ImageImageImageImageImage

Bruno Caboclo Summer League Evaluation (Video)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Re: Bruno Caboclo Summer League Evaluation (Video) 

Post#21 » by chuckdevlin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 pm

barrist wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:
Same, we replaced our whole FO( scouting staff), and have a scout-based gm; basedmasai

I knew everyone whining would change their minds eventually

yeah i didnt word that correctly

He hasn't done anything to warrant either being a good or bad pick.

im just saying, the extreme bashing has gone to extreme nuthugging
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#22 » by MEDIC » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 pm

barrist wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:
Same, we replaced our whole FO( scouting staff), and have a scout-based gm; basedmasai

He hasn't done anything to warrant either being a good or bad pick.

He's shown good upside (Plays hard, aggressive, not afraid of contact, good 3 point shot, good mobility for his size, freakish length).

If he showed up at SL, looked completely lost on the court & wasn't aggressive I would have concerns.....but that wasn't the case.

That's enough for me in terms of justifying the pick. Whether he turns into something or not is an entirely different story.........although I can't imagine with his physical tools that he will turn out to be a complete bust (especially with an NBA club developing him from such a young age).
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#23 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:46 pm

drk3351 wrote:Hey Raptors fans, I made a video breaking down Bruno's game tape from one of his SL games. I take a look at where he can improve, and where he already excels. Let me know what you think and thanks for watching.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucuLYUaecg[/youtube]

On point. I could not even think of anything to add to your analysis. Thank you for doing this!
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#24 » by Tacoma » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:40 pm

chuckdevlin wrote:
Chriscross wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:remember when most was mad at the bruno pick?

#trustmasai

Fixed.

Posting here on draft night, I felt like I was one of 4-5 posters defending the pick from the beginning and then a swarm of other posters claiming that they no longer trusted Masai, he probably wont be in the NBA for another couple of years, here we go its another Araujo...... :onfire:

Good video OP! Very well done analysis :wordyo:

Revisionist history at it's finest. :roll:

It wasn't just this board, it was the basketball community in general who thought he was picked too high at #20 and had Ennis been available, it would be him instead of Caboclo (we know now that no trade for Memphis' #22 was pending).

You guys talk as if Caboclo has done anything significant since draft day to prove anyone wrong either way that would change anyone's mind. This SL video changes nothing in terms of expectations.

He's still very raw and could either be a bust or surprise of the draft, but we're still 2 years away from being 2 years away from know this. We are no further on Caboclo's evaluation today than on draft day.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#25 » by CoachJReturns » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:33 am

Chriscross wrote:
chuckdevlin wrote:remember when most was mad at the bruno pick?

#trustmasai

Fixed.

Posting here on draft night, I felt like I was one of 4-5 posters defending the pick from the beginning and then a swarm of other posters claiming that they no longer trusted Masai, he probably wont be in the NBA for another couple of years, here we go its another Araujo...... :onfire:

Good video OP! Very well done analysis :wordyo:

My initial reacftion was WTF, dammit, son of a bitch, F##########k. Then I calmed down two minutes later and investigated. In 15 minutes I was more excited than I have been for any pick since T Mac.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#26 » by CoachJReturns » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:52 am

Really nice analysis. Good job. Seems like he will get minutes with the club for his defense first, as soon as he improves his close outs and remembers to always box out on the defensive glass. I think Bruno is really Casey's ideal wing and he will help him fix those simple issues very soon. I love the overall effort and activity level Bruno shows on defense. Also, shot selection will likely improve when he plays minutes for the club as the veterans on the team will probably make it clear very early on that they won't tolerate it. This team has great chemistry, so they probably won't need to say anything. He'll just catch on. Offensively, he should be at least productive, if not great, as soon as he learns to screen and roll better. Overall, a very good analysis. I really love Masai's first draft selection for the club. He's already filled the roster with a group of solid role players, so he decided to try for a home run. Even if Bruno doesn't become another AK47 or Tayshaun, picking Bruno was the right decision.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#27 » by IMAN5 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 pm

good break down.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Toronto Raptors