ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Love to Cavs Official; Wiggins, AB, Thad to MIN.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Re: OT: Wolves To Receive Wiggins, Bennett, & Thad. 

Post#81 » by jonny three time » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:06 pm

AkronsFinest91 wrote:
gamer1035 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
We've never dealt with an organisation as inept as Cleveland.

exactly this. Cleveland is a bunch of idiots. They draft poorly with off the board failed picks (Bennett, Thompson, Waiters), unless the consensus forces their pick.

Tell me one package that anyone else offered for Love that was even close to Wiggins. Why the **** did they include Bennett and a first? There was no package even close to Wiggins by himself.

Minesota was forced to trade Love (FA next year) which means they had no leverage. Yet Cleveland got bent over and **** cause they are run by idiots.

So if the Cavaliers don't include Andrew Wiggins how exactly are they supposed to acquire Kevin Love? The only other assets on the team are Waiters, Tristan and Bennett whom you basically labeled all trash. So again how are they supposed to get Kevin Love without Wiggins? :crazy: I'll wait

He never said to not include Wiggins. He said that Wiggins alone should have got it done as he holds more value then any other offer. The other assets are them just overpaying.

Don't be so quick to :crazy: or you might be the one who looks :crazy:
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Re: OT: Love to Cavs official tonight; Wiggins, AB, Thad to  

Post#82 » by HeartBreaking » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Thank god wiggins won't be a role player. LeCock would['ve ruined his career
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Post#83 » by niQ » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Cheers. Here's to hoping Wiggins comes to TO as soon as he's an UFA...
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#84 » by suntzuballin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 pm

bosh for couple number 1's in a strong and weak class draft plus thad young lol
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#85 » by suntzuballin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 pm

bosh and carter for one number 1 and thad young we all jump for joy!
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#86 » by improper » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 pm

jonny three time wrote:He never said to not include Wiggins. He said that Wiggins alone should have got it done as he holds more value then any other offer. The other assets are them just overpaying.

Don't be so quick to :crazy: or you might be the one who looks :crazy:

Apparently he lives in some fantasy world where there is no CBA and you don't have to match salaries.
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#87 » by suntzuballin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:03 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:Thank god wiggins won't be a role player. LeCock would['ve ruined his career

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#88 » by suntzuballin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Im still wonderin why cavs didnt take back berra...now they have 3 pg ...mo and berra arent 3rd stringers

suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#89 » by suntzuballin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:06 pm

suntzuballin wrote:Im still wonderin why cavs didnt take back berra.....mo and berra arent 3rd stringers

shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#90 » by shmoosicle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:19 pm

suntzuballin wrote:Im still wonderin why cavs didnt take back berra...now they have 3 pg ...mo and berra arent 3rd stringers

I didn't think anyone wanted JJ Barea...
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#91 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:37 pm

If minny got back Noel Nerlens , this would by FAR the best off season and most underrated one in the league. I mean sure Lebron James and Kevin Love is the best , but the unprecedented haul they got back for Kevin love, Shved, + extras would be just absolutely crazy.

Rubio
Wiggins
Thad
Bennet
Noel

.. That team with the right coach is unstoppable. And VERY young.

But still I love what Minny got back. Best return by far for a disgruntled star player.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#92 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

It would be pretty dirty if Minny reneged on a handshake.
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#93 » by tdotboyy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:00 am

is it OFFICIAL YET???????????????????
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#94 » by improper » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:05 pm

suntzuballin wrote:Im still wonderin why cavs didnt take back berra...now they have 3 pg ...mo and berra arent 3rd stringers

Why would the Cavs want him? He's a subpar, undersized back-up point guard. The Cavs already have three guys in the starting line-up who can handle the ball and pass it (LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters) and a solid back-up point guard who is 6'4" and can defend two positions in Dellavedova. Barea does nothing for them.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,534

Post#95 » by Rapcity_11 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:If minny got back Noel Nerlens , this would by FAR the best off season and most underrated one in the league. I mean sure Lebron James and Kevin Love is the best , but the unprecedented haul they got back for Kevin love, Shved, + extras would be just absolutely crazy.

Rubio
Wiggins
Thad
Bennet
Noel

.. That team with the right coach is unstoppable. And VERY young.

But still I love what Minny got back. Best return by far for a disgruntled star player.

Where does this hypothetical come from? It wasn't even a remote possibility.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#96 » by J-Roc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Last summer, would you guys have traded the number one pick for Kevin Love? How about two consecutive. I think Wiggins' stock has really dropped. He needs to prove otherwise.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#97 » by Lord Eder » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 pm

wolfv wrote:
truthrising wrote:Wow, how come we never got that value from our trades whenever we're dealing with disgruntled stars?! smh

Only recent "star" who wanted out like Love has was VC, and MLSE was a gong show back then (probably still is tbh with the Leiweke news)

I think the Melo to NY deal changed things when trading stars. Teams just wont give away their star players unless they're getting a great deal

I actually think the Carter trade itself changed the way trades involving disgruntled stars were handled. Nobody wanted to get fleeced like that again.

Thats a decent little haul for Phila btw, for a guy who was probably leaving at seasons end anyway, grabbed some nice smaller pieces
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#98 » by daswunderboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:34 pm

I really have to wonder if Flip would have taken Klay and Lee instead of this. What a great haul for a guy who wanted out. Gonna have to watch some Wolves games. Hopefully for their sake Rubio has been shooting jumpers all summer.
hkr
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#99 » by hkr » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Like many others here I'm not sure if Wiggins will ever live up to the hype but given the contract situation of Love, the Cavs did very well. Makes me sad about what the Raptors received in return for their previous star players, Carter, T-Mac, Bosh, Damon Stoudamire, etc.

knickerbocker2k2 wrote:This is good deal for Minny. IMO Love was overrated. They get replacement for him with Thad Young, who is another stat stuffer and poor mans Love.

To be considered a stat stuffer, the player actually has to have stats stuffed. Young's stats are mostly below average except he has a slightly higher than average point average. For instance Young grabs only roughly about half the rebounds per game compared to Love. That's not poor man's Love, that's dead hobo's Love.

Speaking of Love's stats stuffing, I'm flabbergasted by how other 9 players on the court let Love grab all the rebounds, make passes and even score at high % . I'd love to know how much bribe Love is paying them in order to get his stats stuffed like that.
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#100 » by LieCheatSteal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 pm

This is a damn good haul for Kevin Love.

Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins/Young/Pekovic with Barea, Martin, Dieng and Bennett off the bench is a good starting 5. Won't make the playoffs next year though in a deep Western conference but, from a rebuilding point of view, a better start.

I hate what the Sixers are doing. Expiring contracts and a 1st round pick in the 20s for Young is not a great haul. I think Luc MBah a Moute was brought in to help Embiid adjust to a potential bigger spotlight in the future (seeing his Twitter activity, he might need it).

Varejao/Love/James/Waiters/Irving is a great start for a dynasty. But their bench is a little iffy. I wonder if Lebron realized he could have got Young for the Heat's late rounder and cap space, he would have kept Bennett and Wiggins instead as bench pieces and just got Young as the starting PF for his team. Varejao/Young/James/Waiters/Irving with Wiggins, Bennett, Mike Miller and Hayward off the bench is more well rounded than the Varejao/Young/James/Waiters/Irving with Miller and Hayward potentially playing significant roles. The thing that killed Lebron's Heat was the lack of bench depth. With this Love move, it depletes the bench. However, he won it before with little bench depth so I guess he could do it again.
Two years from being two years away.

Return to Toronto Raptors