ImageImageImageImageImage

Steph Curry's days in Toronto

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

360windmill
Rookie
And1: 906

Steph Curry's days in Toronto 

Post#1 » by 360windmill » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:07 pm

A pretty cool interview with the Curry family from 2002. It features quite a bit of a young Steph. Bring him home ! :'(

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuBTXk30iKE[/youtube]

Seing off the hardwood is so nostalgic, especially for those who had Raptors TV in its first season on air. It was sort of like a miniature "open court" of the 2001 Raps. Some other cool features for those suffering in the dog days of the NBA :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqijjILHg5Q[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBbmBfCqKiI[/youtube]
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Re: Steph Curry's days in Toronto 

Post#2 » by TorontoRapture » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 pm

PURPLE FEVER FOREVER! ...miss those days.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,823

Post#3 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Stephen was sooooooooooooooooo adorable!
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#4 » by Bankai » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Remember that he was one coin flip ahead of Derozan..
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#5 » by Stolen Identity » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Bankai wrote:Remember that he was one coin flip ahead of Derozan..

Minnesota picked 2 PG's ahead of him too.
Stuck in Dystopia.
joseph235
Banned User
And1: 1,895

Post#6 » by joseph235 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Drake better get in his bed tonight.
DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#7 » by DeadHorse » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Umm uhhh..... bring him home
HireTZ (And Bruno).
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#8 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 pm

LMAO I remember knicks fans booed him when gsw took him :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#9 » by Inevitable » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:30 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:

Knicks will forever be taking Ls
YoungG
Head Coach
And1: 4,505

Post#10 » by YoungG » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:45 pm

I always tell people he's from Toronto just for **** and giggles.
TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#11 » by TANKNATION » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:13 am

bring him home
:crazy:
Raptors_Dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 8,943

Post#12 » by Raptors_Dynasty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 am

5:11 last video killed me hahahaah

Man look at those cars from 2001... Straight out of fast and the furious. If you drove that type of stuff today you get laughed at :lol:
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#13 » by Chriscross » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:24 am

Steph Curry is my favorite player in the NBA. I knew he would become my favorite player the moment his college career began

There are so many reasons to like him

- Dell Curry was/is a boss, knew Steph would be the same
- Toronto Connections
- Didn't go to a big college
- An underdog his whole career, I remember before the draft so many people thought he would bust because he was 1 dimensional
- Such a pleasure to watch. 3 point shooting, handles, playmaking, etc...
- Low maintenance person, doesn't attract too much attention to himself
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#14 » by tdotboyy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:50 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:

and right after they selected jordan hill and booed him lmao
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#15 » by gamer4Life » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 pm

He wants to go home :cry:

http://sportsglory.com/nba/stephen-curr ... z3AEMtXBCD

The Golden State Warriors are excited about another season with star point guard Stephen Curry leading the way, but they may have some concern about his future in Oakland.
Curry talked last week on The Doug Gottlieb Show about potentially going back to his home team and playing at some point in his career. It was very obvious that Curry is intrigued with the idea, and could end up doing that when his next contract rolls around.
“I’ve always had thoughts about playing at home, what it would be like,” Curry said, via Diamond Leung of Inside the Bay Area. “My dad played there for 10 years, and people around the Greater Charlotte area in North Carolina have done a lot for my family growing up, so you always think about it. Right now I feel like I’ve got three years left on my deal, so this isn’t going to be an issue for me for a while. I love the Bay Area and where we are as a team trying to win a championship, and that’s what it’s all about. Of course everybody dreams about or thinks about what it’s going to be like to play at home. Obviously if that opportunity comes along it’s a different discussion.”
Those are the type of quotes that can concern a franchise about the future of their star players. Curry is obviously looking ahead to that potentiality, and if it presented itself it seems like he would be more inclined to return home than stay with the Warriors. That being said, it’s hard to know exactly what he’s thinking off of those recent quotes.
Curry has been improving steadily since coming into the NBA, and had the best all-around season of his career last season. He averaged 24.0 points, 8.5 assists, and 4.3 rebounds per game. There is no question that he has become one of the most dangerous scorers in the NBA, but he has also improved his playmaking ability to force defenses to respect that area of his game as well.
All of that being said, the draw to play at home is obviously on Curry’s mind and he has thought about it in the past. It would take some things happening and falling into place for it to come about, but it’s not necessarily out of the question. The Hornets are currently happy with young point guard Kemba Walker, and they just signed Lance Stephenson as well to go along with Al Jefferson.
Overall, the Warriors will have to work hard to lock Curry up to another extension before this deal ends in a few years. He is too important to what they’re trying to do, and if they lose him, they can kiss their championship hopes goodbye. They are a very young team that is moving the right direction with a young star leading the way, but it is a bit unnerving that he has thought about playing elsewhere already.
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#16 » by RINSE » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Dell's wife though
360windmill
Rookie
And1: 906

Post#17 » by 360windmill » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:40 pm

gamer4Life wrote:He wants to go home :cry:

http://sportsglory.com/nba/stephen-curr ... z3AEMtXBCD

The Golden State Warriors are excited about another season with star point guard Stephen Curry leading the way, but they may have some concern about his future in Oakland.
Curry talked last week on The Doug Gottlieb Show about potentially going back to his home team and playing at some point in his career. It was very obvious that Curry is intrigued with the idea, and could end up doing that when his next contract rolls around.
“I’ve always had thoughts about playing at home, what it would be like,” Curry said, via Diamond Leung of Inside the Bay Area. “My dad played there for 10 years, and people around the Greater Charlotte area in North Carolina have done a lot for my family growing up, so you always think about it. Right now I feel like I’ve got three years left on my deal, so this isn’t going to be an issue for me for a while. I love the Bay Area and where we are as a team trying to win a championship, and that’s what it’s all about. Of course everybody dreams about or thinks about what it’s going to be like to play at home. Obviously if that opportunity comes along it’s a different discussion.”
Those are the type of quotes that can concern a franchise about the future of their star players. Curry is obviously looking ahead to that potentiality, and if it presented itself it seems like he would be more inclined to return home than stay with the Warriors. That being said, it’s hard to know exactly what he’s thinking off of those recent quotes.
Curry has been improving steadily since coming into the NBA, and had the best all-around season of his career last season. He averaged 24.0 points, 8.5 assists, and 4.3 rebounds per game. There is no question that he has become one of the most dangerous scorers in the NBA, but he has also improved his playmaking ability to force defenses to respect that area of his game as well.
All of that being said, the draw to play at home is obviously on Curry’s mind and he has thought about it in the past. It would take some things happening and falling into place for it to come about, but it’s not necessarily out of the question. The Hornets are currently happy with young point guard Kemba Walker, and they just signed Lance Stephenson as well to go along with Al Jefferson.
Overall, the Warriors will have to work hard to lock Curry up to another extension before this deal ends in a few years. He is too important to what they’re trying to do, and if they lose him, they can kiss their championship hopes goodbye. They are a very young team that is moving the right direction with a young star leading the way, but it is a bit unnerving that he has thought about playing elsewhere already.

Well guess where the hometown of Mrs. Curry is

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5G-NvD5Wo[/youtube]

@ 5:45
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#18 » by SwiftyV » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:16 pm

RINSE wrote:Dell's wife though

Yesssss.

When Seth Curry was at Duke she'd be at almost all of the games. The camera always panned to her. She's a favorite amongst Duke fans.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#19 » by theSkinny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm

DeadHorse wrote:Umm uhhh..... bring him home

To the Cavs? Cause according to the interview he was born in Akron.
DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#20 » by DeadHorse » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 pm

theSkinny wrote:
DeadHorse wrote:Umm uhhh..... bring him home

To the Cavs? Cause according to the interview he was born in Akron.

This board says they want to bring KD home, so why not curry and anyone who has spent a couple of days in Toronto :lol:
HireTZ (And Bruno).

Return to Toronto Raptors