ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Anyone else do this?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Re: OT - Anyone else do this? 

Post#41 » by C_Money » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Most people who wear Nets gear aren't even basketball fans. They think it looks cool to have "Brooklyn" written on them, not knowing that Brooklyn isn't even a dangerous place anymore. You've gotta be pretty damn rich to live there these days.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#42 » by IMAN5 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:21 pm

if its playoff time and an idiot is wearing the opposing teams logo i'll chirp em. if i see people right now wearing nets stuff, i just keep my thoughts to myself but I think they're losers.
instagram.com/510movement
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#43 » by Ganan23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Throwback24 wrote:Why don't come to Brownsville and do it? I live around real goons OP, you may not get another and1 if you try to.

Brownsville? damn bruh, U Racist :(
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#44 » by Ganan23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Raptors_Dynasty wrote:fk Vancouver
Nah but seriously fk Vancouver

jk
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#45 » by RandomRaptorfan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 pm

OP are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,647

Post#46 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 pm

pretty lame of you tbh. you end up looking like a huge douche.
Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#47 » by Scraptor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Sometimes I wonder how there are grownups who made it through school without an instructional asskicking. Were you homeschooled OP?
yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#48 » by yogimvp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 pm

you live in vancouver nothings gonna happen to you.
James Takote
Senior
And1: 1,067

Post#49 » by James Takote » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm

There are alot of Brooklyn Nets hats at Eaton Centre Footlocker

Can you buy them all and burn them in Dundas Square pls I hate them
You've still got to have some fun, even if you lose... Come on, it's basketball. Yeah, we wanted to win, but you know, I want to laugh, too. - Gregg Pop
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#50 » by Truthrising » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Wow..didn't know Vancouver were full of a$$*****
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,076

Post#51 » by mihaic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:22 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:I try to say F*** you to at least 3 strangers a day. Life in Tha 6 ain't easy.

Lol it aint easy man. It ain't.

Sure it is easy.
My trick though is I only say it in my head. Or in my car. The 6 keeps me inside my car a lot.
R_Rahl
Ballboy
And1: 45

Post#52 » by R_Rahl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Larry Dallas wrote:Yeah. This isn't going to end well.

Hahahaha ya well this actually went pretty much as expected.
It's the internet so negative comments are the norm.
Also, I don't think my original post was phrased the best way it could of been.

I want to re-iterate that whenever I do this, it is never done menacingly.. it is not filled with anger or hate... its in fun, and usually goes over real well with the person wearing the nets gear. They get it.

Also, to comment on the one person who says they wear the gear to be fashionable, one time I did this I the dude had no idea what I meant. We chatted and he just said "i wear this hat b/c it's pretty" (now english was not his first language so pretty may of been a weird word choice but you get the point)
so yea, lots of ppl rocking nets gear for reasons outside of being a fan, which makes saying "F**K BROOKLYN" just that much funnier cuz they are clueless as to why some random is even talking to them.

Anyways, thanks for the responses guys! This actually went about as well as it could of..... i will say one last time i am honestly shocked more ppl are not doing this especially in tdot. Oh well.
your life is yours alone... rise up and live it
R_Rahl
Ballboy

Post#53 » by R_Rahl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Carlton Banksy wrote:
R_Rahl wrote:
Carlton Banksy wrote:No, I don't do that. Why would I? The series is over, we lost, and I'm not a douche.

I don't really wear b-ball gear, but if there were any teams gear I would wear it would be the Nets. What can I say, they have some dope stuff. I'm a huge Raptors fan & would never wear it while we're facing them (and would judge the hell out of anybody who did), but the series is over, you can't stay hating every team we compete against.

1) you are not a raptor fan even a little (in my opinion) if you at any point wear brooklyn gear.

2) when did anyone say we are to hate every team we play??? Did our GM chirp any other team and i missed it??? if not why would you even say that.... clearly this is inspired by a specific event so lets focus on the facts my dude.

3) quote = "and I'm not a douche." lol that's like a hipster trying to tell ppl he aint a hipster

4) all good if you dont do this man, i'm good with that... i think its less about the specific series and more about a chance for us to band together against a common, albeit made-up, enemy... i think it just perpetuates Raptor pride. That's just me tho

1) I would've thought my following & supporting the Raptors for the last 14 years would contribute to me being a fan more than my wardrobe, but guess not. So thank you for educating me.

2) That specific event was awesome, but it's over.

3) No, I am a bit of a hipster, but I think wearing awesome socks is different than yelling expletives at strangers.

4) :cuddle

No problem my friend!!! Would hate for you to go on thinking otherwise.
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#54 » by RedX » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:08 am

Well, I think if you give someone the middle finger you're more-so saying "**** you" than **** Brooklyn and yes you will certainly get your ass badly beaten one day.

On another note, every time I see someone rocking Brooklyn gear I poke fun at them and tell them to take that **** off.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#55 » by lolwut » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 am

OP sounds like a real douche bag.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
R_Rahl
Ballboy

Post#56 » by R_Rahl » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 am

RedX wrote:Well, I think if you give someone the middle finger you're more-so saying "**** you" than **** Brooklyn and yes you will certainly get your ass badly beaten one day.

On another note, every time I see someone rocking Brooklyn gear I poke fun at them and tell them to take that **** off.

put like that i can see how bad it sounds.
Thanks for your thoughts and i agree. I'm going to take this advice and drop any hand gestures.
This is all about sports and team loyalty and supposed to be about friendly trash talking.
I'll say again, most interactions have been positive and a few have just been in passing. I was just wondering how many others are out there doing it.

Some of y'all need to lighten up, the irony of all the name calling is amazing....not unexpected, but amazing none-the-less
DJ_RnC
Analyst
And1: 5,231

Post#57 » by DJ_RnC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:40 am

I was at a bar in Manhattan this past summer, saw a dude in a Nets hat. Walked up to him (keep in mind that I'm very inebriated at this point) and I asked him "hey bud are you just wearing that hat or are you a fan of the team"

He said he was a fan to which I said "I'm from Toronto so I'm supposed to hate you cuz of the playoffs" He didn't give me much of a reaction (like a typical Nets fan, he wasn't as passionate about his team as a Raptors fan) and we just sorta laughed it off.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#58 » by Waylon Mercy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:02 am

No I haven't come across one of the 12 Nets fans that roam the earth but like others have
alluded to a lot of people wear sports gear for "style" not because they're a fan of the team.

Return to Toronto Raptors