that Biyombo is being signed to the Room Exception which is a 2yr/5.7m deal under league rules that will not affect our current cap space...

For my Cap Sheet I put D.Carroll on a front loaded contract... Since its doubtful of signing anybody else of substantial dollars let's take a larger hit on DC's deal this year to make it lesser later on... With that in mind it shows we have 9.2m in remaining space, if needed however we can flip it to a backloaded contract & Raps would have 10.6m in remaining space

Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#494 » by Mascot » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:53 am

Update: added Bismack Biyombo, fixed Lucas Nogueira and Demar DeRozan's salaries
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Raptors Cap Situation - Post Cory Joesph + Bismack Biyombo 

Post#496 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:28 am

Update - July 5th Cory Joesph + Bismarck Biyombo
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#497 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:31 am

Skies & Mascot i also added your new updates to the OP
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,662

Post#498 » by Zeno » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:41 am

So as it stands, they likely have to waive Ridnour to create the space rather than holding on to him to make a trade unless the cap is the full 69 million and they backload Carroll and Joseph, correct?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#499 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:45 am

Zeno wrote:So as it stands, they likely have to waive Ridnour to create the space rather than holding on to him to make a trade unless the cap is the full 69 million and they backload Carroll and Joseph, correct?

I see Ridnour as trade fodder. I believe (might be wrong on this) but because he was acquired via a TE and not in a player-player transaction he can be included with other players.

They won't have space by waiving Ridnour. They are at 69 million without him included in my calculation.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,662

Post#500 » by Zeno » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:51 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
Zeno wrote:So as it stands, they likely have to waive Ridnour to create the space rather than holding on to him to make a trade unless the cap is the full 69 million and they backload Carroll and Joseph, correct?

I see Ridnour as trade fodder. I believe (might be wrong on this) but because he was acquired via a TE and not in a player-player transaction he can be included with other players.

They won't have space by waiving Ridnour. They are at 69 million without him included in my calculation.

That's my point. If they are at 69 with Ridnour, they need to waive him to create the space to sign the players they have committed to (Carroll and Joseph).

...Wait a minute. you have Biyombo as part of the 69 million but he's a space exception signing so they actually will have 2.5 million or so in space depending on the cap number and how the contract are backloaded. So they can keep Ridnour on team as trade fodder as you say. got it I think.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Return to Toronto Raptors