ImageImageImageImageImage

OT:FLoyd Mayweather doesnt know how to read.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Re: OT:FLoyd Mayweather doesnt know how to read. 

Post#41 » by m83588333 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 pm

As a person who also struggles with illiteracy I find his ability to overcome his problems and become a financial success inspiring.

Starting a forum called www.cantread.org where similar people can share stories about their difficulties.
Using Tapatalk
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#42 » by Green Backpack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Who cares, he can hire someone to read for him.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,346

Post#43 » by WiggOuts » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:53 pm

RoleModel wrote:People wonder why kids bully each other in school. They learn from adults lol... I don't really like Mayweather, but this was kind of low.

Also, I've been drinking.

there is absolutely nothing to low for Mayweather...nothing. That guy would stoop to any level...trust me, hes gonna do something or say something thatll remind you of this
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,045

Post#44 » by Scase » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:04 am

basketball royalty wrote:
brady10 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with the raptors but I saw this and didn't know wheter to laugh or cry.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW3AVcxX-lk[/youtube]

This guys is an ****. Let me see, a professional radio personality is making fun of a boxer for not being able to read drops well? He then goes on to show how well he can do it? Duh, thats your job douchbag, I should hope you can fly through that and I am also sure you practiced it before going on air.

Why not get in a ring with him and watch him make fun of you for not being able to take punches to the face?

edit- Read more about Floyd in this thread and he seems like a real ass. So if radio guy was on him because he thinks Floyd is a real ass and not because he had a hard time reading a drop then its a bit different situation.

I'm sorry but, reading those drops would be doable by a 6th grader. It's basic English comprehension, he's not asking him to read a 1000 page dissertation on particle physics.
Props TZ!
Ganjamayne
Starter
And1: 5,305

Post#45 » by Ganjamayne » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:14 am

vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#46 » by vaff87 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:23 am

No idea if he legitimately can't read or not, but if he can't, it's his own fault. He can obviously afford to pay for an education, if he wants it.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#47 » by cb4_89 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:10 am

Scase wrote:
brady10 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with the raptors but I saw this and didn't know wheter to laugh or cry.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW3AVcxX-lk[/youtube]

This guys is an ****. Let me see, a professional radio personality is making fun of a boxer for not being able to read drops well? He then goes on to show how well he can do it? Duh, thats your job douchbag, I should hope you can fly through that and I am also sure you practiced it before going on air.

Why not get in a ring with him and watch him make fun of you for not being able to take punches to the face?

edit- Read more about Floyd in this thread and he seems like a real ass. So if radio guy was on him because he thinks Floyd is a real ass and not because he had a hard time reading a drop then its a bit different situation.

I'm sorry but, reading those drops would be doable by a 6th grader. It's basic English comprehension, he's not asking him to read a 1000 page dissertation on particle physics.

It didn't look to me like Floyd was trying to read it quickly. He kept restarting. It seemed like he was nervous and thought he had to say the full sentence perfectly. I mean there were times where he said 90% of the sentence and then started from the beginning. It was like he was treating it like a commercial or something. If you mess up, the director yells cut and you start again.

Doesn't mean he can't read. He could have just been nervous. Hell if you gave me a couple of sentences to read in front of millions of people and said "read this until you read it with absolutely no mistakes", I might end up looking like an illiterate hick as well.
kevindurant1
Junior
And1: 162

Post#48 » by kevindurant1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 am

He can read. The problem sounds like he can't get the words out right. Its probably because he has been boxing so long.

What I find hilarious is 50 cent. This guy is just straight clowning on floyd. LMAO.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#49 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:52 am

Ganjamayne wrote:Image

Not right to air his out takes. Betrayal of trust by the station, imo. But this pic had me dying.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#50 » by will » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 am

ash_k wrote:Lock this one, Mod:

That deduction from the gross pay to net pay is gangsta :lol:
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#51 » by Ong_dynasty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:45 am

cb4_89 wrote:
Scase wrote:

It didn't look to me like Floyd was trying to read it quickly. He kept restarting. It seemed like he was nervous and thought he had to say the full sentence perfectly. I mean there were times where he said 90% of the sentence and then started from the beginning. It was like he was treating it like a commercial or something. If you mess up, the director yells cut and you start again.

Doesn't mean he can't read. He could have just been nervous. Hell if you gave me a couple of sentences to read in front of millions of people and said "read this until you read it with absolutely no mistakes", I might end up looking like an illiterate hick as well.

Lol..the guy does press conferences and boxes in front of millions and you think he gets nervous reading on radio.
GTFO.
He can't read at an adult standard. Plain and simple.
Heck he can stop the whole thing by reading 1 page of Harry potter.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#52 » by SFour » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Floyd can't read? People just want a reason to hate on him because they are jealous of his money/fame.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#53 » by team edward » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 am

raptor jesus wrote:I'd definitely trade my literacy for the ability to make 30 million for one night's work.

And suffer dementia by age 45 from repeated blows to the head?
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#54 » by Patman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 am

SFour wrote:Floyd can't read? People just want a reason to hate on him because they are jealous of his money/fame.

LMAO. He brings the hate unto himself. He's earned the money and fame, but also the hate, at the very least. The guy is a serial unapologetic woman beater. He has a real Napoleon's complex.

There are lots of rich and famous folk that don't get the hate Floyd does b/c they don't deserve it.

People don't hate Donald Sterling because he's rich and fans wish they owned a team. C'mon now.
EJaggit
Starter
And1: 2,328

Post#55 » by EJaggit » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 am

Mayweather should buy the Raptors.................. :D
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Ong_dynasty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 am

SFour wrote:Floyd can't read? People just want a reason to hate on him because they are jealous of his money/fame.

Haha..here is the problem.
I rate him and called him one of the best boxers I have ever seen and as a pacquiao fan I still have a feeling he would win(my heart says PAC.)
What he has done to promote himself. Great.

But why is it when you see a fault it someone rich and famous it's hating?
My problem is society will accept this being normal and fine as long as you make money. I don't.
As I said earlier and maybe I expect a lot. Reading and basic math should be a minimum for adults in developed worlds without disabilities.
What I don't want to see and what is happening with comments like yours is, kids growing up will think intelligence is unnecessary as long as you make money.

The thing is, what I think Floyd should do is admit he struggles and sponsor reading for kids with 50's money. That will be a great "p.r" move for him and great cause. But his ego won't let him.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Ong_dynasty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
Ganjamayne wrote:Image

Not right to air his out takes. Betrayal of trust by the station, imo. But this pic had me dying.

On the topic on bringing him out by a radio station.
It was low..really low...
But he has gone lower so...meh.
I'd feel more sympathy if it was someone more humble
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#58 » by IMAN5 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm

he can read just not well.

I like his response to 50.
instagram.com/510movement
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Post#59 » by Chuck Newhouse » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:24 pm

team edward wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:I'd definitely trade my literacy for the ability to make 30 million for one night's work.

And suffer dementia by age 45 from repeated blows to the head?

His defence is way too good...Floyd doesn't take repeated blows to the head.

Return to Toronto Raptors