ImageImageImageImageImage

Demar DeRozan WILL have a better CAREER than VC

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Re: Demar DeRozan WILL have a better CAREER than VC 

Post#81 » by Stolen Identity » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am

AfricanSensation wrote:I think most will agree that VC will get in the hall of fame at the end of his career. Do you see Demar as a future hall of famer?

The bar to get into the HOF isn't very high, but the way I can see DeMar getting there is if he really develops into a top level player for a long stretch of time. It could best yet start with the upcoming season. If he suffers no major injuries, I can't see why his longevity can't match Vince's.

Plus, being on possible title teams in the future and international competition with the best chance to win medals helps out too.
Stuck in Dystopia.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#82 » by TheGoodDoctor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 am

I can't ever see DeMar being able to score almost 28ppg and actually being the clear leader of a playoff team that goes a couple of rounds. Not that is incredible....but it does take another level of scorer than what I think DeMar is capable of to be in the top 3-5 in the league like VC has been a couple of times.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#83 » by Ari_Emanuel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 am

What is really hurting Vince is 1) the only hardware he has is a rookie of the year award and 2) he never had a dominant stretch spanning several years.

Vince really was awesome - he started out of the gate much better than Demar and had much higher natural talent but he plateaued pretty quickly and never had the consistency of other superstars. DD is just at the beginning of his prime and if he can take another leap this year and then sustain that level of play for 3-5 years then he'll be in Vince's orbit.

We'll know by the All-Star break whether Demar has another gear, otherwise we'll all need to be satisfied that he at least became borderline all-star.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.

Return to Toronto Raptors