ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2K15 Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Re: NBA 2K15 Thread (Operation Sports Gives It 7/10) 

Post#461 » by bape_lovers » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:44 pm

i like the game so far..the MyCareer mode is pretty fun..I found that you can't signature upgrades anymore bad..but its more user friendly now..I haven't play any other modes yet..waiting for the season to actual start to get the proper rosters

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#462 » by Troubadour » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Simcast is the best. I am in December of my first season and I have been able to play at least the fourth quarter in most of my games.

One game, I was down four to the Cavs with 30 seconds left and I hit a three. They inbounded the ball, I fouled, and they hit both free throws. Lowry got a quick lay up and we were then down 1 with ~22 seconds left. They inbounded to Kyrie, but I was able to steal it off of him at halfcourt. Lowry sprinted up the court and found a trailing Terrence Ross for an And 1. He missed the free throw leaving us up 1.

LeBron ended up scoring as time expired to win the game for the Cavs.

Since I wanted my revenge, I didn't Simcast the December 5th game in Cleveland. We ended up blowing the Cavs out and Bruno even got some burn. He was 2-2 from 3 and had a rebound. His Per36 stats are now crazy and his PER is 72.

The game is so much fun. Can't understand why people are so negative about it.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#463 » by duppyy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Troubadour wrote:Simcast is the best. I am in December of my first season and I have been able to play at least the fourth quarter in most of my games.

One game, I was down four to the Cavs with 30 seconds left and I hit a three. They inbounded the ball, I fouled, and they hit both free throws. Lowry got a quick lay up and we were then down 1 with ~22 seconds left. They inbounded to Kyrie, but I was able to steal it off of him at halfcourt. Lowry sprinted up the court and found a trailing Terrence Ross for an And 1. He missed the free throw leaving us up 1.

LeBron ended up scoring as time expired to win the game for the Cavs.

Since I wanted my revenge, I didn't Simcast the December 5th game in Cleveland. We ended up blowing the Cavs out and Bruno even got some burn. He was 2-2 from 3 and had a rebound. His Per36 stats are now crazy and his PER is 72.

The game is so much fun. Can't understand why people are so negative about it.

I'm having a lot of fun with it as well and I Haven't even scratched the surface of the game.

I've had 2 minor annoyances with first starting the game and a point where I thought I lost all my MyPlayer data, but thankfully I didn't.

Been playing a bit of MyPlayer and MyGM but have been playing MyTeam the most.

For me personally, this game was worth the $70 price tag since I'll be playing it till 2k16 comes out.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#464 » by Truthrising » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:01 pm

bape_lovers wrote:i like the game so far..the MyCareer mode is pretty fun..I found that you can't signature upgrades anymore bad..but its more user friendly now..I haven't play any other modes yet..waiting for the season to actual start to get the proper rosters

Yeah same here, my career mode is fun and addictive, I didn't play 2k14 but I love how they added the storyline as well.

Well worth the $70 :nod:
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#465 » by bape_lovers » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:03 pm

exactly..I like how the Teams are actually running plays..even if you screw it up..A.Is won't do random things

truthrising wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:i like the game so far..the MyCareer mode is pretty fun..I found that you can't signature upgrades anymore bad..but its more user friendly now..I haven't play any other modes yet..waiting for the season to actual start to get the proper rosters

Yeah same here, my career mode is fun and addictive, I didn't play 2k14 but I love how they added the storyline as well.

Well worth the $70 :nod:

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#466 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:38 pm

After having spent some time with the game, I'd say this game tops 2K14 just for the extra features. Gameplay is a lot better, and there aren't as many clumsy animations that trap you into a move. I also like how people can no longer spam the steal button. You actually have to play smart defense now in terms of positioning. I love being able to earn badges based on gameplay too. (However, there are quite a few lames who are playing on Rookie difficulty in order to "farm" badges.)

I finally got Facescan to work too. Natural light is the key. I gave up on it after the first week, but I tried it out on Saturday after I realized how long the cord was on my ps4 camera. Stick the camera between you and your nearest window during the daytime and it should work like a charm.

I have yet to try online though (still getting schooled by the CPU), but I'm looking to get a few games in this weekend.
LeetGoose
Junior
And1: 414

Post#467 » by LeetGoose » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm

First time playing MyTeam, I was wondering, does it make more sense to buy packs or save up MT points and buy stuff on the auction house?
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#468 » by Live Free » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 pm

feel free to add if you wanna squad up with me in mypark/jordan rec (6'7 SF, All Star 1, 90ovr and still upgrading)..

PSN: D-Up-Fool
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#469 » by duppyy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 pm

LeetGoose wrote:First time playing MyTeam, I was wondering, does it make more sense to buy packs or save up MT points and buy stuff on the auction house?

Right now I'm buying packs and it's worked out so far for me(I got Marc Gasol in one of my packs, helped my team greatly)

I've beat 5 teams in domination so far without having to spend a single point in the AH.

It's kinda funny how Bruno is one of the best players on my team. He's great from the 3pt land.
Calderon
Banned User
And1: 199

Post#470 » by Calderon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 am

Same crap, different year.

Many of the online features are ruined by people buying themselves wins. The game play itself is hardly improved. Face it, we are paying for a roster update.
HakeemBird
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#471 » by HakeemBird » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:29 am

I like the game a lot. Do wish Career mode would be harder. Right when I start Career mode I can turn the Sixers into a powerhouse before I even play a game. I was able to turn the sixers players and picks into this team.

PG- MCW
SG- Klay Thompson
SF- Kawai lenoard
PF- Ibaka
C- Cousins

Mitortic
McDorrmet
Stauskus

off the bench

Way too easy to stack teams in Career mode
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#472 » by Ackshun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Have they added Bebe to the game yet?

Or at least put the other 3 in the free agent listings?

Thanks
youngtea
Sixth Man
And1: 1,045

Post#473 » by youngtea » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Ackshun wrote:Have they added Bebe to the game yet?

Thanks

They will probably do another update right before the season starts with the final 15 of every team.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#474 » by Waylon Mercy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks

Ya he's on the Raps already
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#475 » by Ackshun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Waylon Mercy wrote:

Thanks

Ya he's on the Raps already

Thanks. He wasn't on the roster from day 1 it seems...

I may wait til we solve our extra body situation before restarting my season.
bandwagonTank
Junior
And1: 226

Post#476 » by bandwagonTank » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 pm

I played MyCareer as a center and then as a SF. I started in the lowest difficulity (pro) and uped it to Allstar before I called it quit.

I think 2k does listen to the community however they didn't double check and test out what they fixed:

1) People were complaing back in 2k14 about how you can't block or hinder a a player when he's in the dunking animation, well now they overkilled it the other way. The Player and the AI on your team both can't make a contact layup even with minimual contact, or even if the opposing team is anywhere near you. Your best dunker constantly blown dunks it's embrassing.

I think the problem is that partially that you start with a low layup rating combined with the player not fully utilizing all the moves available (hop step, left handed layup, fakes, etc) There's also the problem if being stuck in animation.

I could change the sliders a bit but It feels like cheating. Changing the CPU's sliders alos makes you impossible to defend their layup.

2) The AI on your team is still pretty (Please Use More Appropriate Word) on defense. They won't pressure the player when there's seconds left on the shotclock leading to open 3s. Your assignment get switched around every time when the defense scrambled leading you to either guard all 5 men and the you being responsible for any player that's open.

On the other end of the floor, the AI on your team will always pause for a second at he passes the halfcourt line on the breakaway leading to opponents catching up. On any given possession your computer controlled PG will always probe first into the lane and then pass to the wing that's nowhere near the basket even when there's less then 5 seconds left in the period leading to your wing taking a 3 from near half court.

Then again I do see improvement because you have the options to see the plays being runned even if you are not the PG and the plays they have on 2k15 are pretty good when it's executed perfectly. It's just that your opponent always knows what play you are calling and the defense will counter. While your team gets screen and run around on defense like chickens without their heads.

on offense your team will most often pass to the other team or at your feet.

Offensive rebound is also a problem. It looks like you have to box out the other team to have a chance to get the Offense rebound. even if there's nobody within 5 feet of you if you try to go for the rebound it'll just bounce off your hand/body/head and the opposing team will snatch it. Ofcourse there's zero chance of you getting the rebound if it looks like a 50/50 ball on the O board.

3) I think there's a hidden difficulity setting in every 2k game... Your first few games is easy but then afterwards certain conditions starts kicking in and you can't do the same thing that you used to be able to do before. Pick and roll won't work because the AI will sudden know how to defend it, you can't get the rebound even if you were able to do so with the same condition 5 games before.

And the Computer programming for setting a screen is broken. You can move into position, set a screen, but if that's within half a second and the opposing AI made contact with you it's an illegal screen. It's pretty evident when the AI itself frequently gets called for illegal screen as well.

4) Don't get me started on simulation. No matter how far ahead you are before you hit the bench you are always behind when you get back, and if you are close then you'll be 20 points behind even if you only sat out for 2 minutes. I think what's happening is that the computer projects the score based on each player's performance. If you are the only one doing all the scoring then ofcourse your team won't be able to score when you get subbed out. Your opponent's offense also gets projected too and while it's fine before you get subbed in, when you are actually playing your team all became stupid on defense and therefore you'll always end up worse when you are subbed out.

It's fine when I play a center because I always shut down the other team in the paint, however on my SF I can't really do anything on D.
LeetGoose
Junior
And1: 414

Re: NBA 2K15 Thread 

Post#477 » by LeetGoose » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Anyone else having trouble with trying to score under the basket? It's pretty ridiculous at times

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gyAkyF4FLM&list=UUFlwqc2OazsNNH2gCW_lZlA[/youtube]
Rapsfan151
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#478 » by Rapsfan151 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Is the game only worth it on nextgen? I have a Ps3 but it sounds like they didn't change the game at all for ps3 and xbox 360. Anyone have any experiences with this?
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#479 » by mintsa » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:52 pm

I posted this on operationsports.

Platform: PS4

What is the bug ? Random disconnect error during online ranked matches resulting in a loss.

I have already posted about this and also posted a picture of the error. But after almost 3 weeks now I think I have isolated when this happens.

I never get this drop/error when....

1) I'm the road team
2) Trailing in the game.

This error ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN.....

1) I'm the home team
2) Winning the game
3) It always seems to happen when it looks like my opennent is going to quite the game, you can tell, he stops controlling the his players, or after a "put the game away".

So I believe this drop/error happens when your the home team and your opponent quits the game very "close application or system stand by".

2k15 for some reason doesn't recognize this properly and gives you a loss.

Anyways, I'm 99% this is where the error is happening. Anyone else who has this problem, do you see this same pattern ??
chroms
Junior
And1: 501

Post#480 » by chroms » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Return to Toronto Raptors