ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Love to Cavs Official; Wiggins, AB, Thad to MIN.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Re: OT: Love to Cavs official tonight; Wiggins, AB, Thad to  

Post#101 » by lander » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Thread title should be changed, trade is already official per Cleveland Cavaliers' team statement.
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#102 » by Hit Em Up » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Drake influence is too strong. Drake starts calling Toronto the 6, so James starts calling Cleveland "the Land".

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/503256702574399488[/tweet]
[instagram]http://instagram.com/p/sDUhEkiTJM/[/instagram]
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#103 » by lander » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Looks so old in that image lol.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#104 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:If minny got back Noel Nerlens , this would by FAR the best off season and most underrated one in the league. I mean sure Lebron James and Kevin Love is the best , but the unprecedented haul they got back for Kevin love, Shved, + extras would be just absolutely crazy.

Rubio
Wiggins
Thad
Bennet
Noel

.. That team with the right coach is unstoppable. And VERY young.

But still I love what Minny got back. Best return by far for a disgruntled star player.

How the hell would they get Noel without giving up Bennet or Wiggins? Noel is a key piece of the Philly rebuild, so he wasn't going to be made available for a first round pick.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,005

Post#105 » by mieshpal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:If minny got back Noel Nerlens , this would by FAR the best off season and most underrated one in the league. I mean sure Lebron James and Kevin Love is the best , but the unprecedented haul they got back for Kevin love, Shved, + extras would be just absolutely crazy.

Rubio
Wiggins
Thad
Bennet
Noel

But still I love what Minny got back. Best return by far for a disgruntled star player.

That team is unstoppable LMAO!! according to who, the charlotte hornets front office

Sent from my SGH-I747M using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#106 » by Hero » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 pm

J-Roc wrote:Last summer, would you guys have traded the number one pick for Kevin Love? How about two consecutive. I think Wiggins' stock has really dropped. He needs to prove otherwise.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If Wiggins was a can't miss prospect like your ADs or your Dwights then no way he gets traded. He has a lot of work to do and even if he becomes an All Star and more, it could take a good 5 years. Love makes much more sense for the Cavs.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,742

Post#107 » by And1Skip » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 am

hkr wrote:Like many others here I'm not sure if Wiggins will ever live up to the hype but given the contract situation of Love, the Cavs did very well. Makes me sad about what the Raptors received in return for their previous star players, Carter, T-Mac, Bosh, Damon Stoudamire,

Actually what we got for Damon were Alvin Williams and Kenny Anderson who turned into Chauncey Billips and eventually the 5th pick (Bender) that turned into AD. So that traded ended up being franchise changing which was impressive since Damon publicly wanted out and Kenny Anderson chained himself to his locker and refused to report to the Raptors.

Sent from my C6506 using RealGM Forums mobile app
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#108 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 am

Hero wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Last summer, would you guys have traded the number one pick for Kevin Love? How about two consecutive. I think Wiggins' stock has really dropped. He needs to prove otherwise.

If Wiggins was a can't miss prospect like your ADs or your Dwights then no way he gets traded. He has a lot of work to do and even if he becomes an All Star and more, it could take a good 5 years. Love makes much more sense for the Cavs.

disagree bruh Love is the king of empty stats his teams have won more than 30 games just once think about that lmao, Wiggins is a lock down defender right now who can help LBJ take the easier assignment on that side of the floor because of the load he carries on O, I'm just happy we can see Wiggins with his own team I think down the line he will be a rly good player better than love SAS and Skip ruined the poor guys reputation and act like hes a compelte scrub or garbage
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Re: OT: Love to Cavs Official; Wiggins, AB, Thad to MIN. 

Post#109 » by VinBaker6 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
Hero wrote:

disagree bruh Love is the king of empty stats his teams have won more than 30 games just once think about that lmao, Wiggins is a lock down defender right now who can help LBJ take the easier assignment on that side of the floor because of the load he carries on O, I'm just happy we can see Wiggins with his own team I think down the line he will be a rly good player better than love SAS and Skip ruined the poor guys reputation and act like hes a compelte scrub or garbage

I agree man, those two clowns ruined his rep a little to fans.

Sent from my SGH-T589W using Tapatalk 2

S/O to TZ!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#110 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:59 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
Hero wrote:

I agree man, those two clowns ruined his rep a little to fans.

Sent from my SGH-T589W using Tapatalk 2

the amount of disrespect being shown to Wiggins is disgusting I hope he takes it out on opposing teams next year and wins R.O.Y, the man was the #1 pick...
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#111 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:59 am

This trade has nothing to do with Wiggins' stock. Cleveland wants to win now, and their GM doesn't know how to negotiate. That's why Wiggins was traded.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#112 » by RaptorNews » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 am

Cleveland made the right move. They just paid a lot.

But it was either Love or wait for Wiggins to develop while the best player in the world is in his prime.

Now their team is absolutely stacked. I'm scared.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#113 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
Hero wrote:

I doubt Wiggins will be a lock down defender in his first year. Rookies generally aren't great defenders. Defense gets better with experience, NBA players are 10x more versatile than college. Wiggins probably will end up on a lot of all-defensive teams, but not his first year. Even AD wasn't a good defender his first year.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#114 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
Hero wrote:

I doubt Wiggins will be a lock down defender in his first year. Rookies generally aren't great defenders. Defense gets better with experience, NBA players are 10x more versatile than college. Wiggins probably will end up on a lot of all-defensive teams, but not his first year. Even AD wasn't a good defender his first year.

Right now Wiggys' defense is better than his offense that is a great sign I think he could have been LBJ's D-wade in the future how they used to fly around the court with that scary D they had in Miami, Love is a terrible defender and can't hold down the paint, not impressed by this trade for Cle 3bh will be rooting for Wiggins to tear up the league in Minny

EDIT: the "stars" on Cle aren't two way players outside of LBJ
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#115 » by MisterHibachi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:16 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:disagree bruh Love is the king of empty stats his teams have won more than 30 games just once think about that lmao, Wiggins is a lock down defender right now who can help LBJ take the easier assignment on that side of the floor because of the load he carries on O, I'm just happy we can see Wiggins with his own team I think down the line he will be a rly good player better than love SAS and Skip ruined the poor guys reputation and act like hes a compelte scrub or garbage

Right now Wiggys' defense is better than his offense that is a great sign I think he could have been LBJ's D-wade in the future how they used to fly around the court with that scary D they had in Miami, Love is a terrible defender and can't hold down the paint, not impressed by this trade for Cle 3bh will be rooting for Wiggins to tear up the league in Minny

EDIT: the "stars" on Cle aren't two way players outside of LBJ

LeBron's turning 30. Who knows how long Wiggins would take to turn into that defensive monster. Love isn't the ideal first option, but he's pretty good for a second option. I think this trade works for both sides, which is rare. Wiggins gets to develop in Sota on his own team then come to Toronto a grown man and Cleveland can compete for championshis now.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#116 » by RaptorNews » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:47 am

Wiggins is a "defensive monster" like Drummond is a "defensive monster". He seems like he has the tools but it will be years before he plays proper NBA defense
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#117 » by Clementine9 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:15 am

RaptorNews wrote:Wiggins is a "defensive monster" like Drummond is a "defensive monster". He seems like he has the tools but it will be years before he plays proper NBA defense

Disagree with this. No reason he can't step up right away. Amazing length, athleticism, and lateral quickness to lock down pretty much anyone he'll guard. He'll need to get the hang of team defense but I'm sure he could do that in less than a season and then just refine it as he goes.
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#118 » by Mack11 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:45 am

I gotta say its a lot easier to cheer for the wolves than the cavs.. thank god this trade happened
hkr
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#119 » by hkr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 am

Clementine9 wrote:Disagree with this. No reason he can't step up right away. Amazing length, athleticism, and lateral quickness to lock down pretty much anyone he'll guard. He'll need to get the hang of team defense but I'm sure he could do that in less than a season and then just refine it as he goes.

There are lots of reasons why he can't step up right away. Predicting perimeter defensive performance is particularly hard because a lot of it is mental and the experience where things can happen so quickly with screens getting in your way left and right. While no one questions Wiggin's athleticism and length, the questions have already been raised regarding his defensive postures and the general stiffness throughout his game, which also seems to affect his offensive game as well.

Someone else brought up D-Wade as a comparison and that's not quite right. Wade's skills and fluidity were never questioned, it was his height and the tweener label that hurt him.

Also if you look back on history, guys like Vince Carter and Rudy Gay were thought to have great potential as lock down defender out of college because they had amazing length and athleticism. Even Iverson at the draft was considered to have a great deal of potential as a disruptive defensive force with his unique athleticism and he was definitely wrecking havocs at Georgetown. None of those guys turned out to be particularly defensive minded.

In college just by having supreme physical talent one can be a good defensive player - see Carter and Iverson above - but it's difficult to predict how the player will turn out in the NBA. Wiggins may very well turn out to be a special defender but the Cavs aren't really in the position to spend time to find out when someone like Love is available.
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#120 » by godkingleonidas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:48 am

Rubio
Wiggins
Thad
Bennet
Noel

The T-Wolves have Gorgui Deng. They don't need Nerlens Noel. :wink:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbot-rwWnRc[/youtube]

Return to Toronto Raptors