ImageImageImageImageImage

Per Aldridge: Al Farouq-Aminu (2 yrs/$2.1 mill) to Dallas

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Re: Per Aldridge: Al Farouq-Aminu (2 yrs/$2.1 mill) to Dalla 

Post#61 » by jonny three time » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:57 pm

This off season has shown us how valued 3 pt shooting is around the league. Most of the guys who have been overpaid are shooters who are solid enough defensively to not be a liability. On the other hand, some of the best "value" contracts are toolbox guys with weak jumpshots.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Re: Per Aldridge: Al Farouq-Aminu to Dallas (2 yrs/$2.1 mill 

Post#62 » by Dalek » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:35 pm

dirkster41 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
dirkster41 wrote:
Dirk was almost in the 50-40-90 category last season. He might not have scored much like in the past, but he is still efficient. Rebounding needs to come back though.

Well, with Dirk and Monta they almost took down the defending champs. Not by defending though but by outscoring them so I guess that's something :lol:

To be fair, Dirk is still a great player, but he defers more now to Ellis in clutch situations. He justisn't at that MVP level he was from a few years ago.

That's the reason why Ellis was signed in the first place and also why Parsons was signed, to relieve the pressure off Dirk. Dirk acknowledges the fact that he is not the first option in clutch situations.

Cuban is trying for the past couple of seasons to get the star that will push Dirk role to that 2nd/3rd option and we all know how it turned out. I think it was just last season that Cuban figured out that there was a Plan B and that is to field a competitive team until Dirk retires.

You can't blame them for trying to get another star to pair with Dirk, but failing that, they should have moved on. Look at the Lakers and Celtics now. They are positioning for a rebuild and will get there faster than Dallas. Even Houston took its lumps post-Yao.

It's a tough situation for Dallas: Good coach that wants to compete, HoF player who still has game, fans and ownership who cannot accept not making the playoffs. Dallas is a fun team to watch but I think they would be better served dealing Dirk to teams like Chicago or Houston to give him a last shot at a ring, and get some good players back in return.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#63 » by IMAN5 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm

an absolute steal. great signing by the mavs.
instagram.com/510movement
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#64 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Again bottoming out isn't the only way to rebuild. A starting wing combo of Ellis and Parsons is an excellent start to building a contender. If anyone thinks Dirk is still not a nightmare then you're simply mistaken.

Now add the fact that only Dirk, CP, and Harris are on the books after next season, I think they are in very good shape

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors